I would really like a Grand Tour Track.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigMackAttack
  • 40 comments
  • 5,665 views
something like citti di aria and costa di amalfi from gran turismo 4, or fujimi kaido and rally di positano from FM3 would be awesome.
 
GT5 NEEDS this. I'd love to go on a Grand Tour track with any of my cars.

Even a Civic Type R
 
New Idea-
Rainbow Road
/sarcasm
 
I really like this idea.

Parts of these longer roads could also be used for other events, like rally special stages or hill climbs.

I'd love to bring my 190 E DTM or the 787B up a Trollstigen hill climb!
 
I completely agree with this, and have wished for this for a long time, as like you said a track isn't that suited for just driving around as a long point to point road section would be, the element of surprise and continuously changing roads and scenery would offer a completely different experience than a "loop" ever could (not saying I don't like tracks, love them).

Something interesting I've read a while ago on this forum regarding this is what the PS2 driving game Enthusia seemed to offer (haven't played it myself).
In this GT4 competitor you apparantly could indeed drive on a long point to point stage which was randomly generated whilst driving and essentially (or hypothetically) could go on forever.
 
hmmm, although I like this idea, I believe there are more important 'tracks' to implement.

1. Tour de Corse (Corsica Rally/Rally of 1000 turns)

Located on the island of Corsica
Group B used to race in this rally
Amazing scenery, elevation change, difficulty

s4_lancia.jpg


tourdecourse.jpg


reghiu1142532384alfa195.jpg


porsche-tour-de-corse-6.jpg


tdchcarte2006.jpg


affichetdc.jpg


------------

Second would be the Targa Florio

another very famous road race and one of the oldest sports car events, originally a lap of the island of Sicily, later the lenght was reduced to 72kms.

Targa_1.jpg


Targa+Florio+I.jpg


TargaFlorio1966-230rain1.jpg


Targa%20Florio%201965..jpg


------

Also, something more along the lines of what you were looking for, would be the Mille Miglia, which actually runs through areas like the Toscana region (featured in GT5).

-----

Sadly I realizing that to create a track or stretch of road, to the accuracy PD would like, both in terms of physics and graphic reality, would take huge amounts of effort, time and resources :nervous:

I wonder if PD would be able to merge together the Toscana and Eiger track creator, to form some kind of long stretch of road which passes from countryside to mountainous region to simulate the Grand Tour event
 
Has anyone considered that photorealistically rendering even just a relatively short drive like the Nordschliefe (a mere 14 miles or so) takes up HUGE amounts of disk space, enormous cost and looooong loading times. Now multiply that by the factor that you expect for a decent scenic drive , seemingly up to ten times or more, and you have to realize that you are just dreaming... It's beyond the memory capabilities of the PS3.

Maybe the PS5, and GT8..! But by then, we'll be beaming around like Star Trek, won't we? ;)
 
This would be amazing! I could really get into that! Absolute tour across the best roads in the world! :D
 
A Grand Tour track would be amazing but some of these people are right Gran Turismo is more about racing.

But imagine driving on one of these Grand Tour tracks..all you could do is look forward and backwards. Gran Turismo really needs to let us look around our car while in cockpit or outside view. The cars have interiors and I don't see why they want to hide the side of the car either. It would also greatly improve the racing, if you could have a better view of looking at the car next when your having a close race it would be much more realistic and better racing!

Thanks to this thread I found out about Test Drive Unlimited, looks like the game was made just for cruising around in the cars you can find in Gran Turismo, Due out February 8, cant wait!
 
Back