If you complete GT4:P is there a prize thing for GT4?

yeti
Bronze would be naff...

I'd be miffed if I did all that work to get all golds for some measly bronze licences!!

C.
It could be worse than that, remember GT2? When you import your GT license times it gave you the kiddie medal and only for A B license's, not IA or IC as it would have become.

The shame of the kiddie medal, I just had to go through and convert them to gold, got the cars as well though...

Mustang-man
That is exactly what i meant Scaff - the whole point being that you don't have to pass the early licence tests (say if you wanted to do a race but needed a beginners or whatever licence first) because they will already be completed - albeit in a bronze medal (even if you have gold in Prologue).

They have done this over that last few games and i haven't heard any complaints...

The reason why you get $10m in Concept is because the game itself doesn't allow spending of currency - so they help you out with GT3 instead.

It will not be fair on the Americans/Canadians etc if Prologue unlocks special stuff and it will not be fair on us in the PAL zone if the Americans etc get something we don't.
GT3 the Americans got something we Europeans didn't, although they weren't meant to, the Diablo and 911 (GT3). Since when have PD been fair though, the Japanse have got cars which weren't available in the States and Europe so it's wait and see. Personally I don't like the new school image in GT4P and hope it goes back to proper license test's as in the other 3 games. Seems they are just appealing to younger age groups in making them pretty colours.

God I sound old but there you go, thats my take on GTP4!!!

I will be mightily Peed Off if you start of with all Bronzes.

Then it makes this no better than a demo and therfore a total waste of money as Bronze could be obtained by virtually everyone in a hour or 2.

I bought this on the basis that the headstart is completing those licences so you can crack on with what we all want to play GT for in the 1st place and carry all your golds.

All gold has meant nothing before and it is about time it gets you something. especially as they say this is for dedicated hardcore fans. Therfore reward us, not rip us off.

As said in eariler thread I have over 10k, normally a magic mark in any other type of game and so far in Prologue it means sqwat. So hopefully it should have some addtional reward in GT4.

The points system hopefully could and will be used to gauge the skillset of the driver and reward you as you reach certain point levels. In other words open up new possibilities depending upon how many points you have. That is the best use I can see for points as face it, it isn't hard to earn cash to buy cars.

Mustang-man
It will not be fair on the Americans/Canadians etc if Prologue unlocks special stuff and it will not be fair on us in the PAL zone if the Americans etc get something we don't.
it´s all about buisiness and sales figures.
what´s the BS about fair or not fair?
as long as you have different TV-standards and therefor seperate games you can´t talk of equal games.

GTJugend
Whatever it turns out to be I wont take the eventual advantage. I want to complete gt4 from scratch.

But if it gives you access to something you'll never be able to unlock in gt4 it's another issue.

That's exactly my motto on such a great game (please don't flame, b'coz the game ain't gonna blow, right? )

It's the exact same thing i avoided doing with GT3 and GT Concept. Once you get past a certain point in Concept, the bonus is 10 million credits for GT3 (please correct me if i'm wrong). Now, i was almost done with Concept but in GT3 only had the Miata.....i would have usen some extra money, but that's exactly cheating, ain't it ? :yuck:

puricele7e
That's exactly my motto on such a great game (please don't flame, b'coz the game ain't gonna blow, right? )

It's the exact same thing i avoided doing with GT3 and GT Concept. Once you get past a certain point in Concept, the bonus is 10 million credits for GT3 (please correct me if i'm wrong). Now, i was almost done with Concept but in GT3 only had the Miata.....i would have usen some extra money, but that's exactly cheating, ain't it ? :yuck:
Depends on what you class as cheating, most would see that as a reward for completing GTC and therefore would use the money so that they don't have to race the same race over & over to get enough money to upgrade the car, or buy their next car. You could have saved the GT3 game on another card and then gone back to it after playing the other version in which you had all that money.

Personally, when I start GT4 I'm going to have any cars that I have won in GT, GT2 & GT3, if they are available, plus any money that I have won and kept and the number of days will be incremental. You might see it as cheating but I see each game as a continuation in a series and therefore I don't want to lose or have to re-win each car that I have won in a prevouis version.

Yes, you've got a point there 👍 but just beginning a game with a head start is not cheating, just that you don't enjoy it so much.... I like to discover things in games, not to have some of them already at the beginning....

