I run out of gas!

• Thread starter Sokis
  • 18 comments
Greece
Greece
I've been trying the 24-minute of Le Mans race for a while and I managed to win it with 20 cars.But I have a kind of problem.
I can only go 2 laps before pit-stop (I go in on the end of the second) with most of the cars! In fact, the only cars that can last 1 extra lap are 2 or 3.
Am I doing something wrong?
Btw, I set the max speed on every car, whatever that is :-P

I've been trying the 24-minute of Le Mans race for a while and I managed to win it with 20 cars.But I have a kind of problem.
I can only go 2 laps before pit-stop (I go in on the end of the second) with most of the cars! In fact, the only cars that can last 1 extra lap are 2 or 3.
Am I doing something wrong?
Btw, I set the max speed on every car, whatever that is :-P
That is what supposed to happen. It adds a challenge to the event without having to make the player drive for hours. :)

Yes, but I see some comments in here that say almost every car can make 3 laps and then go in! Thanks!
Honsetly there's really no wrong way. Some people just tune their cars to get a bit more gas out of their cars and some use certain tire and driving combos to the most out of their cars

Depending on what car you use, you can sometimes squeeze in 3 laps, but you'll be running on fumes. If you prefer feul efficiency over tire wear, stay away from the Group C cars (Sauber, R92CP, etc.) because they have monstrous power and wheelspin. My favorite for this particular event is the LM55 because it handles near perfect, dry or rain.

Depending on what car you use, you can sometimes squeeze in 3 laps, but you'll be running on fumes. If you prefer feul efficiency over tire wear, stay away from the Group C cars (Sauber, R92CP, etc.) because they have monstrous power and wheelspin. My favorite for this particular event is the LM55 because it handles near perfect, dry or rain.
I can hardly do 2 stops with peugeot 908, but I can win with 3 as well (haven't tried lm55, but I'll give it a try ;-) )

You have to state what car? Some can do 3 laps without stops... ie. hybrids and some like the superlights or the Nissan Greaves motorsport thing.

If you drive the Sauber C9 or 787B or some gas guzzler then yeah, you need to pit.

Might also depend abit on your driving too. Now I can only speak for myself, but I have noticed that I've gotten way better at saving fuel when using my wheel as opposed to when I used the controller.

You have to state what car? Some can do 3 laps without stops... ie. hybrids and some like the superlights or the Nissan Greaves motorsport thing.

If you drive the Sauber C9 or 787B or some gas guzzler then yeah, you need to pit.
I used almost all competitive cars, and only 2 or 3 go with 3 stops!

Might also depend abit on your driving too. Now I can only speak for myself, but I have noticed that I've gotten way better at saving fuel when using my wheel as opposed to when I used the controller.
I use ds3... Yeah, about driving, truth is I never try to save any fuel, meaning that I go full speed all time :-P

Use the DeltaWing, it saves way more gas and tires than normal Le Mans prototypes.

No need to go to the extreme of using a "cheating" car such as the LCC Rocket. I say cheating car because the fuel consumption and tire wear are extremely low and its not a car allowed in Le Mans IRL anyway.

Use the DeltaWing, it saves way more gas and tires than normal Le Mans prototypes.

No need to go to the extreme of using a "cheating" car such as the LCC Rocket. I say cheating car because the fuel consumption and tire wear are extremely low and its not a car allowed in Le Mans IRL anyway.
With the atrociously terrible stability as a price.

The Mazda VGT can get 3 laps, with 2-3 liters left when you hit pit lane.

Back