• Thread starter Dotini
  • 68 comments

Dotini

(Banned)
United States
Seattle
CR80_Shifty
Light Car Company Rocket '07

The purpose of this setup is to win the 24 Minutes of Le Mans in the easiest way possible.

I started with a well-used Rocket equipped with all available tuning components, then did an engine rebuild, rigidity refresh, oil change and car wash. I had practiced against lineup #1, but it didn't work for me, so I selected the 2nd lineup after console reset. This works better, as the cars are spaced such that you can pick up two or three spots and almost stay up with the pack, using the draft for the first lap.

I finished the first lap in 13th, which quickly became 5th as most of the others pitted at the end of the first lap.
Lap 2, I passed an R390GT1 which hadn't pitted.
Lap 3, Continued in rain and darkness.
Lap 4, Picked up first as the R8 and Minolta pitted end of lap 3. The track dried out.
Lap 5, Best lap, 3:43.131. I'm way ahead.
Lap 6, I pit for 16 liters and fresh Racing Softs. My closest pursuer pits for a full load of fuel and Racing Hards.
Lap 7, safe drive to Victory.

MoV: 36+ seconds over R8 <---This is an easy win!
Total time: 27:07:690
Best Lap: 3:43.131

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Ride Height: 95/95
Springs: 3.75/ 5.40
Compression 4/4
Extension: 4/4
ARBs: 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/0.45
Brake: 5/4
Transmission Auto-set: 211 mph
LSD 8-13-25
Ballast: 30@0% (Carried ballast by accident, not needed)
*Optional: NOS @ 30% - used in low gears coming off slow corners 4x per lap.
*Optional: Active Steering Off, ASM Off, TCS 3, SRF On

Edit: See Post #26 for a discussion of starting lineups.

Last edited:

The purpose of this setup is to win the 24 Minutes of Le Mans in the easiest way possible.

I started with a well-used Rocket equipped with all available tuning components, then did an engine rebuild, rigidity refresh, oil change and car wash. I had practiced against lineup #1, but it didn't work for me, so I selected the 2nd lineup after console reset. This works better, as the cars are spaced such that you can pick up two or three spots and almost stay up with the pack, using the draft for the first lap.

I finished the first lap in 13th, which quickly became 5th as most of the others pitted at the end of the first lap.
Lap 4, Picked up first as the R8 and Minolta pitted end of lap 3. The track dried out.
Lap 6, I pit for 16 liters and fresh Racing Softs. My closest pursuer pits for a full load of fuel and Racing Hards.

MoV: 36 seconds over R8

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Compression 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
LSD 8-13-25

I've been struggling to win this one, was overjoyed to see your post and thought I would give it a try.
I drive the wheels off that little car, never left the track once, just fell further and further behind - can't lap better than 4:15

What could I be doing wrong please mate ?

Well, I didn't attempt the subject race until I had about 350 total miles on the Rocket, and numerous wins against 650 PP opposition. So you should become very familiar with the Rocket before attempting the maximum challenge.

Also, I've had thousands of miles of practice at La Sarthe in GT4 and GT5. You need to know the whole circuit like your own bedroom.

Also, I failed to mention I had the driving line on; use it.

Now, double check to see that your setup is exactly like what I have posted, and that you are getting near to 211 mph.

Finally, after each attempt, review the replay to see what you did wrong and how you could do better next time. And don't drive the wheels off. Make sure you use lineup #2, pass the Jag and Ford and the other thing on lap 1, otherwise start over.

Hint: Use the NOS heavily on lap one to get into the draft.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't attempt the subject race until I had about 350 total miles on the Rocket, and numerous wins against 650 PP opposition. So you should become very familiar with the Rocket before attempting the maximum challenge.

Also, I've had thousands of miles of practice at La Sarthe in GT4 and GT5. You need to know the whole circuit like your own bedroom.

Also, I failed to mention I had the driving line on; use it.

Now, double check to see that your setup is exactly like what I have posted, and that you are getting near to 211 mph.

Finally, after each attempt, review the replay to see what you did wrong and how you could do better next time. And don't drive the wheels off. Make sure you use lineup #2, pass the Jag and Ford and the other thing on lap 1, otherwise start over.

