If wheel support isn't added for the PS4 will you buy GT7?

• Thread starter eatyourdog
  • 168 comments

Will you buy GT7?

• Only if support is added for my wheel

Votes: 105 52.8%
  • I will be buying a new wheel

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • I will buy it either way

Votes: 73 36.7%

• Total voters
all the security chip affair was a lie IMHO
a lie to justify the monopoly $ony granted to crapmasters for their wheels on the PS4

$ony and micro$oft must realize that if they want to evolve the console market they must open to the biggest number of peripherals and not having a all dedicated closed universe made of overcosted stuff that changes each generation without retrocompatibility...

It's already annpoying to be forced toi have in my house both the PS2 and PS3 to be able to play the older games and if i will buy the PS4 i will have THREE consoles attached to the same screen together with my PC (this crap cause $ony is scared that i wont buy the games of the PS4 if i will be able to play the games of the PS2 and PS3 on it? no, it's to sell the remastered version of old games on the new console!) having a different wheel for each different console will be the last drop to return to be again a PC-only gamer...

I agree with you that Sony is pulling a scumbag money grabbing move here but I doubt they have a deal with Thrustmaster, if they did then they probably picked the least consumer friendly wheel maker out there (the prices of their wheels are beyond belief in terms of bang for the buck).

I still have slight hope this is resorted, a first party Sony employee working on a driver is encouraging, maybe GTPlanet has a role to play by bringing this up to PD every now and again so heres hoping.

Also off topic but there are rumors the PS4 is getting PS1/PS2 emulations.

Wait so the security chip problem can be gone with a simple driver tweak ? , that is good news and from my understanding that should resolve the Logitech wheel issues.
No it's not that simple, as my post above yours indicates. You still have to get Logitech and Immersion on board, and that's not that simple, given that Logitech isn't much into the wheel making business these days and someone has to pay Immersion for the licensing of their technology and Logitech to make the drivers.

No it's not that simple, as my post above yours indicates. You still have to get Logitech and Immersion on board, and that's not that simple, given that Logitech isn't much into the wheel making business these days and someone has to pay Immersion for the licensing of their technology and Logitech to make the drivers.

I get what amar is saying but again even if they do get Immersion on board the problem still exists with the chip.

I get what amar is saying but again even if they do get Immersion on board the problem still exists with the chip.
The T500RS doesn't have the chip but the wheel works as a wheel on the PS4, it just won't negotiate menus, so you need a DS4 handy for that. I don't think Logitech users would much care if they had to pick up the controller to move around in the game, so long as they didn't have to fork out $$$hundreds to replace a perfectly good wheel. :yuck:

The T500RS doesn't have the chip but the wheel works as a wheel on the PS4, it just won't negotiate menus, so you need a DS4 handy for that. I don't think Logitech users would much care if they had to pick up the controller to move around in the game, so long as they didn't have to fork out $$$hundreds to replace a perfectly good wheel. :yuck:

I wouldn't care if it was useless for anything other controlling the car if I'm honest, just let me use my G25 and I'll pre-order gt7 tomorrow :lol:

I wouldn't care if it was useless for anything other controlling the car if I'm honest, just let me use my G25 and I'll pre-order gt7 tomorrow :lol:
We were in the same boat. My dissatisfaction with being virtually forced to shelve my perfectly good G27 if I wished to continue racing on the PS4 caused encouraged forced convinced me to pay too much money in building a gaming PC:irked:. Had my G27 been compatible I never would have entertained the thought, never having been into PC gaming before.

We were in the same boat. My dissatisfaction with being virtually forced to shelve my perfectly good G27 if I wished to continue racing on the PS4 caused encouraged forced convinced me to pay too much money in building a gaming PC:irked:. Had my G27 been compatible I never would have entertained the thought, never having been into PC gaming before.
Might not seem like it if you read that post, but Johnny is very grateful that he is now a member of the master race.

My plan is wait it out this year, because patience rewards the wallet and i have tons of games i need to finish first on PS3 and the 360, and then see what my options are next xmas. If it stays this way i'll buy a console after the next major pricedrop for playing the exclusives WITH A PAD, and get a gaming pc on the side to play racing sims with the wheels i already own.

