If you had the chance to make GT5, how in depth would you go?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 42 comments
  • 3,436 views
Messages
2,119
United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
Messages
FanofGT5
Besides graphics, a.i., sfx & music etc.I mean the vehicle side of things like car maintenance, performance upgrades, parts & accessories, body modifications & learning new driving skills etc :).
 
As far as you can go. Although I think polyphony has a good balance of improving vital parts of the game and adding new features.

But having the ability to try different performance parts and ones available for your car only
 
I would include everything that you all ask for....
- most realistic damage
- storefront
- license
- smoke and skidmarks
- backup lights
- less skylines and more of the non-japanese cars
- more classics
- options for personalized cockpit view
- tuning sections
- interior trim change
- track editor
- weather / season change (with real time feedback)
- real local time change
etc etc ...

EDIT: of course without forgetting more leaf on trees and 3D trees, and climate change/enviroment messages (save/hug the trees).
 
besides track racing I would add a free-roam mode where you can drive around beautifull real-life locations, off course with real-time day/night cycle and changing weather conditions, not only rain but snow so if you drive around long enough the entire landscape will be white, and road conditions would also change off course.
 
If i had the chance, WRC and point to point stages would be a big part of the game. Also I would be really focused on the costumization, specially the engine costumization.
 
12 if I had a shovel
 
Isn't this just a wishlist thread in disguise?
 
If I were in charge of developing GT5 (or any GT game for that matter) I would implement a story mode of sorts in which you start off with a small amount of credits to buy a weekend racer. From there you have a choice of autocross events, track days, whatever else. If you did well you'd move through the natural progression of things and be able to choose which racing path you took from NASCAR, rally, F1, Le Mans, etc. This would allow people to play the game in several different ways choosing a different path each time. This would also eliminate the need to play a segment which you did not like.

I think the problem with a lot of racing titles is that there is no depth, you race cars around tracks to get money to buy slightly faster cars. Unless you are really into driving a virtual car racing games can get pretty boring fairly quickly. If there is something more to build on and work towards I think it would attract more people to the series.

I guess in an ideal world I'd have an RPG/Racer game.
 
i hate wishlists, although it's almost christmas.
I have only one wishlist, with one item on it!
 
Graphics plummet in priority. Pour a huge amount of work into the physics, there would be no doubt as to what the focus of the game would be.

Everything is an option, the only right way to play is how the individual player wants to play. Default has all cars, tracks, etc open from the beginning, though players could go for the old way of they wanted.

Online is the center of the game, with all real world race series replicated online and managed by me/PD. Users can also create any custom race or series they want. The game will also include a car creation mode, so you could even create your own kind of car for a particular series.
 
It's not a wish list, because the game is already in production:p.
 
I posted this before.


"PD could do a weekly event were you complete 8 stages online with car restrictions or whatever they want.Each stage would be added together and you would get the final time like in a real WRC event.
Hopefully It would have live sector splits against you nearest competitor,or the rally leader,you could do all sorts with it."

I'd like Grand Prix 3 style race weekends later on in the game,limited number of tyres,running time,the way failures were handled.
 
I would go to a depth that only took 5 years to release, and we'd have had a great game last christmas. And I'd now be adding what didn't make the first cut to the sequel to be released about 3 years later.
 
I would include everything that you all ask for....
- most realistic damage
- storefront
- license
- smoke and skidmarks
- backup lights
- less skylines and more of the non-japanese cars
- more classics
- options for personalized cockpit view
- tuning sections
- interior trim change
- track editor
- weather / season change (with real time feedback)
- real local time change
etc etc ...

EDIT: of course without forgetting more leaf on trees and 3D trees, and climate change/enviroment messages (save/hug the trees).

That prety much covers it for me as well!
 
I would redesign the Wheels and Pedals available from manufacturers and add this headset (which ive seen from Japan) that actually alters your equilibrium to sort of "radio control" a person(using the receptors in your ears) to simulate gravity and G-Forces, hit the gas you're pushed back, brake you dip forward.

The game itself is great i would just add details like weather, rain snow and sand storms, tire marks, on the track as well as grass and sand, improve the Rally experience and have more "driving" roads, so you can just cruise to some nice scenery instead of having a race.
 
I would make it the way I want it to be and if the fans didnt like it then tough.
 
