"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Monza is a ****ing mess! Always pushed out and no ****ing penalties. I passed from ranking S to B in 3 races. I even do not know why i kept doing races there. That’s a shame!!
Yesterday at the last corner of Monza a guy in a Veyron pushed from my right side, all the way into the sandpit making me stop completely. And he didn't get anything for it.
He got hit by karma, he finished last and his SR was lowered for some other penalties

That's the thing. I only did Monza. Haven't touched Race A or C.
At least with Monza, I can nearly stay out of trouble with backing off in a pack. They'll usually be a coming together and I can capitalise on others' contact. Way easier to pick my battles, than be wall ridden in Race A and the inevitable shunting and muscling for position at RBR. Had fun, with the alt, at the start of the week, but been using my main in the Cayman from last place every race. No stress.

The GR4 Veyron definitely f

Funny, I'm the opposite. I usually qualify well and can't match that pace in a race. It does allow me to start high on grids and I can usually stay up near the front by just being smart. I don't get many wins, but lots of good racing near the front for the most part. I've been mainly hanging out @ Monza this week and have only been punted a couple of times in about 15 races, to me that's about as good as you can hope for...
It's all too easy for me to get distracted by information on the HUD. My issue with qualifying is I focus too much on the split time and end up pushing too hard. It's much easier for me to focus throughout an entire race than a single hotlap, and I prefer that to the other way around.

I play ACC with just the radar and I can focus so much more easily. All the other information I need is in the cockpit. If GT Sport wasn't backwards and had a customizable HUD, I would play with just the radar and lap number. Everything else is distracting. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring it, but there's so much nonsense on the HUD that it's still difficult.

I've also tried to be a vigilante & get revenge when I feel like I've been wronged. It's led to multiple SR & DR resets. Otherwise, I would likely be up there racing with the likes of @NevilleNobody & others near the 40K threshold. E.
Lol Rest assured I usually frequent the 30k threshold. I'll find a way to drop back down dont worry, especially without those easy sr reset wins.

Huh, I came to ask about a penalty and got my question answered about SR drop.

Since I noticed that I was racing both A and D DR players in my last race, but then I swore I didn't get a penalty (other than track limit) in the race before. I did have a pretty opportunistic send down turn 1 Monza which i overshot a bit, but nothing like very egregious to drop from 99 to 82 SR in one race, nor was I penalized in race. So I might had forced someone off, but surely I would noticed since like that tends to be a pretty deliberate action. But people are saying they are seeing "red" SR, whereas I am still getting "blue" at the end of the race.

Maybe I had a complete mind blank and absolutely punted a guy off a corner and failed to remember the incident, the penalty or the drop in SR at the end.

Lol Rest assured I usually frequent the 30k threshold. I'll find a way to drop back down dont worry, especially without those easy sr reset wins.
The highest I've gotten to is around 22-23K before the rowdy crew decided to rough me up & I had to get my revenge. I did say at one time that if my main got to 30K, I'd stop using it & switch to my team account for the remainder of the game's life.

Yeah as always is more about luck and being in the right room or not and of course starting inthe front rows. Today i got beck to S grade after the bad experience in Monza the other day.
i still do not understand why they removed the contact penalties. Is it already happened before? I suppose yes.

If you can reach DR A once, you can reach it again. A good daily race where a car you like is meta can easily be grinded to get you above that level.
I haven't hit it before. That 22K area is just a solid DR B. Maybe one day I'll get excited about one of the dailies enough to go ham on it. :lol:

Meanwhile, We have some familiar names on the IOTW video. Congrats to @Trone_Colby & @Redneckchef for their entries & HighStakes123 (forgot your name here) making a cameo in the top video.

Last edited:
Think about like this: which would intimidate you more, your situation/stats or mine? I've been playing for about 3 years & only have a B DR rating & 71 wins across 3 accounts. I've been very vocal about past penalty system adjustments which other drivers have gamed. I've also tried to be a vigilante & get revenge when I feel like I've been wronged. It's led to multiple SR & DR resets. Otherwise, I would likely be up there racing with the likes of @NevilleNobody & others near the 40K threshold. Eight wins in 3 months would have personally been awesome to me, but I had to retrain my brain in driving against online opponents. They aren't as stupid & easy to push around as the game's AI. I got my first win after 9 months. 😬 Sounds like you are ahead of the curve here.
I did not /cannot see it like you say because I've NOT been racing as many years as you. It's not a thing about stats, it's how It feels to be the rookie with little to no experience in online racing, always worrying about making a fool of oneself on the track in front of you veterans, or worse be shown on YouTube as a "idiot driver"
Yes, I may be "ahead of the curve" as you say but I still feel intimidated and self conscious about how I race, not to be aggressive and fight in the turns, not to hit back when bumped shoved punted off track, stuff like that.

If you have the faster tire I consider it my fault and usually let a racer pass, but not in the last lap.

I don't understand your reply here...

Last edited:
I did not /cannot see it like you say because I've NOT been racing as many years as you. It's not a thing about stats, it's how It feels to be the rookie with little to no experience in online racing, always worrying about making a fool of oneself on the track in front of you veterans, or worse be shown on YouTube as a "idiot driver"
Yes, I may be "ahead of the curve" as you say but I still feel intimidated and self conscious about how I race, not to be aggressive and fight in the turns, not to hit back when bumped shoved punted off track, stuff like that.
Being self-conscious about your racing may never go away, just means you're a decent human being. I've done nearly 500 races in GT Sport and only have about 15 wins and an A DR (just barely @ 34k but still counts...). I could have a ton more wins if I felt like being super aggressive or shoving people off track, but I care about what my fellow racers think of me and I can tell you it goes a long way. When you get comfortable at your level you will see the same racers over and over again and you should care about what they think. If you repsect them and they repsect you it will be a lot better racing and you most likely won't get intentionally punted often. It's a give and take when you group with the same guys over and over again - if I dont have the pace I'll give up a spot to someone coming up fast, and believe it or not, they will do the same for you at times if they just don't have it for some reason.

