If GT had a livery editor (would you use it?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 39 comments
  • 2,457 views
Messages
514
Just curious..., if GT-5 had a livery editor (even just a basic one).., would you use it? I won't mention the title by name.., but another well known racing title has an extremely good livery editor, and an amazing online feature for selling, gifting, ect.

I used to not be into the livery editors.., but they sure do grow on you after you start using them. Not only that when coupled with a good online system you benefit from the ETREMELY creative and talented works of others. If PD offered this would the community use it?
 
YES. I was very disappointed with the visual options in GT5.
 
I would love to have that. I'd replicate all the real-life race cars that I like in the game.
 
Of course I would!! At first it seemed that with 1000+ cars and 100s of paint colours to choose from there was enough variety... but after a while, when you find the class of cars you like driving, the list of competitive cars becomes very small and it's not long before you start seeing other people driving cars that look exactly the same as yours.
 
Myself, probably not.

But I would buy something nice someone else made :D
 
Myself, probably not.

But I would buy something nice someone else made :D

This is one of the reasons why that other titles livery editor is so popular. I can create my own.., but WOW have I spent some major credits buying the work of others. There are some very talented painters out there.

I would love to see this in GT-5. I'd certainly be online buying liveries created by other GT members.
 
I wish the games that had livery editors would have an app for the computer that you could design it in and then import that design.
 
Gladly,but I'd more likely buy liveries from other people.:)
 
I`d love to see such a feature! I did a custom skin for Dirt 2 cars, and had a lot of fun doing it. There is also a great collection created by fanbase with recreated original Rallycars.

I like the look of racecars with sponsorship, and for some reason I enjoy the look of several cars only with a racing finish. Corvette isn`t a pretty car in my opinion with plain painting but some real GT3 Corvettes are a beauty! Same goes for Aston Martin.

Thats why I have spent way to much time with Shift 2 editor ^^ I did a black Hankook Aston Martin (similar to a Z06 Hankook Corvette) a Alpina M5 and an old scool Champion Delta Integrale.

The last thing I am dreaming of would be a HB 80` Quattro.
 
Of course I would.. Gulf Ford GT:drool:
 
No.
Drive the car.
Don't decorate the car.
Rice.
 
I'm not really that bothered about a livery editor, although it would add a nice touch to the GT franchise and I would use it.
 
Yes.

I would love to make a bunch of 8-bit skins so we can see even more pixelation on the standard cars.
 
I think I would defiantly be more interested in the real world tunes on street cars because not only would it have the tune but it would also look like the real car, that is if the aftermarket brands changed the livery on the car in any way.
 
No.
Drive the car.
Don't decorate the car.
Rice.

DSCN0155.JPG


Yeah that is definitely rice! :lol:
 
ABSOLUTELY, this has to be part of the game, it would be a brilliant feature. This is a number one priority.
 
Bottoz
No.
Drive the car.
Don't decorate the car.
Rice.

So I guess race cars are ricers then.
 
Yeah definitely... I would love to recreate some real race cars and drift machines.
 
LOL, that livery editor is the ONLY reason that make me me consider to buy another x360 (after the one I bought last year stop'd working after 20 minutes lol... so I came back and swapped for a Ps3).
Anyway basically for that editor I need a new console, a new wheel, a new game and Live registration wich is 50€ each year... a quite expensive livery editor honestly. I think I'll keep using rFactor for my skinning needs :)
Yes.

I would love to make a bunch of 8-bit skins so we can see even more pixelation on the standard cars.
LOL :sly:
Of course I would!! At first it seemed that with 1000+ cars and 100s of paint colours to choose from there was enough variety... but after a while, when you find the class of cars you like driving, the list of competitive cars becomes very small and it's not long before you start seeing other people driving cars that look exactly the same as yours.
Fair point.
 
I'd make a few replicas here and there. I'd also make my own signature design and apply it to several of my favorite cars.

In that other game, I chose a dark chameleon paint color that shifted between maroon, green and dark blue, then used some of the pre-made 'tear' graphics to make a big, red 'X' that appeared to be made from splattered blood. I put the 'X' on the sides and roof of my cars. I actually got some compliments on it from other players, and they wanted to know where to buy it.
 
yes i would, i run a championship here in work and it would be great to have our own team colours
 
Depends on how much of a pain in the butt it was to achieve the desired effect. If it were relatively straightforward to do what I'd want to do I'd use it in a heartbeat.

This of course is assuming they don't do something blindingly stupid like removing the proper, licensed paints as an option in favour of a system like NFS uses. I want my precision matched shades, not three hours of fiddling with a wheel before settling on "close if you squint"
 
i would love to have forza style livery

totally
and the car painting style
**** paint chips!!!
only way it would be good is if we can buy em from a paint chip store. I WANT MORE CHROMES!
 
That's already in the game. ;)
Not exactly, The original GT40 is, as well the the LM car, but not the heritage edition, which is just a Ford GT with a special paint job.
 
yea mainly for manufacture decals and numbers .. you know to make the car actually look like a race car and not a like a car straight off the lot
 
Back