If you could have a toy car, what would it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 006r
  • 71 comments
  • 2,687 views
Messages
170
This is not, what is my dream car thread, this is a realistic, if you had a boring daily driver and yet had a project or toy car at home to take to the track, autocross, or just flog around town until the police catch up....what would it be. I am thinking something not too expensive (on my budget, others "toy" budgets are probably bigger) something around or even under $10K. A few ideas to start are this:

- 90's 300ZX TT
- RX-7 FC (maybe FD) turbo
- 2.5 RS 1999-01'
- WRX, non sti but at least stage 2
- Galant VR-4


Just to start, post ideas as you think of them...
 
I dunno. I'd like LOTS of 1/64th GT cars. Perhaps the entire 2007 SuperGT lineup, throw in the DTM lineup, and the FIA GT and ALMS GT lineups, too. All in hot wheels scale.

Oh, wait, you mean cars I can DRIVE!

Meh, AE86.
 
Meh, AE86.
Meh is right. You can do so much better for the same money.

I'd probably have a turbo- or supercharged early '90s Miata.
 
Meh is right. You can do so much better for the same money.

I'd probably have a turbo- or supercharged early '90s Miata.

But not quite as cool ;-) (Each to his own and all)

Mine is sitting in the window as I type : Dark metallic green 1978 Porsche 911 Turbo !... (Matchbox Super Fast model K-70)
 
How about a MR2 turbo...probably kinda rare to find cheap??
 
A TVR Chimera and run it into the ground.
 
I have one. I'd like it supercharged though :)

I'd like a Mk1 MX5 as well, and would have one instead of the Volvo if I didn't need the space for Scouts stuff.
 
Roo
I have one. I'd like it supercharged though :)

+1 to that.

Either a classic Mini or a Datsun 510 with the SR20 letters and numbers engine in it.
 
For me and where I live, I'd be quite happy to frang around in a completely stripped out 1st gen. MX-5 (Eunos Roadster here) or an EG6 Civic SiR.
 
For me, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I mean, can you just imagine a small toy car flying around the house?
 
I'd probably have an NA Miata or an old Second Generation Camaro. Both are lightweight, cheap, and easy to work on... Furthermore, both have an extremely wide variety of things you can do to it.
 
I already have a fun car (MX-5) :D

If I could add to it, then i'd either have an S1 Elise or a Lancer Evo V.
 
I'd probably have a turbo- or supercharged early '90s Miata.

Me too.

Or a Mk1 Escort - Standard-ish looking but tweaked where it needs to be for fast road/tarmac rally action.
 
-Z32 300ZX Twin turbo
-E36 M3
-C4 Corvette, preferably '89 and up so it would have a 6 speed, not that stupid 4+3 transmission they came with before that.
 
I already have mine; Mercedes-Benz 190E 2,3-16

A very nice car to play with :p
 
At the moment...

08 Dodge Viper SRT/10 Coupe

08/09 BMW M3
 
remember guys $10K which rules out the later model cars just posted...

btw a old school camaro...or commodore would do
 
If the money limit was gone, the 08 Viper ACR or the BMW in my 'tar...

but with the money limit... '88 Lotus Espirit turbo on uk auto trader for £6k. lol
 
Oh... Not "toy" as in 1:18 Metal Model. :dunce:
 
Money an issue? South African CKD '90 BMW 333i The only E30 to be "factory" equipped with the M30 engine.

Money no object? '73 BMW 3.0 CSL
 
2.0 clio williams (1) Waiting for my next years no claims to tick past....
 
I already have my toy: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2494208

Porsche 914 with an H22 :drool:

Now that would be awsome.

+1 to that.

Either a classic Mini or a Datsun 510 with the SR20 letters and numbers engine in it.

This would be equally as awsome.

I'd probably have an NA Miata or an old Second Generation Camaro. Both are lightweight, cheap, and easy to work on... Furthermore, both have an extremely wide variety of things you can do to it.

No love for the 3rd gens?
 
I'd love to build an EF or EG chassis Civic hatchback into a race car. As a budget racer they're way high on the list, up there with Miatas and...Miatas. But it takes quite a different approach to make them go as fast, and I like the challenge.
 
with Miatas and...Miatas. But it takes quite a different approach to make them go as fast, and I like the challenge.

Solution to your Miata problem: Ford 302ci V8. I've seen it done in person, its quite insane.
 
I think I would like a fox body 5.0 Mustang, mk2-mk3 Gti, an old Sentra se-r, 3rd gen Camaro t-tops, and a 4th gen Mustang (5speed v8 or v6)
 
Porsche 944 is money is an issue.
Porsche 911 GT3 if money is not an issue.
 
Back