Understood thanks very much.
I didn't add very much info to my previous post, my apologies.
Just to be clear though :
1. Setup is as you mentioned except that I had not set max speed to 340 kph, probably quite important:))
2. I have PP of 653 exactly, having washed oiled and rebuilt after mods.
2. My driving line is on, I think I do a pretty good job of sticking to it
3. I have also done hundreds of laps on the circuit through GT3/4/5
4. I will check the lineup as you mentioned : I think my closest opposition cars were a Jag, a R18 TDi Audi and CLK Merc '98 - no sign of the FORD.

I would love to ask though : On average how many times do the other cars pit ? based on what I can see, I doubt any of them pit more than once if I look at my time behind the leader. How I can I check to get a feel for their pitting activities ?

Really appreciate your help on this, I'm gonna stick with it until I get it right :)

I would love to ask though : On average how many times do the other cars pit ? based on what I can see, I doubt any of them pit more than once if I look at my time behind the leader. How I can I check to get a feel for their pitting activities ?

Really appreciate your help on this, I'm gonna stick with it until I get it right :)

They all pit twice, near as I can tell.

I you do replay, you can watch each of the other cars as they drive around, pit, and all that.

Edit: the lineup I raced had Toyota 7 and Minolta at the front, and an old Jag and old Ford at the back.

Last edited:
i just won the rocket last night. i am enjoying it very much. stock is great, though it could use a 6th gear.
can't wait to try this set up out once i get to that point in the game.

Audi R8 LMP '01 with turbo is a very easy win.
Other than turbo, and brake bias tweak for 0 ABS...
...no other tuning done. RS tires the whole way.

Tip: If you don't do well in the dark...
...follow P1 or P2 for extra illumination.
When the sun comes up and rain recedes step on it.

I used a T500 wheel with no driving aids/0 ABS.

MoV: 36 seconds over R8

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Compression 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
LSD 8-13-25

Im curious, how many attempts have you done with this same car?

I won this race in the Deltawing, RH tyres on the front, RS on the rear and you don't need to pit once all race :)

I lapped everything in 3:47 to 3:50 - Don't even come close to winning, best position is 5th, don't have time to pit.

I'd like to try the Deltawing, though I don't see it in the Nissan Dealership. Do I have to win this car somehwere or can I buy it ?

Appreciate help.

I lapped everything in 3:47 to 3:50 - Don't even come close to winning, best position is 5th, don't have time to pit.

I'd like to try the Deltawing, though I don't see it in the Nissan Dealership. Do I have to win this car somehwere or can I buy it ?

Appreciate help.

It's in the Deltawing dealership (in the American section) :)

Attachments

• american dealerships.JPG
    american dealerships.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 67
Im curious, how many attempts have you done with this same car?

Attempts at the 24 Minutes of Le Mans?
I tried lineup #1 a few times - maybe 3 or 4 - but encountered tuning problems, spins, and running out of gas on the last lap. I then took the Rocket for pit service at GT Auto, and after some retuning, won at my first attempt.

My win with the Rocket prize car I think proves that micro transactions, credit glitches and LMP cars are not currently needed to play GT6.

I've only got up to the Internat B races and find the difficulty very easy.

My question: Is the 24-minute Le Mans race actually difficult? Do you have to use max pp allowed?

I've only got up to the Internat B races and find the difficulty very easy.

My question: Is the 24-minute Le Mans race actually difficult? Do you have to use max pp allowed?

It's a bit tricky, mostly in timing out your pit stops just right. For instance, I found out that the Sauber C9 will go 2.95 laps on a tank of fuel. So close... Ran out just before the straight that has the pit entrance. Cost me a few precious seconds, and I ended up second by 2 seconds in the race. :)

You don't have to use the full 750pp.

I won it pretty easily with the Formula GT. Be warned, though - it's a real sonuvab**ch at night (no lights!).
Ha ha thats gold mate!! I have got to try that - the Formula GT in the dark - can't wait! Thanks. :)👍

Attempts at the 24 Minutes of Le Mans?
I tried lineup #1 a few times - maybe 3 or 4 - but encountered tuning problems, spins, and running out of gas on the last lap. I then took the Rocket for pit service at GT Auto, and after some retuning, won at my first attempt.

My win with the Rocket prize car I think proves that micro transactions, credit glitches and LMP cars are not currently needed to play GT6.