This happened to me when I played Prologue, it felt excelent, but it would have been better if i was to discover the bonus cars and not to already own them :sly: I mean to already know what cars i was about to own ;)

Oh, another thing: about the tuned and racing cars you get a bit later in the game, don't flame but i really don't enjoy them that much :(

I mean they are great, fast look nice and are able to win races, but the most i enjoy in Gran Turismo is just doing time attacks or single races with 100% stock cars (maybe on sports tires, but not more). You can feel the exact character of each car, that's what i appreciate(sp?) about this game 👍

Of course, the real GT mode (money, tuning) is way better, but just for getting that feeling i play now A LOT more GT4:P than GT3, even though i'm only 'bout 60% done in GT3

I don't get why people even thing GT4P has anything to do with GT4. Be it prizes, free ride in the school mode or any of that stuff. Why? Why would you want the school moe already completed in GT4 when you get it. Isn't part of the fun playing the game? Can't GT4P just be a game, just play it and enjoy it and don't expect anything other than the fun it was to complete?

Sorry for the rant but I just don't get this.

However, in PD's way of "rewarding you" after completing something expect a video, that is what they have had almost everytime.

kensei
I don't get why people even thing GT4P has anything to do with GT4. Be it prizes, free ride in the school mode or any of that stuff. Why? Why would you want the school moe already completed in GT4 when you get it. Isn't part of the fun playing the game? Can't GT4P just be a game, just play it and enjoy it and don't expect anything other than the fun it was to complete?

because it's called GT4 prologue, it was aimed at people who couldn't wait for GT4 (like myself) and was marketed as such. I would expect the tests in GT4P to be in GT4.

okoj
because it's called GT4 prologue, it was aimed at people who couldn't wait for GT4 (like myself) and was marketed as such. I would expect the tests in GT4P to be in GT4.

I really don't, all the tests are done after all ONLY in Prologue cars on Prologue tracks, plus the physics are if not much, than slightly different enough not to make the 2 kinds of schools compatible :dopey: :dopey:

Some of them MAY be in GT4, but i don't think all of them will make it in :dunce:

It was also marketed as having a head start for GT4... unless they just mean the actual game and getting used to the tracks is the headstart and it was badly translated from Japanese or something?!

C.

okoj

Why?

I own Prologue (and live in the USA, though bought GT4P in Japan), I've played it through a once and am currently working through it for all golds. It's a fun game, I have completed the "school" mode - but if that means when I load up GT4 and the "school/license" mode is complete and I don't have to do it I am wiping the memory card and starting over. I want to do the tests, that is part of the fun of the game. I just don't get why people expect GT4P to get them a free ride in GT4.

As I remember it was marketted as a "prolouge". A game that introduces the new (latest build at the time) physics engine, new tracks and the overall improved GUI. I don't remember any marketing speak about GT4P doing anything other than providing a sneak peak at GT4.

pro·logue also pro·log ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(prlôg, -lg)
n.
An introduction or preface, especially a poem recited to introduce a play.

An introduction or introductory chapter, as to a novel.

An introductory act, event, or period.

It is an introduction that is all

yeti
It was also marketed as having a head start for GT4... unless they just mean the actual game and getting used to the tracks is the headstart and it was badly translated from Japanese or something?!

C.

You hit the nail on the head. That wasn't badly translated for japanese. The japanese magazines I have about GT4P and even the box art itself all mention it being a "sneak peak" of GT4, nothing more, nothing less.

kensei
Why?

I own Prologue (and live in the USA, though bought GT4P in Japan), I've played it through a once and am currently working through it for all golds. It's a fun game, I have completed the "school" mode - but if that means when I load up GT4 and the "school/license" mode is complete and I don't have to do it I am wiping the memory card and starting over. I want to do the tests, that is part of the fun of the game. I just don't get why people expect GT4P to get them a free ride in GT4.

As I remember it was marketted as a "prolouge". A game that introduces the new (latest build at the time) physics engine, new tracks and the overall improved GUI. I don't remember any marketing speak about GT4P doing anything other than providing a sneak peak at GT4.

pro·logue also pro·log ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(prlôg, -lg)
n.
An introduction or preface, especially a poem recited to introduce a play.

An introduction or introductory chapter, as to a novel.

An introductory act, event, or period.

It is an introduction that is all

I didn't say that they would be the only tests in GT4, they are a sample, a first taste, a sneak peek, an introduction. Otherwise it would have been called GT3.9 or something.

I'm hoping the final build of GT4 will have at least five times as many tests.

okoj
I didn't say that they would be the only tests in GT4, they are a sample, a first taste, a sneak peek, an introduction. Otherwise it would have been called GT3.9 or something.

I'm hoping the final build of GT4 will have at least five times as many tests.

