I'd love to pick interior colors, but...is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ed Nut
  • 58 comments
  • 6,860 views
i want gt5 in 2010,not in 2011
How about this:
NOW!!!...or Christmas pleezz

I do hope a good amount of customization is in GT5, not Midnight Club:LA style tough, or you'll have weed and boob cars all over the place (I'm not joking, search it up anywhere).
 
After full weight reduction shouldn't the interiors be stripped down to basic guages a stering wheel a fire extinguisher and a race seat? So what difference should the stitching and color of leather make when it is sitting in a garage collecting dust?:dunce:

Maybe they could have dust removal and carpet cleanings :lol:
Maybe there should be spinners, and the ability to encrust jewels and rare stones into the rims and dash.:lol:
 
It's not really a big deal. All I'd want though it to have interior and exterior paint separated. Any interior that is not black is ugly.

I hope you are kidding me, right?:sick:

2007-Jaguar-XK-Interior-1280x960.jpg


jaguar-xkr-interior.jpg


Black interior is depressing, but I still like it if it fits the rest of the car. Black and red interior is really nice too:)
 
Last edited:
*Delete please, double post*

My Internet cut out and when i refreshed the page my post wasn't there, so i posted again...
 
Last edited:
Could that be a photo model from GT5 !?

The Background looks very similar to the Koenigsegg GT5 'hoax'.

I bet the company behind that were employed to create this for Ferrari, and that it is completely unrelated to GT.

Whether it was because they made a name for themselves with that Hoax or they were already reputable modellers, i don't know.

Although with high poly models like this and lighting this realistic, its going to look the same whoever makes it to this extent.
 
After full weight reduction shouldn't the interiors be stripped down to basic guages a stering wheel a fire extinguisher and a race seat? So what difference should the stitching and color of leather make when it is sitting in a garage collecting dust?:dunce:
Who said everyone was going to fully modify their cars? There are some people, myself included, who do enjoy racing a stock car around.
 
Get test drive unlimited. You can choose between all manufacturer wheels paint and interior.

Agreed, TD unlimited lets you appreciate every detail of your car, but there's a little difference between TD and GT5, graphics, TD was rubbish, GT is phenomenal....I would like to see this feature in the game, let's hope KY had this idea when he woke up at night to have some water, otherwise, I wouldn't add any single day to the release date to have this..
 
If you want to find out, you should make a poll.
 
Who said everyone was going to fully modify their cars? There are some people, myself included, who do enjoy racing a stock car around.

I actually never thought of that, sorry. I do the full weight reduction on every car I get first thing before adding anything else, I was thinking everybody did the same, I guess I was wrong. You are probably the calliber racer that would race circles around me even though I have all weight reduction and you with stock weight, sorry if I offended you sir.
 
I'd love to be able to pick a left hand drive or a right hand drive car..
 
I would love that feature, you get to choose the exterior color afterall. However I think it should be implemented tastefully. Cars where there aren't an interior choice obviously shouldn't get other options. But if it really doesn't make that much of a difference, it shouldn't be an option.

However, my being a GTI fan, I was disappointed when the interior of the MkV in GT5P was the black leather, not the hugely characterful and unique interlagos cloth (how many cars have plaid interiors... let alone one that looks this good?)
 
choosing interior colors would be awesome.
I really hope we can customize the exterior colors too.
 
I definitively don't need this!

Due to all respect:
I wanna DRIVE the game 2010 and not 20XX...so please guys: Stop coming up with
these ideas...
But why am I worrying... Luckily Kaz never gives a damn on users ideas...

Maybe PD could fulfill your whish later via update...

But before: Please release of the basis game with most important features (at least due to major whishes) like weather, damage, grid girls [LOL]...
 
Many cars like the TVR's in GT5P change interior colours when you change paint colours, if they modelled different interior colours then I would like the option when buying the car.

I do have a feeling some options will be available considering in GT5P the current STI features optional BBS wheels (and is listed in the name) and a pre prologue screenie from famitsu magazine shows the Evo 10 on optional wheels that were not available in GT5P.
 
I'm pretty sure this guy would want a £20,000 sound system in the boot of his Corsa in GT5.
ali-g.jpg
 
PD has already forced different interior color choices for cars since GT4 (possibly 3 as well, but I don't remember at the moment). With the option there already, I see no reason that it shouldn't be user-selectable. Especially now that the game will have an interior view.
 
