I must be awfully bored to post this.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 47 comments
  • 2,710 views

Gil

Bird man
Premium
Messages
6,977
Messages
old-guy64
I know that this has already been done at least once before.
But it felt like it might be time for a new one.
Anybody got any favorite cars from movies or old TV shows?
Please don't talk about anything from that trash TF & TF or 2F2F.
My personal faves would be:
The Mach 5 from Speed Racer
The Torino from Starsky and Hutch
Daisy Duke's Dodge Charger/Challenger (it was a yellow '72 or '73 model) (Dukes of Hazzard)
Dan Tanna's 1957 T-bird (Vega$)
Hawk's BMW 6 series (Spenser for Hire)
Ron Howard's 1958 Impala (American Graffiti)
Suzanne Somers 1956 porthole T-Bird (American Graffiti)
The 1962 T-bird Convertible from Miami Vice.
The Ferrari from Ferris Bueller's Day off
"Eleanor" from the new GI60S
The Mini Coopers from the original and the new Italian Job.
The Vette driven by Colm Meaney in ConAir.

How about the rest of you? I know there are a few of you out there itching to name the MonkeeMobile, The Partridge Family's Bus, and any of the cool cars driven by Maxwell Smart in the opening credits of "Get Smart". :lol:
 
the 1970 challenger R/T from vanshing point, the red 4 door chevy bel-air from deuces wild.
 
Heh - I was going to nominate the Sunbeam Tiger Max Smart drove!

Hard to thin of others, but on a related note, our cable channel is currently running 'The Streets of San Francisco' with Michael Douglas, who must have been all of 25 when he did that series. All the cars are these gigantic American 70's monstrosities, with blancmange suspension - the moment they corner hard, they just flop over on the outside wheel and the hubcap flies off! Fantastic!
 
Forgot what kind of car but the black one in Training Day.
 
I like the Viper they used in the show "Viper". :D
 
Originally posted by wana b drifter
the trans am?

It's not so much the car just that it talks and does everything on its own.

PS--nice av.
 
Gil Gil Gil As one of the old farts in here I expected you to at least mention the mustang in Bullet....What about The Little Red Truck(Dodge) from the movie"The Driver". Bruce Dern was amazing in that flick. Ryan O'neal (literally)drives the doors off a Mercedes in a parkade. OMG I (almost) forgot about the original Trans-Am as driven by none other than Burt Reynolds. Fire chicken from hell! I guess Car 54 if you're into cop cars........:D Mad Max's first car. The Munster mobile. A certain '58 Plymouth in the movie Christine. Man .....I'm going to be up all night now:D
 
My wife just thought of Herbie The Love Bug, and that cool car from the Matrix. Suicide doors. The Porche from Faster Pussycat Kill Kill Kill. What about that blue car from the Mr.Bean series.:p The black lambo from Cannonball Run. The Blues Brother's cop car. Kermit and Fozie's Studebaker. Ooo Ooo (all time) What about the Jim Rockford's Orange(sunset) Trans-Am. I mean he invented "The Rockford".:D On a tangent...Darth Vader's cool Tie-fighter and the pink Caddy from Twisted Metal. That car from The Avengers. The El-Camino from the movie "The Mexican". Oh and Gil....dare I say "Thelma and Louise" :eek: :eek: .
 
The "Invisible and indestructable" police car in "running scared" with Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal.

Still love that movie.

The Charger from the "Dukes of Hazard" will always have a place in my heart.

And any one of the porsches from "No man's land" starring Charlie Sheen.

AO
 
Originally posted by Mr. Snowtire
Gil Gil Gil As one of the old farts in here I expected you to at least mention the mustang in Bullet....What about The Little Red Truck(Dodge) from the movie"The Driver". Bruce Dern was amazing in that flick. Ryan O'neal (literally)drives the doors off a Mercedes in a parkade. OMG I (almost) forgot about the original Trans-Am as driven by none other than Burt Reynolds. Fire chicken from hell! I guess Car 54 if you're into cop cars........:D Mad Max's first car. The Munster mobile. A certain '58 Plymouth in the movie Christine. Man .....I'm going to be up all night now:D
I had to leave a few cars for y'all to name. :lol:
For that "old fart" comment (I won't deny it) I have to add the Mercedes 450SL that was driven by Steve Austin in the "Six Million Dollar Man.
 
