IA License help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter A_Car
  • 5 comments
  • 392 views
Messages
4
I've been trying on the last exam for the IA license (complex string) but I cant seem to beat it. Can anyone give me some tips or pointers plz?
 
The real trick on this one is acceleration control. I had trouble with this at first too, but eventually I got it after about 10 tries.
 
Whatever you do, don't skid. it slows you down. and watch the demo.
 
Another trick is to closely monitor your RPMs with the Analyzer. That is maybe the most helpfull tool PD included with GT3. Good luck.
 
Like Cob said, you need acceleration control. Remember that the buttons are pressure-sensative. You need to tap the brake to slow down enough to enter the first turn, but after that you really don't need to brake at all if you do it right. Don't push the accelerator all the way down. Just go as fast as you can staying on the inside of each turn, then let off as you get to the end of the turn and get a good angle going into the next one. In the last few turns, you'll barely even be moving. I took the turns at about 100 MPH, then 85, 75, 60, 50, and the last turn at 30 MPH, and that was good enough for gold.

If you're no good at accelerator control, you can just tap the accelerator like the demo car does, but that makes the whole test much less smooth, and it's harder.
 
I am usually very good at supplying tips for the License Tests, but I could not do it for you at the moment. My boys are busy playing "War of the Monsters" right now, I wouldn't dare interfere with their game just to do some research for GT3.

BBM's tips sound just about right though. You should not have problems betting gold with his help.
 
Back