Idea: Ultimate GT4?

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 42 comments
It's a lot more likely that people are going to have a PC rather than an android phone. (speaking from personal experience :dopey:)

Well, scince we're all gt fans,and most of us are familiar with ps2 era (best console ever) I think we should give it a try.
I will build a demo in a couple of days, based on my racing sim game.
Should I try to recreate gt3 arcade experience or gt4 serious simulation? Cuz I can make both of them.

I think that the arcade mode should be like GT4, but with all cars + tracks available from the start. :cheers:

Well,I'm almost ready to post it,but i have a small problem here

1)GT3\4\psp transparensy shaders are very complicated,so It's very challenging to me to make ones that look as good as GT's

You can see some issues on pictures.I'm working on it.

2)Centering the model,especially wheels,because you can't rip cars in "T-Pose"

However,I can give you a build to test tommorow,tell me,which platform would you like to try? Android or PC?
I think,android version would be a very interesting experiment ;)

About converting:Non-racing car takes about 2-3 hours. Racing car(Sponsors and etc) takes a lot more(5-7 hours)
I got a question: I think that Ultimate GT4 should have the sponsors which GT4 don't have. For example, the C5-R doesn't have Le Mans 24 Hours logo on the left side of the #64 number.

a122.jpg

And I think that Ultimate GT4 should include all the cars which haven't made it to GT4. Sorry for bumping an 2-month thread. :(

@Harsk100 I think the reason it doesn't say 24 Heures De Mans on the side of GT6's C5-R is because they likely used the ALMS version...

I'm more worried about input methods. I'd like it to support gamepads at least.
Not like there are that many controls to it, Accel, Brake, handbrake, reverse, change view, back view, gear up/down and toggle ghost.

Not like there are that many controls to it, Accel, Brake, handbrake, reverse, change view, back view, gear up/down and toggle ghost.
I don't trust touch screens to allow for an accurate enough command input, that's all. There's no tactile feedback for example.

And I think that Ultimate GT4 should include all the cars which haven't made it to GT4. Sorry for bumping an 2-month thread. :(

First, no apologies necessary. The point of Ultimate GT4 is to cars and tracks from GT3, GTC, and GT PSP that isn't in GT4. Read the car list pastebin and the track list in the OP.

EDIT: No Grindelwald in the track list???

Because it isn't in GT3, GTC, GT4P, GT4 or GT PSP. ;)

@Harsk100 I think the reason it doesn't say 24 Heures De Mans on the side of GT6's C5-R is because they likely used the ALMS version...

The blank box in C5.R says 24 Heures du Mans in GT3.

This is definantly one of the most interesting projects I have seen in GTPlanet history.

From what I can see in this thread, you did have a working copy of it.

I just wish the people who used to be on this thread continue working on Ultimate GT4.

Last edited:
Back