I love eb games

  • Thread starter Thread starter trevornewell
  • 31 comments
  • 3,415 views
Messages
10
Messages
trevornewell
After all the excitement wore off from getting gt5, I realized I had never got my pre-order bonus cars. So I called them and asked why. The guy I talked too said he forgot and was sorry. Then he continued to ask me if I had a pen and paper and gave me my dlc code right over the phone. I know it's not a very important topic, but my wife was not nearly as excited as me. So I decided to share my story with the people who would appceate my good news.
:)
 
I hate EB games. They screw me over every chance they get. I try to never buy anything from them, but sometimes when I really need to get my fix, and can't get it from anywhere else, I'll go there.
 
Sorry you hate them so. Mabie if you lived in Newfoundland you would have better luck.
 
Some EB/Gamestop stores are better than others, for sure. One of them up here is definitely staffed by people who just needed some retail gig and couldn't care less about gaming, and consequently don't know what they're talking about and just push the upsell every chance they get. Another one, though, is staffed by total gamers, and they usually know what they're talking about, and are generally pretty helpful.

Sounds like you got one of the good stores, trevornewell, 'grats!
 
What can a video game store possibly do to screw you over....
 
I've been really happy with my Gamestop...I actually followed a store manager from one location to another just because of the excellent customer service that was provided.

I had a similiar situation with my LE download code, as one of the cars didn't download. I emailed Gamestop customer service, and they took care of it via email. Made it nice so I didn't have to attempt to go back to the store on Black Friday!
 
I hate EB games. They screw me over every chance they get. I try to never buy anything from them, but sometimes when I really need to get my fix, and can't get it from anywhere else, I'll go there.

Cool story bro...
 
I wonder if I could ring a store and pretend I didn't get a code and get on :P
 
Before they built a gamestop in my area, I had to go to one a few miles away and every person who worked there were complete dbags, always answering questions cocky and acted like what they do for a living is rocket science, but the one by me now has really nice people and now I always strike up a conversation with em, chill dudes.
 
Wait, isn't EB Games dead? >.>

I remember when their old HQ (Before they got bought out by Gamestop) was located near me.
 
My pre-order car code didn't work. I called up Gamestop and they gave me a new one. I tried it right there with the guy on the phone and thanked him.
 
Well it seams that some places are better then others. And as far as I know Gamestop and eb games have something going on because everytime I try to visit ebgames.ca I always get redirected to gamespot.ca for some resion. All the same though, I hope all your gaming experiences, where ever you are, are as good as mine has been. :)
 
I love Gamestop as well. Traded in 3 PS3 games that I no longer wanted and only had to pay $67 for my CE. Simply one of the best deals I ever made. I even had a nice chat with the guy running the store about GT5 and NFS Hot Pursuit. They defenitely got a returning customer. :D
 
Yeah, they are awesome. I got 6 stealth cars, 5(?) chrome cars and a T-shirt just for pre ordering.
 
Some stores are better then others.. the old Gamestop I used to go to were full of idiots.. my little bro went to ask them if they had a copy of Counter Strike: Source.. the guy at the desk said "they don't make that game anymore".. did he forget that over 1/2 of the games they sell aren't made anymore... freken idiot.

The one where I am now, thankfully is better. They forgot my code, dropped by later on and the guy printed one out no problem, didn't ask to see a receipt or any of that junk.. but instead asked how I like the game and whatnot.. :)
 
After all the excitement wore off from getting gt5, I realized I had never got my pre-order bonus cars. So I called them and asked why. The guy I talked too said he forgot and was sorry. Then he continued to ask me if I had a pen and paper and gave me my dlc code right over the phone. I know it's not a very important topic, but my wife was not nearly as excited as me. So I decided to share my story with the people who would appceate my good news.
:)

They forgot to give me my code too. I went back and got it the next day, then went and got another a few days later. Went to another store a few days ago, and got another one, haha. The local EB Games here have LOTS of the codes. My store I pre ordered the CE at only had 2 or 3 CEs ordered, yet they had a stack of atleast 25 codes.
 