The reason I asked this,is because your thread says easy win with Rocket, but sometimes with same car when entering an event, it has different opponents,which can be much harder. Try considering that before you write down it's an easy win. All I mean is, it's nice to make a thread like this, but it also needs some testing, cause in this game things can differ ;)

Ha ha thats gold mate!! I have got to try that - the Formula GT in the dark - can't wait! Thanks. :)👍

It reminds me of this:

http://www.sub5zero.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2012/02/_44198444_nightdriver203.jpg

I won the Spa 24-minute event with the FGT as well, but wouldn't do it again. Just too damn easy to lose your way in the dark. I spun off the course in one of the esses, and it took me about 20 seconds to even find the course again! Still won by a minute and a half, though, so it's definitely something to consider if you just want to chalk that win.

The reason I asked this,is because your thread says easy win with Rocket, but sometimes with same car when entering an event, it has different opponents,which can be much harder. Try considering that before you write down it's an easy win. All I mean is, it's nice to make a thread like this, but italso needs some testing, cause in this game things can differ ;)

Yes, you are right. Lineups can make a difference in the ease or difficulty of a particular race.

The lineup I raced against was the 2nd after console reset, as described in the OP. The field was headed by a Toyota 7 and a Minolta Toyota. The 14th and 15th placed cars were a Ford Mk IV and a Jaguar XJ13, the Audi R8 Race Car '01 starting 7th.

However, since then I have reset my console a number of times and checked the lineups for the 24 Minutes of Le Mans. I discovered that the lineups varied somewhat from one reset to another. A Toyota 7 and Minolta Toyota will almost always be found at the front, but sometimes Sauber or Pescarolo is among the front two. The remainder of the grid will be scrambled amongst all the available LMP and race cars. On one check I made going out to the first 20 lineups after reset, I found that the Ford Mk IV and Jag XJ13 were found in 14th and 15th no less than 5 times. It is these lineups with weak cars at the back that I think is most vulnerable to the Rocket, as they can be caught and their draft used for the vital first lap, even enabling the 13th placed car, in my case the Nissan R390, to be passed.

To my knowledge, ALL the AI cars will pit twice, so any lineup should theoretically be vulnerable to any quick car which pits only once or not at all.

Of all the cars I've tried in this event, my favorite has been the Peugeot 908 HDi. It's blisteringly fast, pinging off its rev limiter at 261mph in a draft more than a few times, yet it still handles amazingly well *AND* it's able to lay its power down in a meaningful way. I tried the Toyota-Minolta, and while amazingly powerful, it spends basically all of third gear and most of fourth spinning its tires and overwhelming the TCS, even if I set it at 5 (at which point it really doesn't want to accelerate out of the corners at all until you get it pointed straight ahead). The Nissan R92 suffers from much the same malady. The Peugeot, even at TCS=2, just lays down the power. There's chirps of wheelspin, but it's just riding a wave of blinding acceleration anyway.

With two stops, or even with three, it's still a winner. As with the Sauber C9, though, it *WILL NOT* make a full three laps on a tank of fuel. It will come close, but it's going to run out unless you spend two of those three laps really coasting it and trying not to go over about 165mph... Better for me to run two laps full-on and flat-out, then refuel and put on some fresh rubber.

MoV: 36+ seconds over R8 <---This is an easy win!

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Compression 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
LSD 8-13-25

Edit: See Post #26 for a discussion of starting lineups.

Thank you so much, only race I have struggled with and just won it thanks to your post, Merry Xmas!! :cheers:

Of all the cars I've tried in this event, my favorite has been the Peugeot 908 HDi.

That's interesting analysis of several LMP cars, Kwicko.
Have you tried any of the Pescarolos? In GT4 and GT5, I was able to make good use of the Pescarolo-Judd.

That's interesting analysis of several LMP cars, Kwicko.
Have you tried any of the Pescarolos? In GT4 and GT5, I was able to make good use of the Pescarolo-Judd.

Not yet. I tried the Audi R18, but ran out of fuel. :(

And an update - I *did* get the 908 around 3 full laps on one fill-up, but it was pretty touch-n-go on the third lap, with a lot of coasting and puttering around at 140mph or so. Still won with a comfortable margin, so can be done on two stops.

I then re-ran it with three stops, short-filling the fuel a bit (65 liters, 70 liters, then 35 liters), and won by a very comfortable 1 minute and two second gap over second place.

Back