With that said, to move up you will have to be aggressive when it suits you and can be done safely and within reason. You can't always just sit back, especially when you get openings or the guy in front is just not pushing hard enough. Likewise, if someone intentionally punts you and you catch them, return the favor so they know you're not an easy target. It is extremely rare that I will do it since I generally give racers the benefit of the doubt and always think "maybe they just missed their braking point", but if it happens again they're gone. Overall, you are 100% right to be a conscious racer, but dont be an easy target and if you have the pace by all means be aggressive by making hard, clean passes and pull away.

Well it won't be a 20mil car, not everyone has one...

This is an observational thought,
do you realize how intimidating it can be coming into this at such a late time I started GT Sport at the beginning of the year I dipped my toes into online racing 3 months ago I've accumulated 8 wins across two accounts and I am very proud of myself while I see veterans too many to name here but I respect very much with hundreds of wins and a plus ratings.
I look up to you guys for track pointers and improvements and I'm doing the best but I still feel so far behind.
I want to thank one and all for the help I've received.
I'm not giving up but I'm still racing along thank you for listening to me.
Don't feel bad for asking questions or feeling like a newbie. I only picked up the game in March. Closing on 300 races and have managed 42 wins and a low A rating. Still got plenty of learning to do on tracks that were not in previous GTs.

Last edited:
I haven't hit it before. That 22K area is just a solid DR B. Maybe one day I'll get excited about one of the dailies enough to go ham on it. :lol:

Meanwhile, We have some familiar names on the IOTW video. Congrats to @Trone_Colby & @Redneckchef for their entries & HighStakes123 (forgot your name here) making a cameo in the top video.

@ShiftingGears and I could have probably filled a whole video ourselves with that clown in my clip. He was doing that all week. And getting roughly the same result every time too. I just didn't save enough of the replays

Went for a few runs on Daily Race A, and this perfectly summarizes my short experience there:

20210718202733.jpg

Last edited:
Huh, I came to ask about a penalty and got my question answered about SR drop.

Since I noticed that I was racing both A and D DR players in my last race, but then I swore I didn't get a penalty (other than track limit) in the race before. I did have a pretty opportunistic send down turn 1 Monza which i overshot a bit, but nothing like very egregious to drop from 99 to 82 SR in one race, nor was I penalized in race. So I might had forced someone off, but surely I would noticed since like that tends to be a pretty deliberate action. But people are saying they are seeing "red" SR, whereas I am still getting "blue" at the end of the race.

Maybe I had a complete mind blank and absolutely punted a guy off a corner and failed to remember the incident, the penalty or the drop in SR at the end.
You can determine exactly how much SR that you gained or lost in each race. Go to this link...

At the end of the day its a game. Who cares if you make someones lowlights video? They'll get over it.

What matters is whether your driving meets your own standards

Had a nice race with a last corner win to round out the week. Hard racing but nothing hostile. PD needs one or two more ovals. SSRX is poo and Northern Isle is smaller than Bristol, they just need a 1.5mile cookie cutter and a superspeedway

Last edited:
So this week looked OK for a change si I tried them out.
Race A: No collision pens makes for good race As IMO, but the 1.5 sec for barely touching a wall and yet wall riding at other points being OK makes the race a bit of a farce. Remove all pens from race A, no DR/SR just a fun race would be great.
Race B: Fairly decent, nothing special and the fact that punting is a valid overtaking option makes this race a bit of a gamble. Had a fairly clean good race, but feel this could go either way and dirty players will love it.
Race C: Boy is that car dodgy, far too tail happy and that just shreds the tyres making it even worse. Had a race with idiots, nothing really malicious (I think) just people not paying attention and the slightest touch spinning you (well me anyway) out makes for a dangerous race. Think with a bit of practice it might be an OK race, but can't see there being much good racing.

Yet another week with nothing that truly grabs me, might try and learn how to handle a Red Bull or might just practice DTS for FIA.

So this week looked OK for a change si I tried them out.
Race A: No collision pens makes for good race As IMO, but the 1.5 sec for barely touching a wall and yet wall riding at other points being OK makes the race a bit of a farce. Remove all pens from race A, no DR/SR just a fun race would be great.
Race B: Fairly decent, nothing special and the fact that punting is a valid overtaking option makes this race a bit of a gamble. Had a fairly clean good race, but feel this could go either way and dirty players will love it.
Race C: Boy is that car dodgy, far too tail happy and that just shreds the tyres making it even worse. Had a race with idiots, nothing really malicious (I think) just people not paying attention and the slightest touch spinning you (well me anyway) out makes for a dangerous race. Think with a bit of practice it might be an OK race, but can't see there being much good racing.

Yet another week with nothing that truly grabs me, might try and learn how to handle a Red Bull or might just practice DTS for FIA.

For Race C you have to push BB forward and you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT power out until straight. If you can keep it balanced it’s very stable. I had a guy trying to spin me for 3 full laps and the worst I got were some minor overshoots from his punts.

Once everyone gets a handle on the car I think it will be ok. In the meantime, free DR if you can keep it on track.

Back