I need help with my honda seat i purchased. need help with rails!!!!!!

• Thread starter dlvgamer5
  • 8 comments
I just picked up an old honda seat. Im gonna build a cockpit or something of the sort. I cant figure out what to do with the rails. i would like to keep them but they are angled and for some reason one is flat ha. im trying to take them off or just any suggestions would be of help. thanks. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=4210

and those round bolts are holding the rails on. idk what to do. any help Please.

dlvgamer5
I just picked up an old honda seat. Im gonna build a cockpit or something of the sort. I cant figure out what to do with the rails. i would like to keep them but they are angled and for some reason one is flat ha. im trying to take them off or just any suggestions would be of help. thanks. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=4210

and those round bolts are holding the rails on. idk what to do. any help Please.

The rounded bolts are probably welded nuts. The other end is probably Allen wrench heads. Look at them closer my friend.

I added two pics of the bolts. ha i double checked after i saw your post. and there flat and round on both side. if i could just get the mounts off i might be able to do something with it but i need those rails off i think. is there a way i could just slide them off by doing something?

Why not start with a piece of 3/4" plywood slightly bigger than the 4 bolt pattern of the seat. Then shape a small block of wood under each mounting hole (4) to level it up. Bolt to the board, then mount board wherever.

I have a seat from a Honda Civic on my GT Omega rig. You can see it here:

Modified GT Omega Racing Cockpit

My seat had angled bolt holes as well. What I did was simply hit them with a hammer. They wouldn't go completely flat but they all flattened out the same amount before they would go any further.

One of the bolt holes was completely flat the same as yours. I just put a rubber washer under it to make it the same as the others. Then I attached a piece of MDF to the bottom.

If you need any more information please ask.

Drill those massive rivets off. That's what I did with my Rover seats. Not that it's a five minute job though, but the results are pleasing.

Latest Posts

Back