I, Robot

  • Thread starter Thread starter 87chevy
  • 38 comments
  • 1,672 views
It was pretty good but it is no record breaking movie. I enjoyed it pretty well and would give it a B -, it's not that great.

Will Smith is awesome though!
 
it really depends on what kind of movie viewer you are. if you are like me (likes Dumb and Dumberer, and action movies) you'll love it. but if you are like one of those people that watch Farenheit 911 or dramatic stuff, you probably wont.
 
I'd say the breaker is where you have read Asimovs Robot novels or not.

I read Asimovs novels, books or whatever more than twice and the picture maddox have with WS peeing on Isaacs tombstone is pretty much how I feel after watching I, robot.

I wish I haven't been this familiar with Asimovs stories, then I would have given this movie a 4/5
 
Well since I never read novels, and I have not read any stories involving robots or any sort, then I am safe to say this movie is pretty good. I know it's not like the book and I have heard the book was WAY better but I like it.
 
The book isn't really better...it's just a whole 'nother story all together. Worth reading just don't ty to compare the two.

By the way, I love the movie. Especially the highway scene. That Audi was sweet. 👍
 
wow, NECRO!!! lol i'm honored that one of my threads is still kicking lol

well, i see me and Camaro see eye to eye again.

See i'm one of those people that watches most movies for entertainment, not to analyze it for an oscar nomination or it's historical/factual value. now if the movie does actually claim to reinact, or tell the "true" story of something, then i will be more critical when watching it.

i saw Jurassic Park before read the book, Awesome flick, then i read the book and was like "whoa, the book is WAY better, and they totally changed the ending!" but i would still watch Jurassic Park and enjoy it. the third one was actually pretty good too lol
 
87chevy
wow, NECRO!!! lol i'm honored that one of my threads is still kicking lol

well, i see me and Camaro see eye to eye again.

See i'm one of those people that watches most movies for entertainment, not to analyze it for an oscar nomination or it's historical/factual value. now if the movie does actually claim to reinact, or tell the "true" story of something, then i will be more critical when watching it.

i saw Jurassic Park before read the book, Awesome flick, then i read the book and was like "whoa, the book is WAY better, and they totally changed the ending!" but i would still watch Jurassic Park and enjoy it. the third one was actually pretty good too lol

I saw on fox news today - they recently recovered soft tissue from a t-rex...now they are going to test it to see if they can get the DNA. We're not that far off from actually having a jurasic park.
 
See i'm one of those people that watches most movies for entertainment

Well then why did you like this movie? It was pathetic in terms of entertainment.

The mindless technobabble that went nowhere.
The anti-technology, anti-human development bent everywhere you look.
The terrible plot twist that made the movie suck even harder than it sucked before.
The unrealistic technology and timeframe.

I didn't care for it really (could you tell?). It actually wasn't as bad as I made it sound, but it was definitely not "good".
 
danoff
Well then why did you like this movie? It was pathetic in terms of entertainment.

The mindless technobabble that went nowhere.
The anti-technology, anti-human development bent everywhere you look.
The terrible plot twist that made the movie suck even harder than it sucked before.
The unrealistic technology and timeframe.

I didn't care for it really (could you tell?). It actually wasn't as bad as I made it sound, but it was definitely not "good".


may i ask what movies you do enjoy? this is what i'm talking about, apparently you can't be "entertained" unless everything can be logically explained, and .....well, you must not enjoy a lot of movies
 
Back