I think GT7 will have the SAME graphics as GT Sport. Not a bad thing.

• Thread starter enthusia
  • 63 comments
After playing Spider Man Remaster on PS5... I think that Ray Tracing alone will give the GT Sport's huge graphic boost. Some effect are just insane.

Not to mention better reflections, drawing distance, shadows, details, interiors, sounds, physics, AI, dynamic time and day night cyclus, 4k resolution and 60fps will make it way better than GT Sport, not a gap like PS2 to PS3 but still a nice gap

I'm ok with it too.

I would rather they keep the same level of gfx BUT...

PS4 classic = fhd60

PS5 = 4k60 OR fhd120

PS4 Pro? I dont know, I dont care.

Sony should be doing something with 2k, ie. 1,440p but alas, they dont care as 2k doesnt seem to be a priority for their TVs???

I would expect that Sony has some marketing GFX improvements for PS5 only as a selling point? DLSS, ray tracing or whatever stuff that I dont care about.

I'm ok with it too.

PS4 classic = fhd60

PS5 = 4k60 OR fhd120

Sony should be doing something with 2k, ie. 1,440p but alas, they dont care as 2k doesnt seem to be a priority for their TVs???

I would expect that Sony has some marketing GFX improvements for PS5 only as a selling point? DLSS, ray tracing or whatever stuff that I dont care about.
1440p native TVs are not a thing from any manufacturer, it's pretty much exclusively a PC monitor res, so it makes little sense for Sony to do anything for that small percentage who play consoles with monitors.

Also just FYI, 1440p is not 2K. 2K is 2048 × 1080, just a little above 1080p. There is no K definition for 1440p as it would be 1.4K. Not very catchy. :P

one year after outsdaning looking forza horizon 5, gt sport graphics with higher res and some rt will look old

snc
one year after outsdaning looking forza horizon 5, gt sport graphics with higher res and some rt will look old
It's really the environments PD needs to iron out, the car models are tapped out.

Edit: Heck GT5's car models are still very beautiful.

Last edited:
It's really the environments PD needs to iron out, the car models are tapped out.

Edit: Heck GT5's car models are still very beautiful.
yes but its rather big job and I'm not convinced it will be major upgrade in this department

snc
yes but its rather big job and I'm not convinced it will be major upgrade in this department

GT7 trailer trailer environment are already better than on Sport, so I hope they will stay as they were in trailer or even get better especially trees and environment, more detailed than gt sport

GT7 trailer trailer environment are already better than on Sport, so I hope they will stay as they were in trailer or even get better especially trees and environment, more detailed than gt sport
They have had time to work on it since the announcement trailer, so I think they would have improved the environment by the next time we see the game. As GT Sport did improve graphically between trailers

I'm ok with it too.

PS4 classic = fhd60

PS5 = 4k60 OR fhd120

PS4 Pro runs around 1800P @ 60fps upscaled to 4K.

snc
Still need to see more from them but from what FH showed in the audio update, they still have work on their car materials. Plus if they havent updated their older car models that look funky like the Supra they'll be looking old. Which makes me hope FM will have all new models.
But PD have always brought something interesting with their rendering tech. I have no doubt GT7 will look impressive.

Yes, GT7's graphics is a minor evolution to GT Sports engine. Though, the PS5 ver will have the bells and whistles of a next-gen title the whole game was meant to be a PS4 game. Guess GT8 will be built from the ground-up, unless Polyphony Digital upgrades the existing GT7 graphics engine.

Yes, GT7's graphics is a minor evolution to GT Sports engine. Though, the PS5 ver will have the bells and whistles of a next-gen title the whole game was meant to be a PS4 game. Guess GT8 will be built from the ground-up, unless Polyphony Digital upgrades the existing GT7 graphics engine.
GT8 could also come for PS5. Maybe late 2027 as late PS5 game using the full power of the system and even more upgraded graphics and physics... who knows 😂 😂

GT8 could also come for PS5. Maybe late 2027 as late PS5 game using the full power of the system and even more upgraded graphics and physics... who knows 😂 😂
Don't underestimate their decade-long development cycles. It could lead to delays that might last centuries. 😆

Last edited:
Don't underestimate their decade-long development cycle. It could lead to delays that might last centuries. 😆
Well, but if covid will be gone since then (which probably will) their development would be speeded up so if they not develop other games in the meantime GT8 could make it in 4-6 years after GT7, which could translate in a 2027 or 2028 release, still pretty much in time for a cross gen PS5/PS6 release

I'd prefer they spent more of the PS5's capabilities on physics and gameplay enhancement than gfx.

I'd even rank sound effects higher that more gfx.

I'd prefer they spent more of the PS5's capabilities on physics and gameplay enhancement than gfx.

I'd even rank sound effects higher that more gfx.
We only seen some footage so we don't know actually where the improvements stand physics wise, audio wise I expect a slight improvement but nothing revolutionary, same for the physics (if they improve brake and tyre model simulation it's already a good thing.) I don't expect wonders but there's a possibility for nice improvements over all.

Closest setting I could find in Sport
sport1lkuo.jpg

gt7w3kft.jpg

Last edited:
While the PS5 is a major jump over the PS4 Pro... native 4K/60 or even 2.5K with upscalling takes a lot of GPU horsepower. The PS4 Pro barely ran any games in native 4K/60fps without upscaling. In addition, games like GT have to deal with more complexity than your average coridoor shooter/action adventure game (common reference point for people since those are the most popular genres). GT Sport did not run well or look all that good at 4K. If GT7 runs at native 4K (60fps), even with roughly the same base graphics engine and assets as GT Sport... it will look pretty darn good.

Also, racing games/sims are common on PC these days. They should not be a comparison to GT (FM7 on PC when that comes). It's not possible for GT7 on the PS5 to match the visual fidelity of a PC game running on a modern GPU that costs more than the PS5 alone. The "to the metal" advantage consoles have, has reduced drastically over the years. Especially now with really good upscaling on PC GPUs (Nvidia's DLSS and AMDs FSR).

I understand people associate GT with "the best graphics"... but I think we are reaching the end of that road.

Last edited:
I understand people associate GT with "the best graphics"... but I think we are reaching the end of that road.
Indeed, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. There's a point where it costs tons of more money for less obvious upgrades in graphics. Personally, when it comes to processing power, I'm at the point where I care more about stuff related to gameplay, like grid sizes or dynamic weather/time of day.

While the PS5 is a major jump over the PS4 Pro... native 4K/60 or even 2.5K with upscalling takes a lot of GPU horsepower. The PS4 Pro barely ran any games in native 4K/60fps without upscaling. In addition, games like GT have to deal with more complexity than your average coridoor shooter/action adventure game (common reference point for people since those are the most popular genres). GT Sport did not run well or look all that good at 4K. If GT7 runs at native 4K (60fps), even with roughly the same base graphics engine and assets as GT Sport... it will look pretty darn good.

Also, racing games/sims are common on PC these days. They should not be a comparison to GT (FM7 on PC when that comes). It's not possible for GT7 on the PS5 to match the visual fidelity of a PC game running on a modern GPU that costs more than the PS5 alone. The "to the metal" advantage consoles have, has reduced drastically over the years. Especially now with really good upscaling on PC GPUs (Nvidia's DLSS and AMDs FSR).

There is no need to waste of resources for 4k, dynamic res or cb would be enough, and even some crossgens like horizon 2 or fh5 showed we can still get graphics improvement over lastgen titles

Back