I went to a scape photo location in real life

  • Thread starter Thread starter ClanFever
  • 21 comments
  • 3,365 views
Those graphics in that video are so realistic :sly:.

Nice to see something in real life :cheers:.

I wonder why we don't see more of these type of posts? We have car completists, paint completists, what we need is a GTPlanet "completist" thread where a member of the forum has to upload a photo or video (of their own - no cheating!) for every scape :D. Who's willing to take up the challenge?
 
Those graphics in that video are so realistic :sly:.

Nice to see something in real life :cheers:.

I wonder why we don't see more of these type of posts? We have car completists, paint completists, what we need is a GTPlanet "completist" thread where a member of the forum has to upload a photo or video (of their own - no cheating!) for every scape :D. Who's willing to take up the challenge?
You fund it I'm all in, funding must include cost of new car for each location.
 
That might be the same scape location I used a few weeks ago. Not sure. Camera is zoomed in too much.
In the game, New Zealand has a lot of nice photo locations. 👍
4828443749395759636_0.jpg


Based on the shadows, it appears to be the same time of day too.
 
That might be the same scape location I used a few weeks ago. Not sure. Camera is zoomed in too much.
In the game, New Zealand has a lot of nice photo locations. 👍
4828443749395759636_0.jpg


Based on the shadows, it appears to be the same time of day too.

Yeap it definitely is! Nice livery

I also did, and sneaked it into a car review here.

Missing link?
 
My old hometown where I was born and grew up in is featured in Scapes, albeit only one shot of it. Without going into specifics, it's a Southern Californian desert city known for its historic railroads. I lived there until 2008 where I moved to where I live now.

It sort of brought me to tears seeing that shot of that bridge, 'cause we used to drive across it all the time to visit a friend.
 
I've been to some of the Japanese locations from older Gran Turismo games and in GT Sport I've been to the bigger places like Shinjuku and Shiodome. I've also been to lots of the Cambridge locations, I even took a photo of my wife at one of them but edited her out (see below). I might do a tour of them next weekend for fun.

42116320315_326382e735_h.jpg


42968209772_db5ec152f9_h.jpg



Here's a photo I took in Gion that is similar to a GT5 spot (in GT5 the camera was limited to an area just in front of where those people in the background are stood)

Doz1k0U.jpg
 
Missing link?
I just dropped it casually into a review and wondered if anyone would pick up on it. One person on Twitter, incredibly, did.

For now I'm just going to let it sit there, unannounced. There... may be something for it to do later.

I've also been to lots of the Cambridge locations, I even took a photo of my wife at one of them but edited her out (see below). I might do a tour of them next weekend for fun.
Would you like to know how impossible it is to drive to almost all of the Cambridge locations? It's "very"... as I found out.
 
Would you like to know how impossible it is to drive to almost all of the Cambridge locations? It's "very"... as I found out.

Yep, I can think of a few off the top of my head that I wouldn't go near in a car.

This photo was taken on some steps that are visible in one of the Scapes locations:

 
As I posted in the Scapes photos thread, I too was in Venice recently and matched some of the angles as closely as I could recall them. It is one of those unique Gran Turismo features that takes it beyond being just a video game.
 
I’ve been to a number of the scapes shot locations near LA and Newport Beach, though never went out of my way to recreate the angles. I may try when I get to visit my father again.
 
You fund it I'm all in, funding must include cost of new car for each location.
Seems the likes are in now let's get the fundings going!
 
Just got back from Hawaii. :cool:

Did not get to Mauna Loa where the Observatory is due to ongoing protests. But did get to Volcano National Park which is one of the Hawaii scapes. I don't think you want to take a sports car there. :lol:

Picture of south side of Kilauea, Chain of Craters Rd. with lot full of rental jeeps. I only took maybe 20 pictures total for the whole trip so when I took these my friends were asking me what I was doing. :lol:
Volcano Nat2.jpg

Volcano Nat..jpg


6134474447142290956_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back