I need help with the in game music

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
I thought you could access the music list and edit the playlist like in games past.

I’ve cycled through several menu screens and can’t find it. To say a few songs are getting annoying is an understatement. I remember GT2? let you fast forward songs you didn’t like by hitting L1.

It doesn't currently exist! This has been one of my main gripes with the game as of late - that's something that definitely needs to be implemented as a Quality of Life update.

What I did for now was to simply set the soundtrack from "BGM Music" to "Transmission Mode", so now some songs from Gran Turismo 5/6 play in the menu, which is more than welcome!

Racing soundtrack gets turned off, however - and while I will miss the stuff from daiki kasho and MAKOTO, I'm more than happy to get rid of BagBak, Stepping Stone and LIFE/THRILLS, which are some of the worst songs ever featured in a Gran Turismo title.

I go with transmission mode for menus (love the lounge/jazz tunes from GT 5 and 6) + custom Spotify playlist for racing.

Not hearing "MUUURDAH", or "I like London-dondon, in the rain-ain" while editing my liveries feels great. Also, I didn't like the racing music selection in GT Sport.

The menu soundtrack is great. The racing soundtrack, with the exception of a few songs, is pretty weak. Some of the buttrock started to get on my nerves, so I switched to a custom Spotify playlist before turning off the racing music altogether.

The menu soundtrack is great. The racing soundtrack, with the exception of a few songs, is pretty weak. Some of the buttrock started to get on my nerves, so I switched to a custom Spotify playlist before turning off the racing music altogether.

Yeah, the menu soundtrack isn't too bad... but after going into Transmission Mode, it really doesn't hold a candle compared to the smooth jazz/house/bossa nova from previous GTs. They're too good.

By and large, I don't really care for jazz anymore. I embrace the evolution that Gran Turismo has gone through, soundtrack and all. The one problem is that there's too little now! Whenever I'm required to be in the menus for a longer period of time than usual, (e.g. designing a livery) it gets very, very repetitive.

What I did for now was to simply set the soundtrack from "BGM Music" to "Transmission Mode", so now some songs from Gran Turismo 5/6 play in the menu, which is more than welcome!

Racing soundtrack gets turned off, however - and while I will miss the stuff from daiki kasho and MAKOTO, I'm more than happy to get rid of BagBak, Stepping Stone and LIFE/THRILLS, which are some of the worst songs ever featured in a Gran Turismo title.

Stepping Stone isn't too bad of a song, it just doesn't fit Gran Turismo. What is really terrible though, is Rim Shock.

By and large, I don't really care for jazz anymore. I embrace the evolution that Gran Turismo has gone through, soundtrack and all. The one problem is that there's too little now! Whenever I'm required to be in the menus for a longer period of time than usual, (e.g. designing a livery) it gets very, very repetitive.

Stepping Stone isn't too bad of a song, it just doesn't fit Gran Turismo. What is really terrible though, is Rim Shock.

Granted, Stepping Stone is the least worst of the ones I've noted and there are other far worse songs whose names I didn't even care enough to remember. Rim Shock, while not my cup of tea, at least has a decent pace for a racing game.

I agree on the repetition (though not anymore as I've switched to Transmission Mode), but it never got to a point where it bothered me, mostly because the background music lives up to its name - the songs are all calm, almost seamlessly blending into one another (specially noticeable in Lenny Ibizarre's work). Shows how much thought and effort was put towards curating the soundtrack for the menus... which begs the question as to why the racing BGM is so crappy this time around.

Latest Posts

Back