If you had the power to change the tracks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter exhorst
  • 50 comments
  • 1,999 views
Messages
206
...what 3 tracks in GT4 would you get rid of, and what 3 tracks you would choose to replace them.

Mine:
Get rid of -
1. Fuji Speedway 80's
2. Infieon Stock Course (You hardly ever race on it in GT mode)
3. Fuji Speedway 2005 GT (whats the point? the difference is you miss a hairpin)

replace with -
1. Mount Panorama Bathurst
2. Shanghai Circuit
3. Spa Fronchorchomps
 
All Fuji tracks should have been removed except the '90s version.



As a matter of fact all the mini versions of tracks should have been removed... except for autumn ring mini.


I would take any good looking real or fictional course in return for it.
 
Bring back:

Special Stage R-12
Grindelwald
 
Out:
GT4 Midfield
Fuji 2005
Those Paris tracks

In:
GT3 Midfield
Pikes Peak
Grindelwald
 
OMFG hellz yea pikes peak!!! BRING IT BACK (so we can actually use the escudo)

cultus.gif

anybody remember this car from GT2?
 
Out:

Fuji 2005
Motegi Road Course
Motegi West

In:

Spa Francorchamps
Phillip Island
SS Route 12 (from GT1?)
 
Think thats R11 from GT1.. not the craphouse one in GT3! I won't that chicane back. hate the double hairpin.. way to ruin a track, just like Indy F1 track

how bout Red Rock Valley and Rome night and Tahiti Circuit
 
KaiZen
Think thats R11 from GT1.. not the craphouse one in GT3! I won't that chicane back. hate the double hairpin.. way to ruin a track, just like Indy F1 track

how bout Red Rock Valley and Rome night and Tahiti Circuit

oops my bad!

I still want Pikes Peak back!
 
11, that rings a bell. 💡

I didn't like the GT3 one, but Route 11 was my favourite track in GT1

(Sorry to veer slightly off-topic)
 
all the small ass european courses where u have to use a tiny car to actually have fun on it.

i'd make apricot hill longer and autumn ring longer because i like drifting those the most.
 
OUT:
Fuji 2005 F1
Fuji 2005 GT
Motegi Road (the long track)

IN:
Spa
Bathurst
Red Rock Valley (GT2)
 
Out
1 - Driving Park
2 - Aumtumn Ring
3 - Cathedral Rocks

In
1 - SSR11
2 - Change Seould to be more challengeing
3 - A night dirt rally stage
 
Out:
Hong Kong
Seoul
Tsukuba

In:
Silverstone
Spa-Francorchamps
Monza
 
Definitley get rid of some of those crappy city tracks (seoul, New york and opera paris) and bring in silverstone, Hungaoring, and maybe some other F1 tracks. It's annoying having an F1 car without a load of proprer F1 tracks to race it on. :indiff:
 
OUT
Gyhmkhama
Fuji 2005 GT
Tahiti Maze

IN
Bathurst
Special stage r11 (from GT1)
Pikes Peak
 
DQuaN
What's the difference?
All turns seem tighter in GT4. I used to love that track in GT3, and used it to test every car, but in GT4, I don´t anymore, since the flow of the track has been more or less destroyed. I really miss the full-throttle s-curves from GT3!
 
Out:
- George V Paris
- Fuji Speedway 2005 F
- Beginner Course

In:
- Red Rock Valley Speedway
- Grindelwald
- Rome Night
- Tahiti Road Course
 
Out:
Fuji GT 2005
Midfield (GT4)
Seoul
Driving Park Beginners Course
Motegi West

In:
SS-11 (GT3)
Midfield (GT3)
Complex String
Road America
Grindelwald

I do agree, the Midfield track has changed slightly between GT3 and 4. I liked the GT3 version better. And whoever said take out the smaller versions of the tracks (i.e. GV-E, AR-M, SC-W, SC-E, TRM-E), will you please try and understand that it is these tracks that make it possible to actually have a competitive race between ~63hp beasts like the Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappuccino. They are nice, short tracks and without them we would be without about ~150 vehicles to compete with. Besides, the longer tracks get boring after a while and the shorter ones are a change.
 
Out:
Fuji
Hong Kong
New York (I even live in NY an i want it out)
Motegi Road Course

In:
Grindelwald
Red Rock Valley
Mid-Field (GT3)
Spa-Francorchamps (My favorite track)
 
Out:
-Two of the Fuji Circuits
-Cathedral Rocks
-Driving Park

In:
-Gindelwald from GT2
-Some Point-To-Point tracks. Maybe a mountain road which could be driven uphill or downhill.
 
Dr.AK
Out:
-Two of the Fuji Circuits
-Cathedral Rocks
-Driving Park

In:
-Gindelwald from GT2
-Some Point-To-Point tracks. Maybe a mountain road which could be driven uphill or downhill.

Yes, a Touge style track as seen in Enthusia and other racing games like Auto Modelista would be a good addition.
 
Gone:
Hong Kong (no flow whatsoever)
Tsukuba (i groan everytime i see it coming up)
Suzuka (just too technical to be that long)

In:
They should create a Miami track, that would be sick
They need to have a better speedway...I know trm is a real one but i'm positive that we have speedways ten times better in america, but ea probably holds the license cause theyre nascar tracks
And i have to agree with pikes peak...at night that would be insane
 
A track to test top speed, located on a salty plain or desert 💡
 
I want to get rid or or rework every city tarck that has real long straights. I hate New York because I want to actually make turns. I don't need to see Times Square for a full 30 seconds. Give me some turns and creative routing.

I also want Las Vegas drag strip removed until they have it two player.

I would like to see added:

Road Atlanta (Petite LeMans)
Bring back Grindelwald
Pikes Peak definitely
 
redone - le sarthe II to either pre-porsche chicance or the short track the bikes race on.
add - gt1s version of ssr 11, both forwards and backwards.
redone - all the rally courses including the citta and costa so that they dont start and end in the same place. no more lapping.

theres a lot of tracks id like to add, road america, road atlanta, spa, etc etc ... but, i wont get that into it.
 
out Costa Di Amalfi, even the ai cant get round the chicane without hitting the wall (or just get rid of the chicane coz the tracks ok)
out George Paris......why did they even bother?
out Hong Kong too much point and squirt as F1 drivers say

in Bastogne 1904-07 version all 73.4 miles (or am i the only strange one to think a circuit that long will be fun and a challange)
in Elkhart Lake so fast, such a nice circuit [empty space] agrees!
in Daytona to replace that crappy japanese oval
 
I don't know that I'd take any out, maybe Tsukuba (or just use it less).

But I'd add Road America, Spa and the old Monza track with the famous Monza wall, and maybe the Mille Miglia track (1000 miles of country roads). Oh there are so many tracks I'd like to "drive" on that no longer exist like Meadowdale. I could go on...
 
Out:

Gymkhana
Beginner Course
Seoul

In:

Red Rock Canyon
Special Stage 11 (GT1 or GT3, loved them both)
Road Atlanta
Lime Rock
Mid-America
Cleveland Grand Prix (on the airport)
 
Back