GT7 is a very tricky decision for me, with me going to college soon, I might not have the space, or the money, for a big racing wheel, and with me having used wheels for almost 3 years, I cannot return to the controller :scared:

GT7 is a very tricky decision for me, with me going to college soon, I might not have the space, or the money, for a big racing wheel, and with me having used wheels for almost 3 years, I cannot return to the controller :scared:
I have 2 fanatecs here, but sometime i pick up the pad as it's a lot easier and i don't have to transform the whole living room. It's important you can map the buttons to your liking though and so far i preferred the DS3 as the vibration with racing games is a lot better than on the 360 pad. The DS4 and the new Xbone pad have both been improved now (Xbone pad has proper vibration), so yes it's a small compromise but it doesn't take that much away from the enjoyment.

Are you guys still hoping for Support for your G27 Wheels on PS4???:boggled:
G29.jpg

This is Logitech answer to your request, I know it sucks, and I would be ticked too, if I owned a G27,
but lets move on, because support for the G27 ain't coming:( I think your only realistic hope from Logitech is a price drop for the G29, Or buy A Thustmaster, Fanatec, Or Madd Wheel.

Last edited:
View attachment 413943

This is Logitech answer to your request, I know it sucks, and I would be ticked too, if I owned a G27,
but lets move on, because support for the G27 ain't coming:( I think your only realistic hope is a price drop for the G29.
Or keep your perfectly good G27, take the $400 you would have spent on a new wheel, +$400 for the console + tax...and take that $900.00, build a gaming pc and move on to the world of sim racing.

The fact that the PS4 doesn't support the G27 is literally the only reason I don't have one yet. Else I would already have one for pCARS and the upcoming AC.

View attachment 413943

but lets move on, because support for the G27 ain't coming:( I think your only realistic hope is a price drop for the G29.

In my case. NO.

If my DFGT isn't good enough for ME, then I decide to replace it. That's fine. If my hand is forced, no matter who's doing the forcing, then my heels dig in and I don't give ground. Ever.

This is it for me and race games. It's a shame but it looks like GT6 will be my last memory of Gran Turismo.

This is it for me and race games. It's a shame but it looks like GT6 will be my last memory of Gran Turismo.

I don't think it's the fault of Sony PS4 or Polyphony Digital, I believe the blame rest totally in the lap Logitech, Don't you find it Ironic That the G29 is supported on Sony PS4 but the G27 is not:confused:? You can use any Thrustmaster on PS4 with a few menu navigation limitations on the older models, but they are all supported, and they all work. So if you dig your heels against any Company, your enemy is Logitech, So enjoy GT7 with your new Thrustmaster, or Fanatec wheel.
:gtpflag:
Or keep your perfectly good G27, take the $400 you would have spent on a new wheel, +$400 for the console + tax...and take that $900.00, build a gaming pc and move on to the world of sim racing.

Well I guess it isn't the only option Johnny Penso. REPHRASE:lol:! The Best Option, You can Get Project CARS, F1 2015, Assetto Corsa, GT7, ( Driving Games: DriveClub and The CREW) On console, plus you save $100.00:sly:

In my case. NO.

If my DFGT isn't good enough for ME, then I decide to replace it. That's fine. If my hand is forced, no matter who's doing the forcing, then my heels dig in and I don't give ground. Ever.

Damn, I wonder how you feel about the entire history of the video game systems and peripherals, audio and video components and all tech gadgetry in between.. over the last 20 years?

What are you talking about? Everything you need for any system comes with it.

Nobody forces you into anything. You make that call yourself.

When it come to peripherals - it's funny how my Scanner, which was bought for XP, continued to work with Vista and Windows 7 as well. Strange that every USB Hard Drive I've bought has worked on every PC I've bought isn't it?

That is what offends me about this. It's a USB device. It can be made to work. If it had a different connector I'd understand it but it doesn't so it's a no no.

What am I talking about? I don't know how old you are and technology times you've lived through, but you're talking about USB, yes, effectively one of the only standard device connectivity methods that remain compatible and readable today. And Microsoft, being as 'lucky/successful' at owning just about every household and buisiness' PC operating system in the world, has given you the oppertunity to keep using your USB devices even from the late '90s with their mighty Windows. Wow, any other examples? Because the are very very few. You just avoided all other consoles and their proprietory approach througout the last 30 years. SONY has been very kind to even bring USB peripherals to console.