I don't think you'll see more test in GT4 than were in GT4P, at least not a significant number more. I think you will see some of the same ones, some new ones andmaybe some older ones (i.e. - those damn circle tests in GT3).

I'd also like to see the introduction of "track time" before you can get higher licenses. Like you need to have 50 days or 3000 miles before you can even qualify for taking the "S" license.

kensei
I'd also like to see the introduction of "track time" before you can get higher licenses. Like you need to have 50 days or 3000 miles before you can even qualify for taking the "S" license.

This would only hinder the better players who would have not struggled with the earlier tests... Also the Day limit wouldn't do much as they pass with every Test taken... Miles would work though!!!

I know that when I got GT2 the first thing I did was get all the licences (cept Rally) and then I did similar with GT3... (Cept Rally and Special)

Basically I did it that way cos I wanted to get them out of the way and never have to do them again... and the first 30 or so are always pretty easy and you can get them down in half an hour or so!!

C.

yeti
This would only hinder the better players who would have not struggled with the earlier tests... Also the Day limit wouldn't do much as they pass with every Test taken... Miles would work though!!!

I know that when I got GT2 the first thing I did was get all the licences (cept Rally) and then I did similar with GT3... (Cept Rally and Special)

Basically I did it that way cos I wanted to get them out of the way and never have to do them again... and the first 30 or so are always pretty easy and you can get them down in half an hour or so!!

C.

well my reasoning was with a miles driven (or days, I agree miles/kms is better) is that a total new person wouldn't be able to get all the licenses up front and then start out with a 1200hp Skyline or something and get blasted off the road. I started that way when i first got GT3 but got frustrated when i couldn't keep the car on the track. I restarted the game and played through one license at a time with cars appropriate for a given league and learned alot. if I just blasted around the game in the super power car I would never have learned anything.

I'm faster for having taken my time.

I doubt PD will ever do this, since alot of people just want to blast around the game in a 1200hp skyline (or some such car). They could care less about learning to drive, etc etc.

kensei
well my reasoning was with a miles driven (or days, I agree miles/kms is better) is that a total new person wouldn't be able to get all the licenses up front and then start out with a 1200hp Skyline or something and get blasted off the road. I started that way when i first got GT3 but got frustrated when i couldn't keep the car on the track. I restarted the game and played through one license at a time with cars appropriate for a given league and learned alot. if I just blasted around the game in the super power car I would never have learned anything.

I'm faster for having taken my time.

I doubt PD will ever do this, since alot of people just want to blast around the game in a 1200hp skyline (or some such car). They could care less about learning to drive, etc etc.

I can definitely see your point... and it would work for those people that get all gold early on (and get free cars!) otherwise though I can't see it really making much effect.

Unless you get all gold though you still have to start out in a slow car and work your money up to the big leagues...

I'm not sure what approach I will do in GT4... I'll be anxious to start the game and get racing... so I suspect I'll get the first licence down (That said only if it's not done for me via prologue!) and get me a car and go racing...

C.

alrite i hope somebody can answer my question.
i have Japanese gt4, australian gt3 &gt4P
upon starting gt4, i received the 10,000Cr. (i think thats how much it was), yet i did not get the free licences from prologue!!
im bothered by this as i want to start a new file (accidentally deleted my car, bloody japanese!!!)
thanks, nimbus

Nimbus:

I have an American GT3 save, and a Chinese GT4:P save. I just got my copy of GT4 Chinese (to match my Prologue) and I also got 10,000 cr. I finished Prologue, missing 3 of the "all gold" cars. Maybe after we get all golds and unlock ALL the cars?

Other than that, I guess there's no incentive. Boo. =(

the money thing is not true at all.

you get 10.000Cr for chinese version and 1.000.000Cr for japanese version (actually it's worth the same, because chinese game has all the prices same as japanese without two zeros at the end :D)

vipersan
the money thing is not true at all.

you get 10.000Cr for chinese version and 1.000.000Cr for japanese version (actually it's worth the same, because chinese game has all the prices same as japanese without two zeros at the end :D)

!! I was wondering about this. Thanks for the indirect answer! =)

The Locust
!! I was wondering about this. Thanks for the indirect answer! =)

So whats up guys....the game is out in US now....

Anybody can cofirm the Rewards Discution...??

Also would a Pal GT4:P save work with a US GT4 and GT3 A-spec or i'll need to get a hold of a Pal GT4 and GT3 A-spec.

I don't think saves from other versions will get you licenses or credits, at least I've only read about negative results when people tried that.

Back