Ideas for making online racing cleaner?

• Thread starter jp_footy
  • 8 comments
Portugal
Unlocated
JFERRARIL10
How about being able to complain about a driver and if they receive 3 or more complaints within 24 hours they are forced to race with a special paint job for 24 hours? :D

I would do something like this: you get a certain amount of complaints, you are forced to race as a ghost and, whenever you're not in last position, your car will apply full brakes until you get passed by everyone. This way you'll get humiliated by finishing last no matter what you do. The first time this will apply for 10 races, the second time 20, etc.. Oh, and you'll have to actually finish the race, It won't be counted until you are back in the lobby after the race. Obviously this system would require a dedicated staff checking replays to make sure the function is not abused by trolls.

just start slowly, most of the carnage will get done in the first turn or two and it's smooth sailing after ;) either way I mean, it's not a super serious game, it's not like iRacing where you have to worry about your ratings and so on, from my perspective it's fun sometimes figuring out ways to pass dirty racers that try to cut you off, you learn to do fake moves and it's a lot more satisfying when you feint one turn on the inside then pass on the next turn on the outside and they try to take you out too late and end up crashing right after you pass :)

The only annoying thing that I wish Evo would fix for the online would be to have a way to wait a little longer but get a mostly full race, I'd rather wait 5-6 minutes for others to join than end up as usual with races available every minute but with only 2-3 people in where 1 doesn't connect and the other drops out, it was awesome when there was the free PS version where you knew that the India tracks would be full, but we seem to be back to mostly empty races unfortunately at the times I can play

I would do something like this: you get a certain amount of complaints, you are forced to race as a ghost and, whenever you're not in last position, your car will apply full brakes until you get passed by everyone. This way you'll get humiliated by finishing last no matter what you do. The first time this will apply for 10 races, the second time 20, etc.. Oh, and you'll have to actually finish the race, It won't be counted until you are back in the lobby after the race. Obviously this system would require a dedicated staff checking replays to make sure the function is not abused by trolls.

Man, that's just cruel... I like it. :D

I'm instead just fine with intentional ghosting.

Man, that's just cruel... I like it. :D

I'm instead just fine with intentional ghosting.

Agree, simply making those players ghosts for a few races will be fine.
If a player got, for instance, 3 collission penalties in one race, he should be "ghosted". :)

This is a BIG issue.

I enjoy playing this game, and it satisfies my competitive spirit. I stay away from online races most of the time though, and stick to time trials because of the amount of carnage.

I have successfully achieved first place, and podiums but not without dueling to the death with another racer. there is no doubt that many players just want a good clean race, but I have yet to have one.

A simple fix would be to penalize by making the players ghosts with a power restriction for a range of 5-25 seconds. That would teach them.

This is a BIG issue.

I enjoy playing this game, and it satisfies my competitive spirit. I stay away from online races most of the time though, and stick to time trials because of the amount of carnage.

I have successfully achieved first place, and podiums but not without dueling to the death with another racer. there is no doubt that many players just want a good clean race, but I have yet to have one.

A simple fix would be to penalize by making the players ghosts with a power restriction for a range of 5-25 seconds. That would teach them.
Oh yeah definitely. From the online races I have been in before, it should be 10. It is that bad.

Back