That said, I hope Logitech feels the pain of low sales with this new wheel IF they don't open up and let G25/27 users use their wheels, the new wheel is nothing new and the price is hilarious. Support Thrustmaster or Fanatec.. they worked on their product and deserve the extra couple hundred dollars for their WAY better wheels. All I'm saying is this is nothing unusual, and I'm sure you don't want to be using a G27 in 2025 do you? It's not that good anyway.

I will buy GT7 regardless of what it is, what it does or doesn't do. Even if it's a worthless heap of stuff, I'll still buy it.........👍

Man I love the variety going on in PS4 console, All the Sim Racers available and coming, Why not buy them all? Because we are not going to get every request met from one single developer, So why Not buy GT7? It has its niche: (A Ton Of Cars and Circuits, Good Physics & Graphics, And Online Community) And the other developers has their niche too, So buy them all, That is if you love cars and Autosports. I'm picking up F1 2015 First thing tomorrow morning, my PS3 is down again and I don't really miss it, and in 2016 after Assetto, GT7 is released I will trade it in or throw it away, And buy A Thrustmaster T300, #Moving Forward
1Moving On2.jpg1Moving On.jpg

In my case. NO.

I'm in the same boat with my G25. I have had enough of the faffing about and I'm walking away from GT7 and other PS4 sims to return to arcade racers with a pad.

I'm in the same boat with my G25. I have had enough of the faffing about and I'm walking away from GT7 and other PS4 sims to return to arcade racers with a pad.

If you are going to use a DS4 get A Thrustmaster T80, I got mine for $79.00 last Dec, and even though it doesn't have FFB, but it is Faaaaaaaaar better than a DS4 Game pad.

Thustmaster T80 Racing Wheel, It is A very Precision Wheel, The T80 has Approx. 130° of Wheel Rotation from 0° to Clockwise Lock, and 260° from Lock to Lock, and some more expensive Wheel Sets has 900° or even 1080°, but as a reminder Most High performance Race Cars like: F1, LMP Proto-Type, DTM and some GT3 Cars has only 270° of rotation from 0° to Clockwise Lock, and 540° of rotation from Lock to Lock. Any Race car that has a F-1 styled steering wheel. F-1 Type steering wheels, steering rotation is NOT designed to be turn hand-over-hand, only GT4 or less have complete oval steering wheels. The T80 is a inexpensive Non-modular wheel,(Wheel & Pedals NOT Interchangeable) people who have invested $400.00 in A T300 or T500 will say it is only A toy because it is not FFB and because it has 260° of wheel rotation, but as I already mentioned F1, LMP Proto-Type, DTM and some GT3 Race Cars have only 560° of wheel rotation, And 260° is closer to 540° than a 900° to 1080° of wheel rotation, The T80 is a very precision steering wheel with A 260° Lock to Lock Rotation. designed to produce precision responsive steering with it, And It delivers!!! I have been Sim Racing since 2002 and Since Dec 2014 with A T80, I haven't had one issue with mine, if you want FFB try the T100, it is identical to the T80 but NO no share button. and if you want a modular FFB wheel with more rotation and you have the budget to spend $400.00 or more, buy the T300 or T500, they are all precision wheels, So don't think you have to over- extend your budget to have a good racing experience in Sim Racing. Here is a Video of A Sim Racer that has both the T300 and A T80 and he give A test run and honest appraisal of the T80: He Errors about the T80 wheel rotation, it is 260° Lock to Lock, 130° from 0° to Lock in each direction.

PS4 Is going to have A Great variety of Sim Racers, and driving games: Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, GT7, DriveClub, The Crew, So don't cash in your chips yet bro, I think this is the time Car Lovers have been waiting for on a Console.

If you are going to use a DS4 get A Thrustmaster T80, I got mine for $79.00 last Dec, and even though it doesn't have FFB, but it is Faaaaaaaaar better than a DS4 Game pad.

TL;DR

PS4 Is going to have A Great variety of Sim Racers, and driving games: Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, GT7, DriveClub, The Crew, So don't cash in your chips yet bro, I think this is the time Car Lovers have been waiting for on a Console.

No. I'm not gambling on sketchy reliability of TMs, plus a T80 sounds like a cheap downgrade from a G25. I'll be getting FM6 on XB1 for my car fix since 5 was playable on a pad and arcade racers like Trackmania Turbo for the racing part (I already have Driveclub and The Crew). My sim racing days with a wheel are done after GT6 and none of the future sims (GT7, pCARS, AC), no matter how good they may be, I'm not buying them as they deserve none of my cash with this ongoing wheel support farce. I will continue to use my G25 on GT6 and PS3 until it flat out dies on me.

