Idea to Promote Clean Racing Online

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skynyrd1977
  • 62 comments
  • 4,600 views
I got pissed about something that happened here in "real" life, and thought about creating a id: "puntmeandiquit" as I'm the host in 80% of my races, so I would have the priviledge... DAMN PUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thanks for quitting the race just as i was about to cross the finish line:grumpy: i passed you cleanly it was the fella behind that took you out
 
Well sorry about that... 👎 for me. I had a very bad day here, no excuse though.
 
Well sorry about that... 👎 for me. I had a very bad day here, no excuse though.

Wow a straightforward apology, i totally understand fella i was having a bit of a stressful one with the punters too, everytime i have a bad day i swear no more online for me until we get private races but i keep coming back because the few "good" races make it worth it:)
 
can you really use the = sign in your name? if so someone should make a name called

iHost.Punt=Leave

or something like that

ImHostPunt=Leave

only 16 characters can be used so I have to limit it =(
 
Got it!!! Every time you touch another car you get an electric shock through the controller! Clean racing, happy days!
 
Got it!!! Every time you touch another car you get an electric shock through the controller! Clean racing, happy days!



Haha brilliant idea!
i've been punted so many times online (gtr/430 races)
Tonight i got punted 3 times in the same race.
No more online for me tonight
 
Got it!!! Every time you touch another car you get an electric shock through the controller! Clean racing, happy days!

Ha Ha quality:) only thing is the poor skill-less ones would be be putting in claims against sony because most of them wouldn't be able to hold the controller after one race:tup:
 
can you really use the = sign in your name? (

No, I found out you can't use = or ? or any symbols when I tried. And you cannot start with a number, must be an alphabet character. I'll edit the first post.
 
can you really use the = sign in your name? if so someone should make a name called

iHost.Punt=Leave

or something like that

ImHostPunt=Leave

only 16 characters can be used so I have to limit it =(

I doubt that punters even know that they're refered to as punters.
Maybe try these since game refers to this penalty:

uRam_n_HostQuits
HostUnplugsRamrs
 
It will come for those who wait. What? I'll let you guys know after summer ;)

In the meantime, I just can't wait till they implement the feature to race against friends. Punt free racing :) Oh and I'm also anxious about the damage feature. Ppl are gonna be really pissed of then if some jackass runs into them.
 
I am disappointed to read that you guys think quitting as host is okay. I wish you would give some thought to the other competitors in the race besides yourselves and the guy who just rammed you. Having a race stopped because the host quits is the worst thing that can happen to me in a race. I consider it far worse than ramming. When you quit as host, you don't just ruin the rammers race but every other competitors as well.
Often when I am racing with someone I know, if one gets punted the other driver will pull over and wait for the puntee to return to the track. This way we can have a nice clean contest between ourselves. Most of the guys I race with don't need to prove anything by winning every race they enter and we certainly don't need the credits. Our garages are full. What we crave most of all is a good clean tough contest whether its at the front of the field or the rear.
When I get punted and I am on my own, I return to the track as quickly as I can make a safe return. I then chase the rammer and sit as close to his back bumper as my skills will allow but never hit him. The only time I may hit the rammer is if he makes a complete bone head move like pulling to a full stop in a corner. Of course when that happens I know I am getting to him. I just apply the maximum pressure I can until the rammer inevitably hits the beach and watches me drive by. I think you guys are overlooking one very important point. Most of the rammers are clueless and skill-less as well as having no sense of honour. I can't say I have always behaved perfectly myself but I feel a whole lot better beating these guys with skill and honour than I do by retaliating in kind.
Maybe I need to register a PSN ID of pls_dont_quit.
 
Having a race stopped because the host quits is the worst thing that can happen to me in a race. I consider it far worse than ramming. .

👍


...I then chase the rammer and sit as close to his back bumper as my skills will allow but never hit him. The only time I may hit the rammer is if he makes a complete bone head move like pulling to a full stop in a corner. Of course when that happens I know I am getting to him.

I find this to be true, and after they brake check you once, you can expect it the next time and I fly right around them, and just watch them go backwards. Smooth, clean revenge.


Maybe I need to register a PSN ID of pls_dont_quit.

Do it!:cheers:

By the way, I timed it: it took 3 minutes 4 seconds from track-to-track to change IDs. That is, the point when I exited a race under my primary ID and was back rolling on the track re-signed in under the RU2slow2winCLEAN ID, mostly the short 'Matching' wait.
 
