I need help choosing a new gaming PC

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 13 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
I will play LFS,Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2.My monitor is full hd but it will not be a problem for me to play with 1600x900 resolution.Also I do not need more than 2-3 AI on the track.I prefer to buy pre-assembled PC.
So what do you think of these computers?
https://ardes.bg/product/ardes-game-core-i3-1050-ag35-8-98429 price:500€
Gaming Lenovo Legion Y520T-25IKL i3-7100 price:700€
Gaming Lenovo Legion Y520T-25IKL i5-7400 price:750€
ACER ASPIRE GX-781 price:750€
Lenovo IdeaCetre Y720 Cube-15ISH price:800€

Thanks in advance:)

Quoting with my personal picks, given your budget. Should be able to do reasonably well with full HD and a few more than 2-3 AI.

Reasoning behind my picks?
  • Best graphics card presented was a 1050Ti. Personal preference is to buy a card with slightly more VRAM than I need and most mainstream games are creeping towards the point where 4GB of VRAM is needed.
  • Processor options were either an i3-7100 or an i5-7400. Went with the bigger numbers, both in processor core count and part number.
  • All of them offered 8GB of RAM. Bare minimum for a PC I'd buy.

Can't say I don't blame you for wanting to go pre-built. For giggles, here's a build I whipped up in less than five minutes for roughly 100 euro more than what you were going for Same basic specs (quad-core processor, 1050Ti, 1TB hard drive), but double the RAM, AMD processor/motherboard, and fully-modular power supply. (Yes, it's a German site, but it was the first country on the list that I thought of that'd give me prices in Euro)

Quoting with my personal picks, given your budget. Should be able to do reasonably well with full HD and a few more than 2-3 AI.

Reasoning behind my picks?
  • Best graphics card presented was a 1050Ti. Personal preference is to buy a card with slightly more VRAM than I need and most mainstream games are creeping towards the point where 4GB of VRAM is needed.
  • Processor options were either an i3-7100 or an i5-7400. Went with the bigger numbers, both in processor core count and part number.
  • All of them offered 8GB of RAM. Bare minimum for a PC I'd buy.

Can't say I don't blame you for wanting to go pre-built. For giggles, here's a build I whipped up in less than five minutes for roughly 100 euro more than what you were going for Same basic specs (quad-core processor, 1050Ti, 1TB hard drive), but double the RAM, AMD processor/motherboard, and fully-modular power supply. (Yes, it's a German site, but it was the first country on the list that I thought of that'd give me prices in Euro)
Thank you!

None of those builds are particularly appealing for the price, is getting a custom PC assembled by someone else an option for you? If so, this build would be much better for the money.

But yes, as @SecretAgentZero said, the i5/1050Ti builds would be the best out of the lot.

Last edited:
First of all thank you for your answer!
is getting a custom PC assembled by someone else an option for you? If so, this build would be much better for the money.
Unfortunately no.
None of those builds are particularly appealing for the price
But yes, as @SecretAgentZero said, the i5/1050Ti builds would be the best out of the lot.
I will wait until a black Friday to see if I can take them cheaply.👍

I think something like following for 577€ (I think that's how much it is unless I missed something) is good value and should do reasonably well at 1080p - Ryzen 3 1200 with GTX 1060 3GB (1TB HDD, 8GB Ram): Link

I don't know what motherboard they include, worth contacting them and finding out. Great if you can get one with a B350 chipset as that would allow overclocking, even at a small extra cost it is worth getting.

I think something like following for 577€ (I think that's how much it is unless I missed something) is good value and should do reasonably well at 1080p - Ryzen 3 1200 with GTX 1060 3GB (1TB HDD, 8GB Ram): Link

I don't know what motherboard they include, worth contacting them and finding out. Great if you can get one with a B350 chipset as that would allow overclocking, even at a small extra cost it is worth getting.
Your efforts are highly appreciated,thank you!
I'll take in consideration this option.👍

Once again thank you gentlemen for your help! 👍
This is what I bough for 600€
Good to see you got a PC with a GTX 1060. 👍

The i3-7100 is super fast in single core performance which should be good for simulation games and has SMT which should make it still do quite well in games that require a lot of CPU power. Also it has a very capable integrated GPU which is good as a backup.

Should be able to play most games at 1080p 60FPS on max settings with that setup.

The PC is here and I bought Windows Home 10 32/64-BIT USB.Can some explain me as an idiot how to install it.:)

Edit:I got it.

Last edited:
Back