I, Robot

  • Thread starter Thread starter 87chevy
  • 38 comments
  • 1,672 views
Messages
1,271
Just saw it this past Friday. GOOD movie! Really enjoyable. not an oscar winner or anything but a very fun and exciting movie. The plot is good. The movie is not just mindless action seens. There is a nice twist at the end. Will Smith is great in his role. The movie is loosely based on a book, but i didn't read the book so I can't compare the two. It's a scarey concept because, to me, it could happen. But it's a good movie, go see it.
 
The book was fantastic. I hope the film can live up to it bu they never do.
The book also had a fact that robots could never turn on humans. What happens in the film?......
 
Thanks 87chevy,

I was quite suprised when this one popped up as I had no idea this was being made. Glad you liked it, and I must say that being an avid Asimov fan I'm looking forward to seeing this one a lot.

Bicentennial Man (Williams) was the other Asimov inspired film, and that one was a good one too (despite it being a family oriented flick).

I wonder if some movie guru will ever make a movie from the Asimov Foundation series?

Cheers!
 
I really like the trailers for this and am definately going to see it.

PLEASE PLEASE - No-one post the "twist" that 87chevy mentioned !!!
 
It would be fantastic if they turned the Foundation trilogy into a film. Infact, it would be mind blowing.
 
The trailers make it look like a cross between: Bicentennial Man, Terminator and.... well any Will Smith film, is this so?

- please tell me its better than 'Minority Report'
 
BigJamesGTI
quest que c'est Foundation Trilogy ??


Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second foundation by Asimov. Very difficult to explain what they are about. Read them, they are very good.
 
hmmm the movie was ok. kinda bit predictable, but its another robot gone wild movie.
 
DQuaN
Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second foundation by Asimov. Very difficult to explain what they are about. Read them, they are very good.

Indeed, and not forgetting the additions to the original trilogy...
Prelude To Foundation, Forward The Foundation, [the original series], Foundatoins Edge and finally Foundation and Earth.

It would indeed be great to see a movie based on these quite superb writings. I must find time to read them again.
 
Ok, let me warn you guys again, this movie is LOOSELY based on the book. I have not read the book, but apparently the book is actually several short stories? well, i think it would be better then to say this movie is inspired by Asimov's book. Like i said, it's not going to win any oscars... But it is a very fun movie, IMHO, and if you like action and/or Will Smith, then you'll like this flick.

Oh, the twist at the end, may be a little predictable, but there is a twist in the middle, that is pretty good too. Probably more of a twist than the ending. It's a fun movie. I reccomend it.

oh, watch the Ani-matrix right before you go see this too.
 
Well he wasnt too pleased !!

I still want to see it though, I dont think I have opinions as strong as the person that wrote the review !!
 
Famine

Thanks for that Famine... puts a warped (and humourous) slant on this one.

To be honest I woudn't give much credit to Maddox, considering the content of his site. Most of his comments I would take with a pinch of salt. At the end of the day everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but Maddox is just an accident looking for a brick-wall.

Regardless of his comments, or even my opinion of him, I am looking forward to seeing this one.
 
Good for a laugh though. :D

I quite like the bit about the things the film has in common with the book... :lol:
 
I saw this today on DVD, it's entertaining and enjoyable. Not much more, worth a watch though.
 
SAw it and loved it go see in the test forum :lol: a little stupid thing I did.
 
will smith deserves to be shot for this
as a fan of the book, this movie not only sucked, it went out of its way to suck just a bit more
it reached the limit of product placement, a title previously held by swat
i have absolutely no respect for will smith, who ruined a classic book in a failed attempt to bring his carrer back
 
Terrible Tigers
I wonder if some movie guru will ever make a movie from the Asimov Foundation series?

I've always imagined that it would be a tough movie to make; a single book from the "inital" trillogy would span over 200 years, and that's hard to keep an audience when the cast is completely different from chapter to chapter. Still, I'd like to see a true representation of the books, even if a bunch of no-name actors/actresses give it a shot.

Unfortunately, with what's been done to I, Robot...I'm in no rush to see anybody hack up Foundation...seeing Hari Seldon or Daneel Olivaw on a McDonald's bag or burger container would probably disgust me.
 
it looked so lame i mean all action movies now days look so lame except for like war ones, they're all futeristic and stuff
 
I might go and see it.

Only because it's Summer hol's and there's nothing else to do. 👍

Apparently, in the shower scene, Smith had to tape his tail to his leg and even then they had to edit "it" out. :scared:
 
I want to see it, maybe next time time I go to my dads.
 
Glad I'm not the only one lagging... Anyway, just saw it. I didn't think it was that great. I think Minority Report was better even though they aren't suppose to be compared. I was intriuged a bit untill I saw The Cars of iRobot

on another note... why is it that most movies depicking the future always have inferior weapons even though everything else in the future is modern? :dopey:
 
I though it was an average Hollywood Blockbuster, nothing more. I give it "C+". People who read the book probably would give it an "F" though.
 
I thought this was an EXCELLENT movie! Worth buying IMO! 👍 Lots of excellent great action, special effects, excellent plot too. 👍 👍
 
Back