I would KILL to be able to fully customize my cars like you would be able to from the factory. I love stock options and putting them on cars... but no games that I have played so far have had it. I always did stock options on cars in Midnight Club: LA and Shift when it was possible.

For example, I matched a color to stock, then picked a stock interior color to match, and stitching when possible without messing up the rest of the interior. This was all possible in MCLA, as well as stock stripe options, wheel color options, etc. That's why I love the game... the graphics may suck, and it may be an arcade racer, but the customization is AWESOME. The only problem with it was that it was hard to match colors etc. perfectly using its color selector.

I would love to be able to pick all of the visual and performance options that factories offer, such as the brake caliper colors, wheels (factory stock), and Ferrari's website had some pretty interesting options, such as the tach's background color and such. Of course, I'd want them to cost similarly.
 
i'd love that but only actual car maker colors
 
PD should include every cars real life optional extras list. such as interior color, wheel size, left hand or right hand drive, etc. So GT players will better understand car buying.
 
If you see it's a red Ferrari 458 with a black interior

Pause at 32 seconds it's a red 458 with a tan interior. So I do think we might be able to choose this.
 
with the introduction of interiors, i really want to be able to do more when i'm picking my car than just pick the exterior colour, do you think we'll get all the options, sorta like the car configurators on the Ferrari website, to pick everything about the cars?

i don't want a yellow 458 with a tan interior, i want yellow, with black leather and yellow stitching, with some red highlights!

this is what i'm talking about, full choice, of everything

It may be just you :)
 
i want gt5 in 2010,not in 2011
Some cars when you change the color of the exterrior, the interior changes as well, so all PD has to do is to have the two options seperate, it wont delay the game, also it wont take much work.
 
Some cars when you change the color of the exterrior, the interior changes as well, so all PD has to do is to have the two options seperate, it wont delay the game, also it wont take much work.

Well it might be easy to implement, don't forget that those combinations often aren't even available on the real cars.
Everything is available perhaps on the more expensive cars in real life ( and at a price ) but on most cars certain interior/exterior colour combinations simply cannot be chosen.
And the manufacturer decides which combinations they offer and might also demand they are realistically represented in GT5.
 
Only game I've played to validate this point was "Test Drive Unlimited." Certain color options yielded certain interiors available. I think it would be a great plus and a more realistic touch overall. With the fear over interiors, however, I wouldn't be extremely excited about this, especially if we don't get too many options available.
 
Only game I've played to validate this point was "Test Drive Unlimited." Certain color options yielded certain interiors available. I think it would be a great plus and a more realistic touch overall. With the fear over interiors, however, I wouldn't be extremely excited about this, especially if we don't get too many options available.

No, not the most relevant discussion to be having right now perhaps, I would probably be satisfied at this point with any colour as long as it has an interior in the first place ( and it pains me to say it, that includes even pink :lol:).
 
PD should include every cars real life optional extras list. such as interior color, wheel size, left hand or right hand drive, etc. So GT players will better understand car buying.

The Mini options list would fill a BR on its own.

:ouch:

Scaff
 
...where are people buying cars where you get the option of left or right-hand drive?!

It would be interesting to be given the basic options for interiors as per the manufacturer's real-life offerings. The Merc SL's had some different interior colours but it was always tied to specific exterior paint options. Like Analog mentions, some companies do limit those choices though, so the game is realistic. I've fantasy-builded enough BMW's to know that sometimes that awesome paint colour means I can't get some equally-cool interior leather option...

That being said, since so many cars come with optional rims, it'd be nice to see that offered more effectively in GT5. My biggest complaint about the SLR was the awful stock rims in GT4; hooray, the cool turbine rims are on in GT5! The WRX STI gets the "BBS Wheel Option" too.

At the very least, since the rims in the game can be scaled to fit different sizes, it would be nice to choose the rim size when installing new wheels, instead of getting a +1 size when you pick R-compound tires (which is actually backwards compared to a lot of modern cars these days).
 
...where are people buying cars where you get the option of left or right-hand drive?!

It used to be cheaper (due to differing tax rates) to buy a car in mainland Europe and import it into the UK.

Denmark for example has a purchase tax on cars in excess of 90%, a UK resident would not pay that if they bought in Denmark, and would pay the 17.5% tax when they returned to the UK with the car.

Given the high demand for this a few years ago it was normal practice for dealers in Mainland Europe to supply both left and right hand drive models.


Regards

Scaff
 
Ah; I new grey imports were pretty common, but I didn't know that dealers would actually stock both. Learn something new 👍
 
Back