If you had the chance to make GT5, how in depth would you go?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 42 comments
  • 3,439 views
Joey D and I are on the same wavelength. I've been meaning to re-consolidate posts I've based on a concept I had way back in March of 2005, after playing GT4 for a month solid. Shame I didn't know him back then, we could have kicked around a lot of ideas.

I shall return. ;)
 
How In Depth Would You Go If You Was In Charge of GT Series?

So far that I imagine by the time the ultimate race simulation game was released that your staff starts its own car company, or at least something along the lines of Ruff or Saleen.

So far that the ultimate race complex that has been designed from scratch for the game and has joint investers & car manufactures etc. sign on to build a real race complex that is 100% identical to the in game race complex.

So in depth that to call it a game or even refer to it as a game is foolish.
 
I'd do everything I possibly could to secure the 24 Hours of Lemons license.
 
If I made GT5 the game would cost at least 200 Million dollars to make, would take 20 years after I promised it'd be done in three months, and would be a total sales failure due to being extremely and deeply nerdy and car-borish.

PD is doing it fine I guess...
 
Already have an idea, actually it's more than an idea (it's actually planned out to some degree, "blueprinted" if you will) that could do away with just about every racing game out there. The only problem is that it would appeal to more of an immediate, smaller niche market than GT already does.
 
If i, and many of you i guess, had the talent, abilty and resources to create GT5 we all would make different choices, focus on different aspects and create a game we ourselves would love to play.
There are always certain features or choice of cars, etc. within GT i would like to see differently but overall it's the game which for 99% delivers anything i could wish for or even think of i suppose.
Because i'm sure to be surprised and delighted by new features within GT5 when it arrives, the only thing i would do differently seeing the whole development process from a consumer/fan's point of view is knowing when to tell something and when to keep my mouth shut.
 
If I was making GT5 I would scrap Nascar, WRC and other special licensed race events. I have nothing against any of those I just feel that it would be better to use generic or tune regular cars to match those standards.

I would also focus on a car creator mode. Literally build cars from the ground up(in a way that works for a console game). Use a system like that found in LittleBigPlanet (just more robust and have mouse and keyboard support) that is easy to use but allows a lot of flexibility. Basically have lots of premade parts(chassis, body panels etc....) that are both unique and from existing cars. These parts can be modified and shaped/trimmed and the system would allow parts to automatically adjust or fit together. Then obviously include the various types of engines, placements, suspensions etc.... but then also account for weight distribution (on all axis) as well as aerodynamics.

This would be my dream GT game. Similar in set up to that game APEX but more varied then just parts from concept cars.
 
If I was making GT5 I would scrap Nascar, WRC and other special licensed race events. I have nothing against any of those I just feel that it would be better to use generic or tune regular cars to match those standards.

I would also focus on a car creator mode. Literally build cars from the ground up(in a way that works for a console game). Use a system like that found in LittleBigPlanet (just more robust and have mouse and keyboard support) that is easy to use but allows a lot of flexibility. Basically have lots of premade parts(chassis, body panels etc....) that are both unique and from existing cars. These parts can be modified and shaped/trimmed and the system would allow parts to automatically adjust or fit together. Then obviously include the various types of engines, placements, suspensions etc.... but then also account for weight distribution (on all axis) as well as aerodynamics.

This would be my dream GT game. Similar in set up to that game APEX but more varied then just parts from concept cars.


You should see the RPG? hmmmm.... thread i made some time ago, it is almost similar to what you describe.;)👍
 
i d make better engine sounds
oh id try put more polygons to trees>:
Adds skidmarks btter smoke effects and pre rendered damage system..its impossible to make real damge system i mean impossible it takes a lot time i dont wanna waste my time to make it
 
You should see the RPG? hmmmm.... thread i made some time ago, it is almost similar to what you describe.;)👍


I remember reading that a while back. I cant remember the game(if you could call it that) but it was back in the late 80's maybe early 90's and it was nothing more then a 2D wind tunnel simulator for cars. It had some premade parts and you could build and trim your own designs and run tests. I enjoyed the hell out of it and have always wanted a game to be a more fleshed out concept of that. The Xbox game Apex when it was originally pitched was to be something like that but in the end it was nothing more then a concept car racer with premade designs.
 
Last edited:
Hello, I'll add to the original question also how much more fun would you add to GT5 or maybe GT6 in this case :) ?.
 
I make GT4 with GT5 graphics and physics, damage and online(wich is gona happen)
 
Back