If wheel support isn't added for the PS4 will you buy GT7?

• Thread starter eatyourdog
  • 168 comments

Will you buy GT7?

• Only if support is added for my wheel

Votes: 105 52.8%
  • I will be buying a new wheel

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • I will buy it either way

Votes: 73 36.7%

• Total voters
I think this wheel/console/game compatibility conundrum places the consumer in an unfavorable position, but what it comes down to (for me) is prioritizing what is important (the wheel, the game, the console).

Being basically just a GT guy (the other sims and consoles haven't interested me), I recently purchased the T300RS after reading that Logitech would not be supported on the PS4. In retrospect, purchasing the T300RS was a hasty decision even after the long wait (and the add-ons are STILL not available).

So, after a year of bullet proof reliability using a DFGT on GT5&6, all I really miss is having a clutch and shifter. Therefore, the logical thing would have been upgrading to the G27 rather than getting the T300RS. The question isn't will I play GT7 (I will), but should I trade in my T300RS for a G27 if GT7 isn't likely to be out in a year or more.

Who knows, as Jordan said, we shouldn't expect any official for GT7 compatibility information until the game is actually announced. Maybe the G27 will work after all. And since I'm not planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon, I can look forward to a year's worth of use on a G27 playing GT6, because as of now, the T300RS is sitting in the corner collecting dust.
If I was in your shoes I would have bought the G27 no question about it. Wheels don't last forever and it could easily be 2 years before GT7 is released so you'd get a good 2 years worth of gameplay from the G27 before having to upgrade. There's also the chance the wheel might be supported in GT7. If you get near release of GT7 and the G27 still wasn't supported, there might be other options besides the T300 at that point. I believe you can also get a dongle that lets you use the G27 pedals and shifter with the TM wheels.

I think this wheel/console/game compatibility conundrum places the consumer in an unfavorable position, but what it comes down to (for me) is prioritizing what is important (the wheel, the game, the console).

Being basically just a GT guy (the other sims and consoles haven't interested me), I recently purchased the T300RS after reading that Logitech would not be supported on the PS4. In retrospect, purchasing the T300RS was a hasty decision even after the long wait (and the add-ons are STILL not available).

So, after a year of bullet proof reliability using a DFGT on GT5&6, all I really miss is having a clutch and shifter. Therefore, the logical thing would have been upgrading to the G27 rather than getting the T300RS. The question isn't will I play GT7 (I will), but should I trade in my T300RS for a G27 if GT7 isn't likely to be out in a year or more.

Who knows, as Jordan said, we shouldn't expect any official for GT7 compatibility information until the game is actually announced. Maybe the G27 will work after all. And since I'm not planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon, I can look forward to a year's worth of use on a G27 playing GT6, because as of now, the T300RS is sitting in the corner collecting dust.

I'd go for the G27, because even if we assume that you can't afford a new wheel at the launch of GT7, GT6 will still be around and kicking for quite some time after the release of GT7 and if clutch and shifter is important for you then you'd arguably get more value out of playing GT6 with a G27 than playing GT7 with a T300RS.

Also, as Johnny points out, by the time GT7 is out there might be other (and better) options to the T300RS.

@Johnnypenso & eran0004:

Returned the T300RS and the G27 arrived yesterday. Love it! Definitely something I should have picked up earlier.

Tell you what; Amazon is amazing when it comes to returns. I was fully expecting an issue with returning the T300, but they refunded the full amount minus $5 shipping. That's good and even so, I used it twice and returned it as originally packaged. Someone out there should get a good deal on it.

no feedback as yet. here is someone's opinion.

Don't get duped into buying this gimmick device, gentlemen. The device will support "Force feedback" the same way the ChronusMax supports "Force feedback"...ie, rumble and that IT! You will NOT get true steering wheel force feedback from this MaxRace gimmick. The one to watch out for is the TitanOne. They are working on adding true FFB and I have discussed some very encouraging ideas with Jefferson on how to get around the current issue. See this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10#p2954

All the MaxRace guys are doing is copying Jefferson's designs and reverse engineering the schematics, just like ChronusMax is.

Better a non Perfect support to logitech than being forced to play with a dualshock (the death of a racing simulation imho) or a crapmasters wheel (double the price, half the value)...
BTW AC, The Crew, Grid AS, Shift2, R3E are all on my PC so I can survive without GT7 (even if I would like to play it but not at this unfair conditions)...

Better a non Perfect support to logitech than being forced to play with a dualshock (the death of a racing simulation imho) or a crapmasters wheel (double the price, half the value)...
BTW AC, The Crew, Grid AS, Shift2, R3E are all on my PC so I can survive without GT7 (even if I would like to play it but not at this unfair conditions)...
The dual shock will drive better than a wheel with no force feedback and lag...by a mile.

