I need some help..

• Thread starter JKR Nick
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I know I'm late to the party but I have just picked up GT Sport recently. I've been sim racing for five years mainly on iRacing so I'm new to the console side of things. So far since picking up GT Sport I've done almost all of the driving school courses and some of the driving missions, but I'm really excited to begin racing online with others. The problem is I'm not sure where to begin. When people first start racing online what series do they start off with? How did you guys go about buying your first car to race online? Should I unlock all of the tracks before I start racing online so that I can practice on them? These are probably silly questions but I'm just a wee bit confused. Any help?

Welcome.

Some things need time to get used to regardless of skill like the buttons, radar, grid starts, fuel/tires, penalties.. lobbies are a good place to just get that experience without pressure.

In Sports Mode, Race A & B are considered easier than C (due to fuel/tire strategies in play). And most of the time Race A the car is provided.

Race B & C often feature Gr. 3 or 4 cars. The more of those you collect, the more choices you will have in those races.

One way to get a set of Gr. 3 & 4 cars is to sign a contract in the FIA section with a Manufacturer. I signed with Toyota when I got the game (about 2 years ago) and I still use those cars even though I've never entered a Manufactures Series.

Welcome.

Some things need time to get used to regardless of skill like the buttons, radar, grid starts, fuel/tires, penalties.. lobbies are a good place to just get that experience without pressure.

In Sports Mode, Race A & B are considered easier than C (due to fuel/tire strategies in play). And most of the time Race A the car is provided.

Race B & C often feature Gr. 3 or 4 cars. The more of those you collect, the more choices you will have in those races.

One way to get a set of Gr. 3 & 4 cars is to sign a contract in the FIA section with a Manufacturer. I signed with Toyota when I got the game (about 2 years ago) and I still use those cars even though I've never entered a Manufactures Series.

Thank you so much! This was a very big help!

Just jump into sport mode and do the daily races. There is a thread for them here and the people there will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back