Ib-3

• Thread starter dantheram1
  • 21 comments
I hope this helps, good luck
Trick for this one is to full power the first 6 gates then apply the brake quickly whilst keeping the accelerator down . This tip stops the back end from kicking all over and brings the cars speed back down nicely . As you can hear , I apply the brake twice through the whole course and never let go of the accelerator

This test is probably my most hated of all, and it's a recurring test in almost all of the GT versions. It often happens that whenever I pass it (and it usually takes a very long time), I do so by complete accident, and even manage to get a silver or gold for it.

This test is probably my most hated of all, and it's a recurring test in almost all of the GT versions. It often happens that whenever I pass it (and it usually takes a very long time), I do so by complete accident, and even manage to get a silver or gold for it.

i've past it but i don't want a bronze in my collection, best i can do is a 19.5.

This **** took me hours! I got the silver on my like 10th try but wanted the gold and tried for an hour and half and quit and came back to in another day for an hour and go it....just need patience and time lol
But that trick the second poster posted sounds interesting imma try it in the next slalom.

I golded this one a while back, but from what I remember, keep at full power until you get to a point where accelerating any further would cause you to cock up the next gate (according to Raz_10, it's around gate 6, or possibly a bit earlier in which you need to do this.) Once you have reached that point, make sure you're in 3rd gear and keep between 50% and 75% throttle to keep the car at a constant speed (so it is neither accelerating or decelerating). Keep that constant speed until the second to last gate and then make a dash though the final cones and sprint to the finish.

Also, a couple of important things to remember. Keep as tight as possible to the inside cone, and dont make the mistake of turning in too late (otherwise you could muck up your line for the next gate).

As I said though, I did this a while ago and can't remember the challenge perfectly, so I may be out on a couple of points (such as when to start accelerating for the final dash to the finish). Generally you should find these tips will help, though.

I golded this one a while back, but from what I remember, keep at full power until you get to a point where accelerating any further would cause you to cock up the next gate (according to Raz_10, it's around gate 6, or possibly a bit earlier in which you need to do this.) Once you have reached that point, make sure you're in 3rd gear and keep between 50% and 75% throttle to keep the car at a constant speed (so it is neither accelerating or decelerating). Keep that constant speed until the second to last gate and then make a dash though the final cones and sprint to the finish.

Also, a couple of important things to remember. Keep as tight as possible to the inside cone, and dont make the mistake of turning in too late (otherwise you could muck up your line for the next gate).

As I said though, I did this a while ago and can't remember the challenge perfectly, so I may be out on a couple of points (such as when to start accelerating for the final dash to the finish). Generally you should find these tips will help, though.

Should i do with manual gears then? Its the middle section where i just lose the whole car.

Should i do with manual gears then? Its the middle section where i just lose the whole car.

The main advantage of Manual is that you can change gear at exactly the right time so that you get the best possible acceleration from your car, so by changing to manual you will gain a lot of time from that alone.

However, it can take a while to get used to if you are new to it, so it may be a while before you can start using it to your advantage. But I would try it out and see how it goes, if you decide it's not working for you then just change beck to auto.

This **** took me hours! I got the silver on my like 10th try but wanted the gold and tried for an hour and half and quit and came back to in another day for an hour and go it....just need patience and time lol
But that trick the second poster posted sounds interesting imma try it in the next slalom.

Wow... De ja vu, there's no need to post the same thing twice!

Last edited:
A manual transmission and the bumper cam view helped me gold this event. It was tough though and it took me a while (20+ attempts?). Turn off all assists if you have the option to do so. I forget if the options are available. Find the rythym of the car and make it work for you. By rythym I mean how the weight of the car transfers as you apply the brake or give the car steering and accelerator inputs.

One thing I have learned is that I have to forget my bad habits when attempting to pass the license tests. Forget the bad habits and accept the idea that PD is trying to encourage you to learn new (read better) driving habits that will help you with the game in the general sense. It's easy to write about it, especially after the fact. But, I hope this helps.

Just finished this challenge yesterday and the way I did it involved not using the brakes at all. Basically what I did was full throttle start then shift at 62km/h, throttle pinned through the first and second cones.
Shift into third around 92km/h or about right after the second cone, then this is where it gets hard. Modulate the throttle through the few sets of cones by releasing the throttle to about 50-60% right before turning in for each cone, then giving it from 80-100% throttle right after passing each cone. Remember that this requires you to stick as close to the cones as possible for this to work. The approximate speed through these few cones are about 106km/h.
Then right when you pass the third cone to last give it full throttle and pass the last two sets of cones, remember to keep the oversteer to a minimal as there will be a little bit. After you pass the last cone and is heading to the finish line, keep the steering to a minimum.
Hope this helps and after I finished this challenge I had to go buy the FT-86 in the same colour as it's such a fun car to drive. :)

I did this this week-end and it's definitely the way to go, full acceleration until some point then 50-70% trottle will make you win it easy, I was surprise how fast I got gold once I stopped accelerating/releasing to try to make it.

I did this this week-end and it's definitely the way to go, full acceleration until some point then 50-70% trottle will make you win it easy, I was surprise how fast I got gold once I stopped accelerating/releasing to try to make it.

Yep, it makes the car a lot more stable, and generally more stability = more grip 👍.

18.484 - celebrated wildly and split my hand open on a wall tac!

Reminded me of the joy of scoring a lat minute screamer on Pro evo, before it became ****!

What a game, it asks for perfection and the feeling of accomplishment when you nail it is awesome.

Trick for this one is to full power the first 6 gates then apply the brake quickly whilst keeping the accelerator down.
I hope this helps, good luck

Thanks for this - worked a treat. This was the only IB test I didnt have gold for - my time was 18.943. After 4 attempts using this technique I nailed an 18.1

Kungpow1up
.083 off gold!! It hurts me
is that with manual shifting?
Yes Manual. Just did it .425 yesss! no braking at all keep it straight and close as you dare when past 5 ease off throttle and then keep adjusting throttle till three cones from home and floor it! very close to last cone! Pheww very close shave! NEVER AGAIN:)

Back