Imho the lag is a problem but i can live without the FFB if i dont have to give Money to crapmasters and their overcosted pieces of cheap Plastic... :)

Imho the lag is a problem but i can live without the FFB if i dont have to give Money to crapmasters and their overcosted pieces of cheap Plastic... :)[/QUOTE
] Thrustmaster T80.jpg
Thrustmaster T80 $79.00 If you don't want Force Feedback Bungee Cord Centering, 200° of rotation. FULLY Compatible with PS3, PS4 and PC.

Thrustmaster T100.jpg
Thrustmaster T100 $125.00 if you want Force Feedback 200° of rotation. NOT Fully compatible, PS4, you will need your DS3 or DS4 to navigate the MENU and SHARE functions on the PS4 Console.

Both are better than racing with A DS3 or DS4 or Racing gamepads
DS3-4 Racing Controllers.png

Unless you PC Sim Race, I would sell My G27, if resolution isn't made by GT7 release date, but in the mean while, try one of these affordable Wheel options, and have you some fun, in the hobby that gives you that outlet, without busting your pockets.

Last edited:
A wheel without FFB means you lose all the reactivity advantage of the controller without the advantage the FFB clues provide with the wheel, to tell you what's happening with the car. I'd rather use a controller than a wheel without FFB in that case but that's just me.

what!? the Trustmaster T100 works on PS4? is this for real? I thought the T500 was the only old tech one working?

A wheel without FFB means you lose all the reactivity advantage of the controller without the advantage the FFB clues provide with the wheel, to tell you what's happening with the car. I'd rather use a controller than a wheel without FFB in that case but that's just me.

I have raced the controller options since GT1 until 12/8/2014, the advantage of a T80 over a DS3 is throttle control, if you race them both with NO aids, especially ABS you will find yourself locking your brakes up in every corner (I don't have to tell you what that will do to your lap times), But even with no force feedback you will have precision Throttle, Braking, and Steering input, and also if you want to drive Manual transmission, try that with a DS3 or Gamepad, I currently own a T80 and of course it is inferior in comparison to Force Feedback Wheels with 900° of rotation if that is what you are a custom to, but compared to any gamepad The Thrustmaster T80 reigns supreme.

what!? the Trustmaster T100 works on PS4? is this for real? I thought the T500 was the only old tech one working?

This is from Project Cars Website, You can check it for yourself at http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

View attachment 278096

Last edited:
Sorry Admin, I didn't mean to double post, I thought @azidahaka Post was after mine, I edited my last post to include this post, you can delete this, Thank You.

Last edited:
Coming from a G27 the t80-t100 are cheaper but worst in all aspects...
the T300 is worst than the G27 and even more costy... seriously... a 360€ wheel that has just 2 pedals and no shifter while you have all you need with the G27 for 250€???
the t500 is superior to the g27 but it costs 200€ more and you still have to add 150€ more if you want a separate shifter...
each of the crapmasters whels are made of cheap plastic compared to the G27 that has a lot of metal parts on it and real leather on the rim of the wheel...
So Crapmasters is a big NO from my side...

In addiction a controller is IMHO a offense to the work a progamming team did to make a racing game... the same goes with flight simulations (this is why i play IL-2 always with my logitech wingman FFB joystick)...

I know that FFB makes you feel better the road than a simple wheel but it's better a simple wheel without FFB than a DS4 IMHO... But yes without a FFB wheel the game will lose 50% of his fun IMHO...

And yes i am mainly a PC sim racer (in fact GT6 is the only racing sim i play on the PS3 and i am not gonna buy a 400€ PS4 is GT7 won't support my G27) and i would never sell my G27 for the wheels that Crapmasters do... Only fanatec could if their prices wouldn't be so high (and fanatec have no PS4 support too)... The problem with fanatec is that the all in wheels are not compatible with the PS4 and maybe only the CS will have an interchangable rim with the infamous security chip... but you know all that a compelete fanatech system costs more than 1000€...

What really hurts me is that of all the major wheels makers only Crapmasters was allowed by $ony to make compatible wheels for PS4 and i really hate when i cannot choose the wheel i WANT (this is why i sold my X360 even if the forza series is good)...

The fact was that in the past consolles where cheaper than the PC for all sort of games but now the PC is cheaper (the hardware is only slightly more costy but with platforms like steam you can have very good games for bargain prices) and the PC allows you to a wider comaptibility of peripherals and to the use of amazing add ons too like tablet/mobile dashboards, button boxes, DLC made for free by the community and so on...

Pity for GT series that i love but i guess that the PC is the future of the racing games for me... sad but true...

Last edited:
Pity for GT series that i love but i guess that the PC is the future of the racing games for me... sad but true...

As long as you're racing,it's all good, I thought you were looking for a solution, but you were just venting, My bad, just trying to help keep you in the game my friend.

