I would really like a Grand Tour Track.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigMackAttack
  • 40 comments
  • 5,665 views
Messages
711
United States
Springfield, Missouri
Messages
brettfavre26
Gran Turismo is an Italian term of reference for a "Grand Tour" and roughly translates into English as "Grand Touring".

GT5 finally implemented a "Grand Tour" of sorts with the "Grand Tour" special event. I, for one, would like a Grand Tour track.

Not a circuit, and not perticurally for racing, but for driving enjoyment. All the tracks have pit roads and barriers, and make a circle. If they dont make a circle, they still have banners and planes and dirt and snow. I just want one long winding road free of racing distractions to enjoy the great physics and graphics, and driving in general. Similar to Test Drive Unlimited(Though not nearly as long)

Some possible themes ive thought of-
Toscana, Italy
6257440-lg.jpg


Along a Medditeranian Coast/Town (like Coasta de Amalfi)
Atrani_-Amalfi-Coast_-Italy-711061.jpg


Pacific Coast Highway, California
11.jpg


Cities with Waterfronts(Boston MA, Milwaukee WI, etc)
mam14.jpg


A Fictional Forest set in Autumn
Country_Road_Autumn_wallpaper.png


Lack of invisible wall would be great too :lol:

So, who agrees with me that GT needs to follow its name and get a beautiful Grand Tour Track?
 
I like this idea.
 
Costa di Amalfi was in GT4, in the shape of a tight, hairpin filled circuit.
 
Costa di Amalfi was in GT4, in the shape of a tight, hairpin filled circuit.

Keyword- circuit
This is The Real Driving Simulator, we need a track(s) where we can enjoy that without racing distractions
 
Would be very nice, especially if they based it on the Mille Miglia route
 
Agree. I've wanted to cruise in a VW Bus online for a while now ;D
 
Agree!! and i also want a city track... free roam.. with pedestrian and motorcycle, trucks, taxi, police car.. everything... like real world. ahhaahah....

i mean, Kaz Yamauchi mention that few months ago...
 
More ideas-

Fictional road through Natural Bridges National Monument at night (As there are no roads)
112.jpg


The Overseas Highway, Florida Keys
untitled-2.jpg


Trollstigen, Norway
untitled2.jpg
 
So you mean an
Unlimited road of sorts?
 
So you mean an
Unlimited road of sorts?

Like the Rally Special Stages, Just much longer, on pavement, no racing things (Pits, Banners, Crowds, Barriers), and in a beautiful location.
 
You forgot one - the Glenn Highway going north out of Palmer, AK. Constant nasty curves and elevation changes all the way from Palmer to Glenallen. A portion has a mountain on one side and a steep drop toward a river on on the other.
 
Since GT1, I always wanted a cruising world style races.
 
So you mean an
Unlimited road of sorts?

That would be great if they included an option to randomly generate a road based on the type of terrain you chose (mountain, seaside, desert, etc.).
 
EVERYONE EMAIL PD ABOUT THIS! RELENTLESSLY BOMBARD THEIR MAILBOXES WITH THIS IDEA!

Or nevermind because then we'll wait 5 years..
 
I would love it if they added the tracks from the top gear episode "to find the best driving road in the world" but yes, i would also just like to take my car just for a drive and not worry about racing or competing 👍👍

Technitium
 
Gran Turismo is an Italian term of reference for a "Grand Tour" and roughly translates into English as "Grand Touring".

GT5 finally implemented a "Grand Tour" of sorts with the "Grand Tour" special event. I, for one, would like a Grand Tour track.

Not a circuit, and not perticurally for racing, but for driving enjoyment. All the tracks have pit roads and barriers, and make a circle. If they dont make a circle, they still have banners and planes and dirt and snow. I just want one long winding road free of racing distractions to enjoy the great physics and graphics, and driving in general. Similar to Test Drive Unlimited(Though not nearly as long)

Some possible themes ive thought of-
Toscana, Italy
6257440-lg.jpg


Along a Medditeranian Coast/Town (like Coasta de Amalfi)
Atrani_-Amalfi-Coast_-Italy-711061.jpg


Pacific Coast Highway, California
11.jpg


Cities with Waterfronts(Boston MA, Milwaukee WI, etc)
mam14.jpg


A Fictional Forest set in Autumn
Country_Road_Autumn_wallpaper.png


Lack of invisible wall would be great too :lol:

So, who agrees with me that GT needs to follow its name and get a beautiful Grand Tour Track?

You forgot Citta Di Aria!!!
 
I fully agree. That would be awesome.
 
One option that could have been implemented to make this could be that in course maker you can make a point to point course however it keeps on making it ahead of you as you go along. So it can be a technically infinite long road.
 
I just want a nice cruise . Like Gumball 3000 . I always wanted to do something like that .
 
You forgot Citta Di Aria!!!

large.jpg


Citta Di Aria is pretty, but I don't think it would make a good "Grand Tour" course. All I remember about it is "OH MY GOD IM GUNNA HIT THESE WALLS" and "WHY CANT I PASS HIM? ITS TOO CRAMPED!"

I also couldn't find a IRL picture, as a Search of "Aria" brought up loads of NSFW even on SafeSearch Moderate:nervous:
 
I'd litterally give my arm for that. :drool:
Just taking a car and drive alone on kilometers of road with GT physics and graphics...well there's test Drive Unlimited 2 coming soon so I will get my fix of open road driving.
Mixing TDU2 roads with GT5 physics and graphics would be the best game EVAARRRR!!!!1111one11!!!!!111
 

This would be amazing. Imagine then watching replays? The photo opportunities would be more than ample.

BigMackAttack - after reading your post I simply had to investigate. For scientific purposes, of course.
 
This would be amazing. Imagine then watching replays? The photo opportunities would be more than ample.

BigMackAttack - after reading your post I simply had to investigate. For scientific purposes, of course.

After reading your post, theres also another way of thinking of these courses.
They would be almost like Photo Travel locations for the Driver AND the Photographer.
 
i would also love this, maybe aslo having like 100km of the autobahn, with IA cars being traffic

that's why my track of choice is nordschleife, it's pretty long and it doesn't feel like a normal circuit, it's narrow, with forest, windy roads, elevations

you can make your own grand tour track with the track creator, in the toscany setting you cant get 10km tracks, just make it long and then make a couple of tracks randomly, so you only have to change from one track to another when you feel it's getting repetitive

I'd litterally give my arm for that. :drool:
Just taking a car and drive alone on kilometers of road with GT physics and graphics...well there's test Drive Unlimited 2 coming soon so I will get my fix of open road driving.
Mixing TDU2 roads with GT5 physics and graphics would be the best game EVAARRRR!!!!1111one11!!!!!111

and cars, TDU2 will have only like 90 cars
 
People here really seem to want Trollstigen as a Grand Tour track. Well, heres whats at the top of the mountain, the "Icing on the Cake" if you will...

978749086_08e2f685c5.jpg
 
Back