I must be awfully bored to post this.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 47 comments
  • 2,710 views
Originally posted by Gil

Please don't talk about anything from that trash TF & TF or 2F2F.

anything? that would be the yenko camaro, i read your 1st post correctly.
and the charger must be trash as well?
ANYTHING?
 
Originally posted by 1mic
anything? that would be the yenko camaro, i read your 1st post correctly.
and the charger must be trash as well?
ANYTHING?

Forgive me 1mic for I have sinned, I called a sucky movie bad!
I conceded that the cars were the stars.
I just really don't wanna hear anything more about TF & TF.
I have a soft spot in my heart for Fords and they saw their way clear to MURDER one.
I don't talk about Cheech and Chong cause they had the audicity to MURDER a 1957 T-Bird in "Nice Dreams". Those kind of crimes are right up there with breaking the neck off of a Martin guitar. What in the world were they thinking. The only thing worse (off the top of my head) was the brutal and shameless killing of the Ferrari in "The Rock".

The only Fords that can die without shame in the movies and television are the police cars, and then only when they are chasing the films heroes. Such as in the Dukes of Hazzard (though I believe all the cop cars were Mopar), and both Blues Brothers movies.
 
Originally posted by Gil

The Cars were the only high point of both of those films.

Well, the Muscle cars where at least. The imports they used didnt really have any engine mods to them. Road and Track tested them and they got practically stock numbers. They were going to test them on a road coarse but the 5 point harnesses where fake too.

The orange Challenger is for real though. The producer went to car auctions and bought three of them and lovingly restored them to original condition (with the exception of painting them orange).

Originally posted by Der Alta

The Charger from the "Dukes of Hazard" will always have a place in my heart.

Same here :). Used to be a member of their fan club.

Originally posted by Viper_Maniac
I like the Viper they used in the show "Viper". :D

I love that show! Hope Paramount brings it back.



Though it wasnt in a movie, it had lots of coverage (and is similar to a Cannonball Run), was the Koenigsegg from this years Gumball 3000. It was ticketed for traveling 243 mph. It took a helicopter and two aircraft to clock the car. The driver went to jail but was out a few hours later and a few thousand dollars lighter...
 
yellow mustang from original gone in 60 seconds
 
Originally posted by Gil
The only Fords that can die without shame in the movies and television are the police cars, and then only when they are chasing the films heroes.

You gotta agree with Slick6 that Elenor, the yellow Ford Mustang, went out in style.

By the way, Slick6, I love the avatar. :D
 
The car in Viper rarely did anything. Although Viper was a better program, Knight Rider was far better for action because the producers weren't afraid to drive the Trans Ams hard.
 
Originally posted by Brandono
Forgot what kind of car but the black one in Training Day.
That was a first generation Monte Carlo :D
Ok, how about the Camaro from - Better Off Dead :D

I think I remember the movie The Wraith. Wasn't that the movie where Charlie Sheen got killed in a car accident or something, maybe an alien I forget, but he was going around in that prototype and killing all the "bad" guys in it while racing them?

Ok, then there was that one Jackie Chan flick with the Lancer Evolution VI I believe - Operation Condor possibly?

Who can forget the Chevy Lumina(I think that was them) scene in Days of Thunder?

The Two F1 cars in that Sylvestor Stallone flick. . . Forgive me because my recollection of movie names is really bad.

Ok pop quiz, A re-done show that did not last long, It had an Expidition and a Mustang, including another motorcycle type thing and I forgot the fourth car. It was done in the mid to early 90's. They were revamping an 80's show using a different manufactor this time around. I will give one more hint. . . The cars talked to them :D

The Porsche from Spy Games :D
 
stallone flick was driven, and it was cart not f1.

yes, that's the wraith
 
i dunno the show, but it reminds me of team knight rider, a pitiful redo.
 
Originally posted by Talentless
i dunno the show, but it reminds me of team knight rider, a pitiful redo.
nailed that right on the button, just a little more confidence needed in answering. :D Good job talentless, and who said you were talentless btw?
 
I also loved Morgan Feeman's Porsche in "Along came a Spider."

And the RX-8 from "X-Men United."
 
Tazio's Last post reminded me of the Morgan in the War or the Roses.

I also liked the 356 speedster that Eddie Murphy drove in 48 Hrs.

Now you've done it! I'm in a car naming mood. How about the classic Vette and the "Cody Coyote" from Hardcastle and McCormick?
Hutch's Nash Metropolitan? (Starsky and Hutch)
Trevette's Prowler on Walker Texas Ranger (one lousy episode)
I too liked the '60s Batmobile, and the Green Hornet's car (though I can't remember quite what it was called)
Oh yeah, the funky colored Lotus Esprit in The Rookie.

Actually, if I remember correctly, in The Wraith, Charlie Sheen was the older brother of the kid that worked in the hamburger stand. He was killed racing down that mountain road by the "bad guys" that are currently giving his little bro, and former girlfriend problems.
Doesn't he (Sheen) also show up a time or two in the movie on a Honda Dirt Bike?
 
The time machine from back to the future 👍
 
Originally posted by Bahbo
The time machine from back to the future 👍

Yeah, the DeLorean is a classic.
I used to have a whole gallery on my PC with nothing but pics from "Eleanor". (from the new GI60S)
KITT from Knight Rider was my all-time favorite when I was a kid, I grew up with that car. :D
 
delorean would be the time machine DeLorean, i think.
 
the valiant in the wog boy. one of the nicest cars i can remember in a movie
 
Back