Well, i'm not going to change my nick, but i would cooperate with somekind of psn-message storm.

If a guy is driving really bad, we should organize that a lot of gtp guys flood him with messages like:
'you are not making yourself popular'
'please keep your car under control'
'you drive like my grandmother'

or perhaps a bit more persuading ::

Stop the ramming or become the victim of 11 cars ramming you off - race after race after race, as GTP covers the world, there will always be someone awake to ram you off.

Well, that last option works well in my dreams, i guess someone suddenly receiving 25 messages asking him to stop driving like a baby, may just do the trick.

It would impress me :)
 
I've tried to message rammers before, and they either send back some "sorry didn't mean too" message or they just don't respond.

I had one guy run into the back of me at the 130r, he pushed me off, but I managed to regain the ground and get p1. I messaged him something like, "maybe if you rammed me more you wouldn't lose" ...of course I got no response.
 
I've tried to message rammers before, and they either send back some "sorry didn't mean too" message or they just don't respond.

I had one guy run into the back of me at the 130r, he pushed me off, but I managed to regain the ground and get p1. I messaged him something like, "maybe if you rammed me more you wouldn't lose" ...of course I got no response.

Still, you got your message across. It may some day sink in for some, making online better, even if only a little bit.

EDIT: Polyphony Digital, please post a 'WARNING!' that displays along with the scroll messages across the bottom of the screen while waiting for the matching process to discourage ramming others or else their monthly PSN log-in account charges could be increased by up to 25%. Or something!
 
As we all pretty much have all the credits we'll need I've started a new way of protesting by not giving the money to them if I was punted intentionally as a host. I just "quit" before the countdown ends... You still get the race that way.
 
Private rooms is the only way to go in my opinion. I am sure 99% of the members of Gtplanet race clean and enjoy not having punters and clowns ruin a good race. The best remedy to this situation is to wait patiently..in the meantime i'll tick to time trials like always:)
 
Here's a name for you guys: DontPuntMeBro.

Don't punt me bro, I didn't do anything! Don't punt me bro! AHHHH!
 
I saw a id tonight: RaceClean4thekids

lol

The message is getting out, loud and clear!

Racecleanmorons
Racecleanstupid
RaceClean4thekids
 
That guy RaceClean4DaKids is not a clean racer! He was knocking me all over the track! I saw the name and was thinking, "sweet, this will be a good race." Man was I wrong.
 
I am disappointed to read that you guys think quitting as host is okay. I wish you would give some thought to the other competitors in the race besides yourselves and the guy who just rammed you. Having a race stopped because the host quits is the worst thing that can happen to me in a race. I consider it far worse than ramming. When you quit as host, you don't just ruin the rammers race but every other competitors as well.
Often when I am racing with someone I know, if one gets punted the other driver will pull over and wait for the puntee to return to the track. This way we can have a nice clean contest between ourselves. Most of the guys I race with don't need to prove anything by winning every race they enter and we certainly don't need the credits. Our garages are full. What we crave most of all is a good clean tough contest whether its at the front of the field or the rear.
When I get punted and I am on my own, I return to the track as quickly as I can make a safe return. I then chase the rammer and sit as close to his back bumper as my skills will allow but never hit him. The only time I may hit the rammer is if he makes a complete bone head move like pulling to a full stop in a corner. Of course when that happens I know I am getting to him. I just apply the maximum pressure I can until the rammer inevitably hits the beach and watches me drive by. I think you guys are overlooking one very important point. Most of the rammers are clueless and skill-less as well as having no sense of honour. I can't say I have always behaved perfectly myself but I feel a whole lot better beating these guys with skill and honour than I do by retaliating in kind.
Maybe I need to register a PSN ID of pls_dont_quit.
Me thinks that PD should change it to when someone quits the race "host" or anyone else the car they are driving sits "ghost" on side of track; less people would be quitting and start complaining to PD about the way they have the host being in charge. I raced about 30/40 races today I only have 1mb connection speed but was host of all but about 4 races the only time I quit was when it got to where I was in position 1of 1 I did run the first race to see what happened at the end guess what happened I got no points and it's not fun racing without anyone else.
 
That guy RaceClean4DaKids is not a clean racer! He was knocking me all over the track! I saw the name and was thinking, "sweet, this will be a good race." Man was I wrong.

