I wonder......

  • Thread starter Thread starter peteg9699
  • 34 comments
  • 1,847 views

peteg9699

Premium
Messages
82
United States
Old Bridge
Messages
peteg9699
How many people around these parts who complain non stop about the microtransactions took advantage of the $20 million glitches before they were patched? What's the difference?
 
How many people around these parts who complain non stop about the microtransactions took advantage of the $20 million glitches before they were patched? What's the difference?
Would you pay $50 for 20 million credits so that you can buy ONE car?
 
Would you pay $50 for 20 million credits so that you can buy ONE car?
aww-hell-naw-2-o.gif
 
It's still taking advantage of the in game enconomy to get an edge. Which is the biggest complaint I see.
 
It's still taking advantage of the in game enconomy to get an edge. Which is the biggest complaint I see.
Think I read somewhere earlier that even if complete all of the races in career mode and win them all, you'd have a grand total of 7 million credits. The game is structured to almost force people to purchase the credit packs. And that is lame.
 
How is it possible to patch a glitch that requires reverting to version 1.00 to perform? :confused:
 
How many people around these parts who complain non stop about the microtransactions took advantage of the $20 million glitches before they were patched? What's the difference?
At least in Gran Turismo, my main gripe with microtransactions is that you end up paying several times what you paid for the game if you want to get any high-end cars. Glitching doesn't bother me, as money doesn't actually give you a distinct advantage over other players online. This would be different if it were a different game, but I fully support the VGT glitch. If PD is going to break their game's economy to try to get people to buy their credit packs, I'm all for abusing it myself.
How is it possible to patch a glitch that requires reverting to version 1.00 to perform? :confused:
Exactly. The only "fix" I could see happening would be if PD raised the price of the VGT from 1,000,000 cr. to 20,000,000 cr. And even that could be worked around by rolling back to 1.01 to buy the VGT's first.
 
Last edited:
I used the glitch. I bought many cars that I liked in GT5, and did race suspension, race brakes, and RPF1s or TE37V in silver. I am not bothered by doing this. I still have to grind out the game to complete it all anyway. I stuck with the Fit for quite some time at the beginning before using the glitch. Fun little car.
 
Exactly. The only "fix" I could see happening would be if PD raised the price of the VGT from 1,000,000 cr. to 20,000,000 cr. And even that could be worked around by rolling back to 1.01 to buy the cars first.
Well said. In a way it's game-breaking, since you have instant access to a full wallet by doing the glitch of which we can't explain on GTPlanet. In another way it's also a way of giving the ole' one-finger-salute to PD for introducing microtransactions into the GT series. For players who are having money problems in real life, this glitch is highly beneficial since they have higher priorities like putting food on the table and paying insurance instead of paying for money to use in a virtual driving game.
 
I used the glitch. I bought many cars that I liked in GT5, and did race suspension, race brakes, and RPF1s or TE37V in silver. I am not bothered by doing this. I still have to grind out the game to complete it all anyway. I stuck with the Fit for quite some time at the beginning before using the glitch. Fun little car.

Would you buy or have you complained about microtransactions? That's the point of the thread.
 
Would you buy or have you complained about microtransactions? That's the point of the thread.

I did buy the $4.99 or $500,000 micro-transaction. Blew it on a GT-R and something else (forgot already). For me I just did because I could, not because I was required. Has it helped me in game currently no. With GT6 I do not see an issue with these. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
 
Last edited:
It seems that PD favour hackers and suckers. Their loyal fans can go eat some cake. I am sitting in a lobby right now, with X1s, M4 coupes, and 20m Ferarris flying around, and I am wonder what the point of it all is! :(
 
I did buy the $4.99 or $500,000 micro-transaction. Blew it on a GT-R and something else (forgot already). For me I just did because I could, not because I was required. Has it helped me in game currently no. With GT6 I do not see an issue with these. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

I'm with you. I have no problem with microtransactions. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some on message boards.
 