I'm glad Kaz is still in control :)

It's easy to say I would do this and that.
 
I'd just tell everyone else to do the job while I slack off and play golf.
 
Obviously it would have every car ever made, every track ever built, be the best looking thing since real life and have 100% accurate physics, and it would have been ready 3 years ago. Obviously.
 
Expanding on the custom race series I mentioned before, would anyone be interested in removing tuning restrictions to create new race car classes/new types of cars for existing classes?

For example, in every GT game, weight reduction is a function of stock weight. So untuned, car is X lbs, Stage 1 weight reduction is .95X, 2 is .9X, 3 is .8X, etc. Why not just let players tune the cars to such a degree, that they are essentially new? With enough modification, any car can shrink down to about 2000 lbs (or less). I think it would be nice to do something like take Mitsubishi Eclipse and turn it into a competitive mid 90's GT1 LeMans racer (CLK GTR, McLaren F1, 911 GT1, etc). Attempting such a thing in past GT's would result in a 700 hp turbo lag FWD monster that's useless for anything except showing off. If we were able to switch the drivetrain, replace (not lightly modify) the chassis, fine tune the aerodynamics in the most detail possible, etc, we could do it.

I think it should be doable in game, at least for higher performance cars. PD could just get a bunch of average data for cars of certain classes, and allow "heavy modifications" that boost your car to those levels.
 
Expanding on the custom race series I mentioned before, would anyone be interested in removing tuning restrictions to create new race car classes/new types of cars for existing classes?

For example, in every GT game, weight reduction is a function of stock weight. So untuned, car is X lbs, Stage 1 weight reduction is .95X, 2 is .9X, 3 is .8X, etc. Why not just let players tune the cars to such a degree, that they are essentially new? With enough modification, any car can shrink down to about 2000 lbs (or less). I think it would be nice to do something like take Mitsubishi Eclipse and turn it into a competitive mid 90's GT1 LeMans racer (CLK GTR, McLaren F1, 911 GT1, etc). Attempting such a thing in past GT's would result in a 700 hp turbo lag FWD monster that's useless for anything except showing off. If we were able to switch the drivetrain, replace (not lightly modify) the chassis, fine tune the aerodynamics in the most detail possible, etc, we could do it.

I think it should be doable in game, at least for higher performance cars. PD could just get a bunch of average data for cars of certain classes, and allow "heavy modifications" that boost your car to those levels.



You got some great ideas there.👍
 
If I were in charge of developing GT5 (or any GT game for that matter) I would implement a story mode of sorts in which you start off with a small amount of credits to buy a weekend racer. From there you have a choice of autocross events, track days, whatever else. If you did well you'd move through the natural progression of things and be able to choose which racing path you took from NASCAR, rally, F1, Le Mans, etc. This would allow people to play the game in several different ways choosing a different path each time. This would also eliminate the need to play a segment which you did not like.

I think the problem with a lot of racing titles is that there is no depth, you race cars around tracks to get money to buy slightly faster cars. Unless you are really into driving a virtual car racing games can get pretty boring fairly quickly. If there is something more to build on and work towards I think it would attract more people to the series.

I guess in an ideal world I'd have an RPG/Racer game.

I agree:tup:. There needs to be something new & exciting to the racing genre.
 
I'd call Kaz and put him in charge while I just overlook and test everything he does :P
 
I'd call Kaz and put him in charge while I just overlook and test everything he does :P

Hehe agreed :dopey: (love those christmas hats)
 
I'd call Kaz and put him in charge while I just overlook and test everything he does :P

Oh, don't forget giving him a good nudge with a poker from time to time.
 
:crazy:Just had a stiff drink and thumbing though some old threads.

If there was unlimited money & resources.

10,000 cars,

500 tracks

amazing tunning / race mode section for 70% of the cars

amazing paint shop

realistic damage all cars

realistic mechanincal damage

everything you do in the game cost money, each set of tires, fuel etc.

GT WORLD DOMINATION --- COMES WITH PLAY STATION CONSULE AND RACE SIMULATOR (SEAT WHEEL PACKAGE), REQUIRES 500 GIG HARDDRIVE, 75% USED BY GAME, 25% FOR PHOTOS AND VIDEO FILES. GAME CAN NOT BE BAUGHT SEPERATLY
 
GT needs it's own console. :P
 
Back