If you could buy just ONE DTM car, which one would it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scuudz
  • 53 comments
  • 3,339 views
Messages
295
I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere, but basically I don't have a lot of cedits, nor do I have the time to grind for credits. I have a couple of super cars and a JGTC car. It's time to add a DTM car to my collection, but can afford just one at the moment. Which one would you suggest I get?
 
The Astra did a good job for me, but I think i would take the TT now. The Astra was the only available car when I needed it.

If I could pick one for me in reality, I would take the 190 though.
 
I got the M3GTR, but I wish I'd got the MB 190, so much cooler…
 
Well I own the M3 GTR, Audi A4 touring, Audi TT-r touring, and the CLK touring. I love them all, but my favorite is probably the A4 touring. Feels like it just sticks like glue to the road. Also, even after oil changing them all I believe the A4 has the highest HP too.
 
I still wonder why the M3 GTR Race Car is aloud to compete in the DTM class championship...
 
The A4 is good but personally I prefer the CLK, I managed 6:17.402 around the ring in the CLK.
 
I own them all except the one you win for the 4 hour Endurance at the Ring.

If I went for one it would be Audi A4 or the Abt Audi TT. They are the most fun to drive.

If I wanted the fastest I'd go for the CLK.

My advice is keep them in stock condition and only add an oil change. They are so much fun in that condition. Plain awesome.
 
I got the ISF, because of the sound.
 
AbT TT...
The awesome aero car. 👍
 
Abt Audi TT

Awesome car indeed ;)

I also have the Alfa 155 (4WD), but it doesn't have as much power as the Audi ;)
 
Go for the CLK Touring Car and apply Deutsch Rennen's tune. I'm shouting taking it round the nurburgring is worth the price of the game alone.
 
From memory (I'm not home right now), I think I have the A4, TT, CLK, Astra, M3 GTR available to buy in the dealerships at the moment. Almost bought the Alfa a couple of days ago, but decided to wait for some feedback.

Will probably go with the A4 since it sounds from the above posts that it has the best handling, which is important to me since I use a controller. I also think it looks the coolest :)
 
I got the Lexus ISF because of the price...only 750k....but now I have most of the touring cars and they're all fun...
 
I'm a big fan of the Alfa 155, its 4WD as well so it has a bit more grip.
 
CLK tops them all.
Have tried them all, but CLK holds the best lap on the Ring for me 6:07,600.
 
Calibra. Looks mean, sounds meaner, and has grip in the corners that's more tenacious than a fat kid holding onto a candybar.
 
155 Touring Car. It's my favorite of the lot and it does drive well.
 
Well I own the M3 GTR, Audi A4 touring, Audi TT-r touring, and the CLK touring. I love them all, but my favorite is probably the A4 touring. Feels like it just sticks like glue to the road. Also, even after oil changing them all I believe the A4 has the highest HP too.

Second this.
 
I have all the DTM cars and they all handle ok, some better than others though. The CLK is by far the fastest around the Ring. With all upgrades, except Chassis Reinforcement, I have done a 6:01.5 on Nordschleife with everything off, except ABS=1. Also with default setup but it was in practise mode. Im sure a sub 6 min is possible, also online.

It also has better specs than the others. Only car with 50/70 downforce and weighs only 1000kg as opposed to 1080kg for the Audis and even 1120kg for the BMW. The BMW can be tuned to 678HP though and can also do sub 6 min times on Nordschleife online, but it is alot more difficult to handle than the CLK, atleast with the default setups.
 
The Audi's, Astra, and CLK seem very evenly matched. I've been in a great DTM racing lobby for two days. Great drivers and close racing. Different cars win, but only out of these three. I have all three, and they all drive very similar.

I would just pick the one you think look the best. Simple as that.
 
I have all of the DTM cars and the CLK is by far my favorite . I really wish they added some new DTM cars ,maybe with a DLC or something:rolleyes:
 
I have all of the DTM cars and the CLK is by far my favorite . I really wish they added some new DTM cars ,maybe with a DLC or something:rolleyes:

I wish they would have just cleaned up the models. I love the CLK but its possibly the WORST looking model in the game, it looks like its from GT1!
 
I have loved the Alfa 155 since GT3!! Awesome car, looks great and drives really well. Only thing is, i wish it had a touch more power Scotti!!
 
Back