What's wrong with cake? :sly:

Cake, was a diplomatic way of describing an act of copulation, between two consenting males. :lol: 👍
 
I think it is funny how many people seem to be complaining about the payout in races. which considering how short they are is actually quite good. The game hasn't even been out for a week yet and some here seem convinced that the only way to get that car they want is to glitch or buy credits and that is simply not the case, while you could get it faster that way you can get them through the game and likely will not take all that long either.

There is a very good chance that we will see some seasonals popping up very soon with a larger payout, possibly even some of those hard to get cars as prizes and of course we will be getting B-Spec as well. I can see myself letting Bob run the 24 minutes of Nurburgring while I watch Tv and such $175k a pop and money will start to pile up once I have bought the initial cars I want.

I see no reason to complain about them offering credits for cash, if you are one who wants to spend money rather than racing then so be it. If you would rather race then that is an option and of course there are a glitch or two if you want to go that route. I have earned somewhere between 5 and 6 million so far and still have several high paying races yet to complete. There are a few that I will likely run over and over again tuning my cars and raking in around 40k at a shot.

Now of course if you want to get all those 60s race cars this week, racing will not get it done and if you can afford to buy that many credits then you have more money than I do. Why not just enjoy the game with the cars you have and buy new cars over time or save up for that GT40 LM or X1 or whatever floats your boat.

For all we know there may be a GT40 or one of the other 20 million cars as a prize in the next seasonal event, just chill out and enjoy the game.
 
How is it possible to patch a glitch that requires reverting to version 1.00 to perform? :confused:

Just patch current game saves so they are incompatible with v1.00. But knowing PD they will travel around the world just to reach the next street.:dunce:
 
I'm glad people found a way to get money in large amounts without having to resort to either:

1. Waiting for big payout seasonals
2. Wait for bigger payouts for normal events
3. Resort to micro-transactions

Some people want to just buy/tune/collect/drive cars in GT mode - money (credits) lets people do this. Not everyone wishes to play the game in an orthodox fashion.
 
Some people want to just buy/tune/collect/drive cars in GT mode - money (credits) lets people do this. Not everyone wishes to play the game in an orthodox fashion.
It isn't a game to me... GTA V is a game. If I thought of Gran Turismo as a game, well truth be told, its a bit of a crap one. What it is, is a cheerful alternative to a PC sim without the angst and elitism. And, despite all the conjecture to the contrary, saving up to buy the cars isn't fun, racing them is.
 
For you guys/gals out there that have been using this bug to acquire millions of credits, are you not concerned that PD might choose to implement a patch that finds you out and penalizes you in some way ie: invalidate your save game / ban ...
 
How is it possible to patch a glitch that requires reverting to version 1.00 to perform? :confused:
Make it so that saves made with 1.01 and higher are incompatible with 1.00.
 
How is it possible to patch a glitch that requires reverting to version 1.00 to perform? :confused:

they could have a patch that detects if you have exactly 20 mil and no Mercedes VGT car...
 
For you guys/gals out there that have been using this bug to acquire millions of credits, are you not concerned that PD might choose to implement a patch that finds you out and penalizes you in some way ie: invalidate your save game / ban ...
No. The 'glitch' doesn't breach the EULA or any terms of service I'm aware of so such extreme repercussions to this, particularly after the debacle of hacking in GT5, would be ludicrous in the extreme. We paid for these assets when we bought the game.

I'm sure many of us were happy to buy most, if not all, the DLC for GT5... a few quid here and there for a racing car or 3... Well, from what I understand, there will be a lot of DLC for GT6, so given that they value a 20 million credit classic race car at £128 Sterling (real money), how much exactly are they going to be charging for DLC cars when they arrive? How much for a whole race track??!!

They've broken my will to 'play the game' and karma provided a loophole in the broken credit system to allow me to actually play how I want to... and do it, you know, without hurting anyone, without ruining anyone else's fun and not ripping anyone off. If Sony think we're ripping them off because we could've bought credit packs instead, well, Sony... we're not forcing you to sell credit packs.... are we now?
 
Back