Now listen up SONY and POLYPHONY DIGITAL;

There is a massive Gran Turismo customer base, poised and waiting to purchase a PS4 and GT7 at the same time.

A major portion of this customer base WONT MAKE THIS PURCHASE if their existing wheel cannot be used.

Run the numbers, come up with a workable solution....

I was considering getting a PS4 when GT7 comes out, if this isn't sorted, and no technical reason why it cant be as its just a USB device, do USB memory sticks/drives or whatever require a security chip? I won't buy either the console or the game.

It's not just the wheel, ive got a wheelstand pro which are fairly specific to individual wheels so as well as buying the wheel/pedals etc i'd need a new stand too, on top of the cost of the PS4 and the game. No way, this is a s****y move by sony.

Now listen up SONY and POLYPHONY DIGITAL;

There is a massive Gran Turismo customer base, poised and waiting to purchase a PS4 and GT7 at the same time.

A major portion of this customer base WONT MAKE THIS PURCHASE if their existing wheel cannot be used.

Run the numbers, come up with a workable solution....
Up in the corporate tower they just make the assessment: profits from new license with Thrustmaster vs angry users that will skip buying our console because they have last gen wheels. Sadly i think they make more money with the Thrustmaster deal so that they can look away from us potentially not buying a PS4 or Xbone (we are a minority among gamers in any case).

Same with Fanatec, they aren't to blame for the whole situation but they will take happily advantage and make lots of cash with a new wheel base/rim/licensed wheel, than if they would try getting compatibility for their existing customers and spend money on it in the process.

In the end we've been had, and the ones that fall for the scheme and buy a new 300€ wheel will probably find that those won't be compatible neither with the next consoles that come around...

I love GRAN TURISMO and most other RACING games .
But i won't be buying any RACING games if my G27 will not work on the PS4 .
SHAME sony SHAME

CHEERS redness-63 (;)

I was considering getting a PS4 when GT7 comes out, if this isn't sorted, and no technical reason why it cant be as its just a USB device, do USB memory sticks/drives or whatever require a security chip? I won't buy either the console or the game.

It's not just the wheel, ive got a wheelstand pro which are fairly specific to individual wheels so as well as buying the wheel/pedals etc i'd need a new stand too, on top of the cost of the PS4 and the game. No way, this is a s****y move by sony.
It's not just a question of being able to plug in the G27 and have the wheel part work, even if you can't negotiate a menu with it. That is already possible with the T500RS that doesn't have the security chip. Logitech also has to provide some drivers for the wheel to interface with the game and for various reasons, they just might not be interested and it certainly looks like Sony isn't going out of their way to make it happen either.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-23-skullgirls-on-ps4-supports-some-ps3-fight-sticks

I know drivers are required but i don't think logitech could stop anyone from writing their own drivers.
The link above maybe gives a glimmer of hope, PD could possibly follow suit, it also shows that the security chip thing is a load of rubbish.
You'd think Mad Catz, maker of the fight stick used by Lab Zero to demonstrate the driver, would be upset, given it's in the market of selling new sticks for new consoles.

But in a Facebook post Mad Catz community manager "MarkMan" said the company was behind the initiative.

"Lots of love to the Skullgirls team for making this happen!" he said. "I've already seen a few comments online where people mentioned that myself or Mad Catz are probably angry because we can't sell you a new $200 PS4 stick. This is so far from the truth. We are glad that you can continue to use your FightStick & hope more developers follow suit so that our products can become your weapons for more years to come. Happy gaming!"

:bowdown:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-23-skullgirls-on-ps4-supports-some-ps3-fight-sticks

I know drivers are required but i don't think logitech could stop anyone from writing their own drivers.
The link above maybe gives a glimmer of hope, PD could possibly follow suit, it also shows that the security chip thing is a load of rubbish.
I don't know if it's that simple. This post might shed a little light on some of the issues involved between Sony, Logitech and Immersion.

Wait so the security chip problem can be gone with a simple driver tweak ? , that is good news and from my understanding that should resolve the Logitech wheel issues.
all the security chip affair was a lie IMHO
a lie to justify the monopoly $ony granted to crapmasters for their wheels on the PS4

$ony and micro$oft must realize that if they want to evolve the console market they must open to the biggest number of peripherals and not having a all dedicated closed universe made of overcosted stuff that changes each generation without retrocompatibility...

It's already annpoying to be forced toi have in my house both the PS2 and PS3 to be able to play the older games and if i will buy the PS4 i will have THREE consoles attached to the same screen together with my PC (this crap cause $ony is scared that i wont buy the games of the PS4 if i will be able to play the games of the PS2 and PS3 on it? no, it's to sell the remastered version of old games on the new console!) having a different wheel for each different console will be the last drop to return to be again a PC-only gamer...

Last edited:
Back