Oh thats GREAT.. If only I could afford 3D TV! I rather see 720p with LESS jaggies over 1080p.
That is what I mean, PS4 out of box should support 1080p + and 3D Vision, because PS3 can't handle 1080p 3D in games yet.
Firstly I wont be buying a 3DTV at the current prices particulary with so little material to make enough enjoyment of it. I feel Sony should of had a 24"-32" model available to take advantage of gamers or for studies/bedrooms and at a pricepoint that made it attractive.
What many of you fail to take into account regards 3DTV sales or general uptake is that the TV manufacturers are offering 3DTV on their best performance models.
Panasonics Plasma is a fine example and is rated as the best 3DTV from the 1st generation models. As a TV it offers many picture enchancing features to improve 2D as well. So if a consumer wants more performance they have to buy the 3DTV model even if they have no interest in 3D at all.
As said earlier 3Ds not even out the door yet but some people want to criticise it. Id understand if the general concensous was that it sucked but thing is many people enjoy 3D if its done right. Anyone that buys a 3DTV will be able to play in 2D or 3D so I dont see a problem if they dont like it.
Regards 1080p and PS3 the majority of the games that are 1080p arent FULL HD but only 1280x1080. I bought a 1080p projector just prior to GT5P release and 1080p on consoles is overrated. Whats the point of having a higher resolution if your game and GT5P in particular has terrible jaggies. It totally defeats the purpose of higher resolution in games.
Lets see how proper 3D games designed with 3D from the offset perform. Wipeout didnt have much effort in getting the best performance possible as stated in the article linked.
I very much doubt GT5 will be below 60fps in the 3D Version. I do however believe it will possibly run below 720p native in 3D but maintain the framerate. I could live with that if they apply proper AA as long as the jaggies werent any worse than the 2D version.
Motion control and 3DTV seem to be the future of gaming.
As such 3DTV will be a major factor in changing the gaming industry.
If indeed it takes off within the next 2 years then Microsoft cant sit on their backside. If anything they will have to bring their next console to the market sooner to also get on the 3D bandwagon.
Nice, half the resolution and half the frame rate for the pleasure of playing in 3D...er, no thanks.
Arnt you happy then that it will suck. Ive concluded your not interested but sure keep on moaning I enjoy reading your posts based on not actually having tried it.