Originally posted by Mr. Snowtire
Oh and Gil....dare I say "Thelma and Louise" :eek: :eek: .
I had forgotten about that T-Bird, and for you lucky people...If you buy the first season of "the Highlander" on DVD You have a Chance to win Duncan McCleod's '65 T-Bird. :eek:

And I have to ask which Firebird driven by Jim Rockford? The early one with the "single headlights" (a '73 or '74 model), or the later one with the "twin headlights" ('76 or '77 model)?
I liked the first one best, and of course Rocky's truck.
 
The GTO from xXx
The vet on that 70s show(Red's baby)
The cobra on Gone in 60 secs
The GT40 on the first episode of Fastlane
The caddy on Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas
The Escalade on Bernie Mac
the XJ220 on Gone in 60 secs
The hummer on Exit Wounds
 
What about the Saleen from Bruce Almighty. It's only on the screen about 15 seconds, but still.
 
Stubbs' Caddy in Miami Vice, The A-Teams' van (hey, I liked it at the time).
 
Originally posted by koolsax
What about the Saleen from Bruce Almighty. It's only on the screen about 15 seconds, but still.
Dam how could I forget.I love everything about that car
 
It's very likely that noone remembers this film: "The Wraith" with Charlie Sheen.

Used in the film was a 1984 prototype Dodge car called the M4S. Never brought to market as they didn't think there was a niche for a $50,000 Dodge sports car.

Running a 2.2 liter turbo inline 4 cylinder it turned 400 Hp (twin Garret T25 turbos) with a track tested top speed of 194.8 miles per hour. Suprisingly enough, over 30mpg on the highway.

And it was one of the few mid engine cars produced by Dodge.

AO
 

Attachments

  • m4s.jpg
    m4s.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 161
i've seen the wraith.

equalizer jag
 
Originally posted by Gil
Suzanne Somers 1956 porthole T-Bird (American Graffiti)

I too,... am a fan of Suzanne Somers' porthole :lol: :p

I also like like:

Magnum P.I.'s Enzo Ferrari

The yellow Ferrari from "The Rock"

The Testerosa form Miami Vice

and last but not least,.. the car that splits in half, from one of the Mr. Bean episodes :lol:
 
the ferrari from the rock was a kit,
and the yenko camaro isnt a peice of ****, just cuz it was in 2f-2f...
 
Originally posted by 1mic
the ferrari from the rock was a kit,
and the yenko camaro isnt a peice of ****, just cuz it was in 2f-2f...
I never said the cars were ****e, re-read the first post with your eyes open. :D
I thought I was very clear that the movies were trash. You could (literally) find more plot in a cemetary.
The Cars were the only high point of both of those films.
 
Originally posted by Gil

And I have to ask which Firebird driven by Jim Rockford? The early one with the "single headlights" (a '73 or '74 model), or the later one with the "twin headlights" ('76 or '77 model)?
I liked the first one best, and of course Rocky's truck.
The first one's a beauty. I include myself in the catagory of "Old Farts" to. I remember Mr.Hooper from Sesame Street, therefore I am. Ace Ventura's Monty. :D "It's a high performance vehicle!":D What about the movie "Corvette Summer" starring Luke Skywalker.
 
From the movie "Bullitt", which has the best car chase scene ever (Note: There is not one single note of music played once the chase starts.), the 1968 Ford "Bullitt" Mustang GT 390, and the 1968 Dodge Charger R/T the Mustang was chasing. I have the DVD, and it is worth buying just for the chase scene alone.

Next would be the yellow with black racing stripe 1969 Dodge Charger R/T that was in the movie "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry." This movie has the next best car chase scene in it. It's to bad what happens to it at the end of the movie.

The Aston Martin DB6 in "Goldfinger" was pretty damn nice too. I like the scene when the old lady was shooting at him with a machine gun. Very funny.
 
Well, the 911 in Bad Boys was pretty cool.

As was the 6.0 Lamborghini Diablo in Ocean's Eleven (yeah, go on, you go find it in the movie :))

And the Miura at the beginning of The Italian Job ( :( )
 
The black Ferrari 2something GTO in the first scene of Vanilla Sky.

A red 355 F1 in some movie about Wall Street.

Eleanor, but even more so that silver 911 that gets driven through the dealership's windows in the new Gone In 60 Seconds.
 
Batmobile - Batman (1989)
Orange GTO - Dazed & Confused
GT-500 - Gone in 60 Seconds
The Merfmobile - Wayne's World :D
Black Thunderbird - Jade
Mercedes 300SL Gullwing - Cannonball Run II
Bond's Aston DB5 & Vanquish
Mini Cooper - The Bourne Identity

& of course,

Audi S8 - Ronin
 
Back