I wonder......

  • Thread starter Thread starter peteg9699
  • 34 comments
  • 1,847 views
It isn't a game to me... GTA V is a game. If I thought of Gran Turismo as a game, well truth be told, its a bit of a crap one. What it is, is a cheerful alternative to a PC sim without the angst and elitism. And, despite all the conjecture to the contrary, saving up to buy the cars isn't fun, racing them is.
This times a million.
 
I don't see how PD could ban us. The error is on their side.

They wrote the code that allows you to sell an object (car) for 334 millions. This number is not ther by chance. It was put in the code. They could have put some 500.000 Cr. or any other comprehensible and reasonable value.
 
If what you guys are saying is true then I'm all for it. I knew from jump when I heard that word Micro-transaction that it was going to be a nightmare for the GT universe. I mean we've already seen how bad it can get (Sim City anyone lol(well that's more DRM, but still it can get bad)).

Still no one is being hurt by this a small few might be pissed cause they can't get the exact car that someone else has, but it wouldn't be a big deal. So I say have at it, and if PD feels disrespected by getting the finger so be it.
 
It isn't a game to me... GTA V is a game. If I thought of Gran Turismo as a game, well truth be told, its a bit of a crap one. What it is, is a cheerful alternative to a PC sim without the angst and elitism. And, despite all the conjecture to the contrary, saving up to buy the cars isn't fun, racing them is.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.
My issue has nothing to do with the limited pay outs, micro transactions, or exploits. It's the fact that racing the cars isn't fun.

Don't misunderstand. Driving is fun, but racing is not.
The AI, the rolling starts; it just isn't enjoyable. And on top of that, races for lower end cars are far too short and too limited. GT5 solved this with seasonals, but it's the same game of catch the lead car before the race is over.
No good.

If I could actually race against the AI instead of playing catch up, if have no issue.

All that said, I've neither used the exploit, nor bought credits. I don't plan on either.

Unrelated: GTA V has the same problems as GT6. A bunch of promised features weren't ready at launch and still aren't released or even have a set date.

I didn't buy this game at launch so I could wait until may to build my own track.
 
I'm with you. I have no problem with microtransactions. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some on message boards.
So the point of this thread is to point out that people who had an issue with PD seemingly designing the game around microtransactions are the same people who exploited a glitch so they could get around that design without using the microtransactions.


Where's the hypocrisy in that?
 
Last edited:
Back