After all the excitement wore off from getting gt5, I realized I had never got my pre-order bonus cars. So I called them and asked why. The guy I talked too said he forgot and was sorry. Then he continued to ask me if I had a pen and paper and gave me my dlc code right over the phone. I know it's not a very important topic, but my wife was not nearly as excited as me. So I decided to share my story with the people who would appceate my good news.
:)

lol :D That's hilarious. Maybe your wife doesn't understand, but we do. ;) ...which does remind me: I preordered mine from GameStop and they gave me nothing. The more and more I go to GameStop the more I get irritated for some reason. Maybe it's just my GameStop locally though...I've been going to Best Buy for trade ins. In fact, that is where I got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. :)
 
After all the excitement wore off from getting gt5, I realized I had never got my pre-order bonus cars. So I called them and asked why. The guy I talked too said he forgot and was sorry. Then he continued to ask me if I had a pen and paper and gave me my dlc code right over the phone. I know it's not a very important topic, but my wife was not nearly as excited as me. So I decided to share my story with the people who would appceate my good news.
:)

Same thing happened to me
 
What can a video game store possibly do to screw you over....

I called one of them when race pro came out, and they said they would hold the only copy they got until I got there. I live over an hour away and let them know this. When I got there the guy said someone had called in, and they already picked it up.

The last used game I bought there, they put a 360 game in a ps3 case and sent me home with the wrong consoles disk. Again I live over an hour away, so I had to go the next day and swap out the disks. No in store credit, or anything for my trouble.

When I preordered GTIV they never shipped it, same with forza 3.

They only give you 20$ for a game then sell it for 54$ used.

When the 360's came out I bought one there, and it didn't work out of the box. They wouldn't return it or give me a refund or anything. I ended up having to go to walmart to get them to replace it.

I use to love it when it was electronics boutique, They would let you return anything for up to 10 days. If the game wasn't any good you could just return it and get a refund. When it switched over to gamestop, and they got really big, all of the things that I loved about electronics boutique started to vanish.

I'm sure there's more reasons I hate EB games, but those are the ones that first came to mind.
 
Un like play.com they forgot my codes and then we I asked for them they told me they need to be generated and that was a week a go and I have still got no reply
 
The Gamestop by my house is staffed with really friendly gamer dudes. Only problem is that they aren't racing gamer dudes :indiff: They don't know much about racing games, nor do they seem to have any interest in them. When I got my CE, they printed a code on my receipt. I got home, installed the game and input the code. It gave me the Joey Logano Nascar but not the Stealth McLaren as it was supposed to. I called them back and they very nicely gave me another code. It wasn't a valid code however, so I called them back again. They gave me another code which turned out to be the same Nascar but no McLaren. I called them back and they said now they can't help me :nervous:

It really comes down to the individuals who happen to work at the store whether or not you have a positive or negative experience.
 
I liked EB Games today...I was confused about the whole stealth car codes things.

I got a C.E, with the chromeline cars, and a few people had told me they preordered GT5 and got stealth codes, and I didn't despite preordering my edition.

I rang EB, just to check if I was entitled...turns out I wasn't, it was only for preordering the standard version (which is weird anyway, because they effectively get 6 brilliant cars just for getting a normal version)...but anyway, they told me I wasn't supposed to get any...then proceeded to give me some spare codes they had.

Pretty happy...almost makes up for years of overly costy games and undervalued trade-ins.
 
Cool story bro...

Thanks, I could PM you some more storys if you want. I've got a good one about the sarcastic forum member who got ran over by a VW Samba bus.
 
They forgot mine too... I just walked in and they gave me another voucher without even questioning it lol. There was a stack just sitting on the front counter.
 
I wonder if I could ring a store and pretend I didn't get a code and get on :P

onto something here, just as bad as the Bday exploit.....there is always ebay lol:crazy:
 
I like EB Games always friendly and helpful.
 
EB was pretty decent regarding release.. they went to the back, got my CE + the little paper with the DLC codes on it..
 
Back