If the G29 had been cheaper, then I would've considered one, but since it isn't, Logi can simply sod off.

What am I talking about? I don't know how old you are and technology times you've lived through, but you're talking about USB, yes, effectively one of the only standard device connectivity methods that remain compatible and readable today. And Microsoft, being as 'lucky/successful' at owning just about every household and buisiness' PC operating system in the world, has given you the oppertunity to keep using your USB devices even from the late '90s with their mighty Windows. Wow, any other examples? Because the are very very few. You just avoided all other consoles and their proprietory approach througout the last 30 years. SONY has been very kind to even bring USB peripherals to console.

That said, I hope Logitech feels the pain of low sales with this new wheel IF they don't open up and let G25/27 users use their wheels, the new wheel is nothing new and the price is hilarious. Support Thrustmaster or Fanatec.. they worked on their product and deserve the extra couple hundred dollars for their WAY better wheels. All I'm saying is this is nothing unusual, and I'm sure you don't want to be using a G27 in 2025 do you? It's not that good anyway.
It does not matter what has happened in any previous generation. I Make the decision to buy into it. This is a totally different thing. A deliberate decision not to add compatibility is an attempt to force the issue. That isn't happening.

Last edited:
Support Thrustmaster or Fanatec.. they worked on their product and deserve the extra couple hundred dollars for their WAY better wheels.
Ehh... better in what way? These wonderful boutique guys are showing a bit more reliability issues than the traditional Logitechs. I'd snap up a Thrustmaster, but the number of grouch reports and e-purchasing model are giving me pause on that, until someone starts offering them locally. I think I'll just wait on the G29 and trust a peripheral maker using proven tech.

I'm gonna wait and see if there is SRF in GT7. If there is SRF, I won't buy it and I'll officially be off the GT bandwagon. Support for a wheel that is 5 years old and out of date isn't important to me.

Those of you who own a G25/G27, you should upgrade that thing, the advances manufacturers have made are astounding plus you can get away from those positional pedals :yuck:

Jerome

Ehh... better in what way? These wonderful boutique guys are showing a bit more reliability issues than the traditional Logitechs. I'd snap up a Thrustmaster, but the number of grouch reports and e-purchasing model are giving me pause on that, until someone starts offering them locally. I think I'll just wait on the G29 and trust a peripheral maker using proven tech.

The T500 and 300 are simply a much higher quality FFB wheel because the torque curve of the motoers is way above that of the G's, giving a very realistic feeling and understanding of the vehicle and tires at the limit. The strength during minimal movemnets is full of information compared to the Logitechs, so the best physics advances don't mean much if you're not getting all the info the game can give. I guess I have noticed that there seems to be quite 'a lot' of complaints, but as is with all things, those who had a problem will speak about it and those who don't go out of their way praising that it's been reliable for them.

The Logitechs aren't without flaws either, I bought the G25 at launch im '07 amd it lasted for about 2 years before I started getting calibration problem and would throw itself off 20 deg. to the left after the first couple corners. Tried fixing it, it was apparently the optical position sensor that failed. Then I bought a DFGT to haul me over for a while and holy crap it was crap.. still have it in mint condition as I barely touhed it. I then bought a T500 and damn great wheel, used it for 3 months and then sold it as I moved for schooling and wasn't going to take it with me. Logitech G27 was next (bought used but mint) when GT6 came out.. quieter and perhaps stronger than the G25 due to revised gearing (helical gears vs straight).. but still such a notchy behaviour and the bad FFB deadzone (I hear it's mainly a GT problem though and can behave better on some PC games). I bought the T300 a couple weeks ago and I'm really loving how much better it feels over the G27, even though I can't say so far it has dramatically improved actual laptimes because I haven't got that much game time in since I'm in the middle of a move and setting everything up. But I know this.. if GT7 has an accurate tire wear model, that fine FFB detail (along with the auditory side) should give a significant advantage in making the tires last longer, which could almost then be considerd cheating I guess... yikes.

