I need help

• Thread starter zataf
  • 2 comments
Finland
Finland
I know I'm late to the party but I have just picked up GT Sport recently. I've been sim racing for five years mainly on iRacing so I'm new to the console side of things. So far since picking up GT Sport I've done almost all of the driving school courses and some of the driving missions, but I'm really excited to begin racing online with others. The problem is I'm not sure where to begin. When people first start racing online what series do they start off with? How did you guys go about buying your first car to race online? Should I unlock all of the tracks before I start racing online so that I can practice on them? These are probably silly questions but I'm just a wee bit confused. Any help?

Moro,

There is no right or wrong. You can unlock all the tracks if you wish, but you should just stick to what you feel comfortable with. As long as you're having fun, that's really all that matters.

Yep, you're very late to the party. We're sort of expecting (there's no way to know for sure) the GTS servers to be shut down by the end of the year. There's no point in completing the offline content, you will learn absolutely nothing about racing in campaign mode. This game (and GT7 as well) fails miserably in this aspect. The AI is absolutely pathetic and does not even remotely drive like a human being. Just pick a daily race, do as many qualifying laps as you need to at least learn the proper braking points and then just join the race. Be respectful and try not to make any contact with anyone. If you want a real challenge pick daily race C (Nürburgring 24h). Just don't expect any respect, sportsmanship or patience until you get to SR S. And even then it's far from clean racing. As I've said, the game will not teach you anything about real racing in the campaign mode. Good luck.

Back