From the looks of it, he was getting klobbered by others.. lol

I got another one: StayProRaceClean
 
I try not to hit people but I am using the DS2 and I'm still getting to used to the GT:5 physics so I occasionally tap people by accident.

I had a awseome race on the 4 ferraris event with some guy in a F430 we didn't even contact once, mainly cause he smashed me.
 
I've tried to message rammers before, and they either send back some "sorry didn't mean too" message or they just don't respond.

I had one guy run into the back of me at the 130r, he pushed me off, but I managed to regain the ground and get p1. I messaged him something like, "maybe if you rammed me more you wouldn't lose" ...of course I got no response.

I was on suzuka 700pp last night and was second coming into the final chicane on the last lap, as I exited the chicane, the guy in front decided to brake check me thinking it would boost him further down the track, instead the guy span out into the sand, leaving me to take the win. i sent the guy a message asking him if he would be kind enough to brake check me again. hopefully it will sink into those types of idots that racing dirty isn't the right thing to do.
 
What pisses me off is on the long straight away at Suzuka I do a draft pass and right when I get next to the car he/she rams me to all hell and knocks me into the grass.

BUT, since we are sidee-by-side he/she doesnt get a ramming penalty. WTF I don't know why people do it, on a turn I can understand because you can use people as brakes. But on a straight, that is just being an A-hole.....

More Importantly I have an idea to stop rammers but I highly highly highly doubt PD will cooperate. I am a huge FIFA player and in almost every FIFA game there are little glitches that players can exploit to win (which means they are cheating). And every month the FIFA forum submits a list of cheaters to EA sports. And many of the people on the list actually get banned for a week or something.

I was thinking maybe we could make a rammer list. If people are intrested a mod could make a topic and people pm the mod and he/she adds rammers the people send in to the list. At the end of the month we send the list to Sony/PD.

Even if doesn't work I think it would send a message to Sony and PD that something must be done. what do you think?

And maybe at the very least you will see someone on the list online (or even on this forum!) and either stay clear or let them know what's up.
 
What pisses me off is on the long straight away at Suzuka I do a draft pass and right when I get next to the car he/she rams me to all hell and knocks me into the grass.

BUT, since we are sidee-by-side he/she doesnt get a ramming penalty. WTF I don't know why people do it, on a turn I can understand because you can use people as brakes. But on a straight, that is just being an A-hole.

Those idiots just don't like being passed, so to make them feel better they take you out. They can't win clean so they need to cheat the more capable drivers. they're used to Burnout and Need for Speed. why they buy a driving simulator is anyones guess. The August 1st update will hopefully penalise the dirty drivers.
 
Those idiots just don't like being passed, so to make them feel better they take you out. They can't win clean so they need to cheat the more capable drivers. they're used to Burnout and Need for Speed. why they buy a driving simulator is anyones guess. The August 1st update will hopefully penalise the dirty drivers.

AAAAAMEN. :)

Luke
 
Most of the time i happen to have frequent encounters with people like the ones mentioned on ths post. What's most annoying is getting rammed of the road on the very first turn...THEN catching up to them only having to have the jerk try his best to drive you off the road again..hell there was this other troll who would slam in every single person in the race, then drive backwards into oncoming racers.....it was quite pathetic...the most absurd part of it is, i've raced my behind off getting all of the cars and really have no need for Gt credits, when i go online it's to have a good race (which has happened a few times) with clean guys, not just to get cash...good lord i cant wait for private rooms...does anyone know if it will be implemented in the august 1st update?
 
Most of the time i happen to have frequent encounters with people like the ones mentioned on ths post. What's most annoying is getting rammed of the road on the very first turn...THEN catching up to them only having to have the jerk try his best to drive you off the road again..hell there was this other troll who would slam in every single person in the race, then drive backwards into oncoming racers.....it was quite pathetic...the most absurd part of it is, i've raced my behind off getting all of the cars and really have no need for Gt credits, when i go online it's to have a good race (which has happened a few times) with clean guys, not just to get cash...good lord i cant wait for private rooms...does anyone know if it will be implemented in the august 1st update?

Private rooms would be nice but it's not been mentioned in the GT5p news section, so it's highly doubtful. maybe the autumn/fall update will give us private rooms, then the punters can get together in their own rooms and have a crash fest between themselves :lol:
 
Back