I need a few pointers, this sim is making me feel bad.

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 35 comments
Dukey_40
I see..Is it best then to go with auto blip for the time being in the MX5 Cup car? Heard its one of the worst with no aids at all..Im not exactly smooth at the moment but im gettin there..

Pingwhen
i just cant do heel and toe. i have auto blip on and i am very competitive in the car. the mazda is more about smooth driving. slow in fast out driving.

Keep in mind guys that you don't have to use the clutch when downshifting. Timing the throttle blip and downshift just right will work without the clutch. Takes a bit of time to get used to it, but works just as good as heel/toe.

I taught myself to downshift without the clutch within a few hours. Still use clutch to upshift, but my foot never comes off the gas. I press down the clutch and upshift as fast as possible without letting off the throttle.

I tried throttle-braking to downshift in the SRF to keep it more stable and stopped after a few days. Very good chance of missing the shift and ending up in neutral, which generally will leave you going off the track backwards if you can't be applying some throttle in a turn with that car. Now I left foot brake when I don't need to downshift and will heel-toe otherwise.

Just thought I'd let you know that I won my first race 5 minutes ago. It was in the non-rookie splits too, the quality of racers was higher than all my previous races. I qualified and started 4th and crept my way to the top after an incident took on 2nd and 3rd. 1st place started slopping, made a mistake and I passed him. I had an 8 second lead on him by lap 12 and by the finish line, he had shortened that to .6XX seconds. I hung in there and won. :)

Mazda cup @ LRP.

Very happy.

Congrats! Good work fella :)

Conversely, I've had a terrible time with the Mustang at Okayama today! :( Lost a ****load of iRating... Nevermind, gotta keep trying.

Latest Posts

Back