Seriously for the extra money it's totally worth it, I don't neccessarily have anything against Logitech, but the announced price of $399 minus the shifter for an 8 year old design (even though we don't know details of possible internal revisions) is too much for my liking. IMO $349 with the shifter in the box would make more sense. It's just too close to the price of a way better wheel. Of course the Fanatec option comes with a rather staggering pricetag but those who own it say it is much better than the Thrustmasters.. though I'm not sure you really need that unless you're a pure racecar head and need the authenic power-steering-less strength at all times.

No. I'm not gambling on sketchy reliability of TMs, plus a T80 sounds like a cheap downgrade from a G25. I'll be getting FM6 on XB1 for my car fix since 5 was playable on a pad and arcade racers like Trackmania Turbo for the racing part (I already have Driveclub and The Crew). My sim racing days with a wheel are done after GT6 and none of the future sims (GT7, pCARS, AC), no matter how good they may be, I'm not buying them as they deserve none of my cash with this ongoing wheel support farce. I will continue to use my G25 on GT6 and PS3 until it flat out dies on me.

If the G29 had been cheaper, then I would've considered one, but since it isn't, Logi can simply sod off.

Yes The Thrustmaster T80 is a very inexpensive wheel, it is basically a modified DS4 LOL:lol:! But it is very precision in Steering and Throttle and Brake control , A LOT more precise than you can every get with A D-Pad, and if you like to race Manual transmission, A D-Pad is extremely difficult, But since you are going to Xbone it wouldn't work, but the Thrusmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel will work, That is if you really still enjoy Wheel Racing, but if you would prefer a D-Pad, that is a choice that only you can make for yourself. I raced a Racing D-Pad for 15 years, and since I bought my Wheel, I would rather race no other way, But at least with a D-Pad it won't cost you anything extra, I thought about going to XBone simply for Porsche, but I think the PS4 is just a little bit better, judging from what the Tech guys say, I may get an XBone One in addition to my PS4 One Day, I will wait to see what happens in 2016 with Porsche and EA. Well anyway my friend enjoy the Xbone and Forza and Porsche, PORSCHE! I'm getting jealous:ill: LOL!

Last edited:
The T500 and 300 are simply a much higher quality FFB wheel because the torque curve of the motoers is way above that of the G's, giving a very realistic feeling and understanding of the vehicle and tires at the limit. The strength during minimal movemnets is full of information compared to the Logitechs, so the best physics advances don't mean much if you're not getting all the info the game can give. I guess I have noticed that there seems to be quite 'a lot' of complaints, but as is with all things, those who had a problem will speak about it and those who don't go out of their way praising that it's been reliable for them.

The Logitechs aren't without flaws either, I bought the G25 at launch im '07 amd it lasted for about 2 years before I started getting calibration problem and would throw itself off 20 deg. to the left after the first couple corners. Tried fixing it, it was apparently the optical position sensor that failed. Then I bought a DFGT to haul me over for a while and holy crap it was crap.. still have it in mint condition as I barely touhed it. I then bought a T500 and damn great wheel, used it for 3 months and then sold it as I moved for schooling and wasn't going to take it with me. Logitech G27 was next (bought used but mint) when GT6 came out.. quieter and perhaps stronger than the G25 due to revised gearing (helical gears vs straight).. but still such a notchy behaviour and the bad FFB deadzone (I hear it's mainly a GT problem though and can behave better on some PC games). I bought the T300 a couple weeks ago and I'm really loving how much better it feels over the G27, even though I can't say so far it has dramatically improved actual laptimes because I haven't got that much game time in since I'm in the middle of a move and setting everything up. But I know this.. if GT7 has an accurate tire wear model, that fine FFB detail (along with the auditory side) should give a significant advantage in making the tires last longer, which could almost then be considerd cheating I guess... yikes.

Seriously for the extra money it's totally worth it, I don't neccessarily have anything against Logitech, but the announced price of $399 minus the shifter for an 8 year old design (even though we don't know details of possible internal revisions) is too much for my liking. IMO $349 with the shifter in the box would make more sense. It's just too close to the price of a way better wheel. Of course the Fanatec option comes with a rather staggering pricetag but those who own it say it is much better than the Thrustmasters.. though I'm not sure you really need that unless you're a pure racecar head and need the authenic power-steering-less strength at all times.

FYI... Entry lvl Fanatec is $230 Porsche 911 gtr3 v2+base pedals. Great wheel and works w Project Cars and F1 2015 on PS4. Cheers!

Back