I Keep Losing by less than an eyelash in Like the Wind (Answered)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitz24
  • 6 comments
  • 1,075 views

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
Messages
22,274
United States
NJ/USA
Messages
Blitzbay
I'm using my maxed out Furai with a top speed of 267 MPH and downforce settings of 30/45 and I keep losing at Indy. Am I doing something wrong?
 
Last edited:
Veyron doesn´t cut it?
 
I don't know, the Furai is fast enough I just can't figure out what distance I need to be ahead before the final split.
 
Lower your final gear ratio a bit; you're never going to hit more than 240-250mph in the Furai, so might as well have better acceleration. My last split before the line (just before T3) was less than a second, but you gain enough of a lead through the turns to carry through to the win.
 
Veyron doesn´t cut it?

In the straights yes it's fast... but just wait until you try to turn it lol. It's like a bus going 200mph.

In other words no, it's a bad choice.
 
Lower your final gear ratio a bit; you're never going to hit more than 240-250mph in the Furai, so might as well have better acceleration. My last split before the line (just before T3) was less than a second, but you gain enough of a lead through the turns to carry through to the win.

Ah ok, I forgot the trade-off for too much TS is the loss of acceleration. I usually get beat with 2 seconds to go so I'll try that.

EDIT: Turned ABS off and lower TS to 249, I won by 1.7 seconds. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Back