If you had the power to change the tracks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter exhorst
  • 50 comments
  • 1,999 views
Out:
Tsukuba
Midfield
Gymkhana
Fuji 2005 (both of them)

In:
Midfield (Pre-GT4)
Nurburgring (F1 course)
Nurburgring full
Red Rock
Bathurst
Mexico City
Indianapolis
 
If I had a chance to decide?
I will be the one who will dare to remove all the "not real life" tracks and I will continue to reproduce every square inches of the famous tracks (since the last 4 decades at least) around the world like they did with Suzuka, Infineon or the Nurb.:

- A nice selection:
of the formula 1 tracks,
of the British BTCC tracks,
of the German DTM tracks,
of the Japanese JGTC tracks,
of the American Trans Am tracks,
etc.

I don't even understand why they didn't do that since the first Gran Turismo...
And contrary to several members here, I love Suzuka and Tsukuba track!
 
Out:
gt4 Midfield
Hong Kong
suzuka

In:
gt3 midfield
Pikes pike
silverstone
 
Out:
Fuji 2005
Ice Palace
Tskuba

In:
Road Atlanta
Mosport
Spa Francochamps
 
Out:
Tsukaba
Any one of the 4 or 5 Fuji tracks (3 would be plenty :P )
Hong Kong

In:
Road Atlanta!
Watkins Glen
Every track that was in previous GTs and they took out (SSR11, Grindelwald, Point-to-point rally races, Red Rock, etc.)
More real-life tracks, I'll take anything! (prefereably ones with some history)
 
For me
Out:
Suzuka Circuit West course
Motegi Circuit West course
Infineon Stock Car course
Beginner Course
In:
SS R11 (GT Version)
Complex String
SS R11 in WET
Pikes Peak

And yes, I remember the CULTUS.
 
out:
-Hong Kong
-all fuji's except 80's and 90's
-Séoul

In:
-Mont Tremblant ( Quebec, Canada)
-Road America/Atlanta
-Monza
-Spa-Francorchamps (Old and new)
here is a nice link to see what the old Spa was like(click the turn's name to see pics)
SPA
 
Out:
Seoul (Not enough of a challenge
Fuji 2005 GT
Cittari De whatever....

In:
Spa
Road Atlanta
And maybe a rip-off of Forza's Sunset Peninsula Infield, or something like that!
I love infields!
 
Out-
01) Overuse of one layout of Tsukuba. It can be enjoyable, but not in a 2CV topped out @ 45mph....on juice. Mix it up a bit, throw in the chicane just past the first Dunlop advert, or even use the short version of the course for say the Subaru 360 type races.

02) Fuji 2005, both layouts, can't get a feel for them

03) Hong Kong, see above


In-
01) Tahiti Road (GT2)

02) All previous rally tracks, and if no Pike's Peak (licensing issues?) then maybe some Baja/Dakar style waypoint races. Gives a reason to keep the Rally Raid trucks in.

03) Red Rock ....I'd willingly swap High Speed Ring for this one
 
Dont remove any tracks. Make some alterations to some of the exsisting tracks where need be but none of them really need to be removed.

Added:

All versions of real life tracks dating from way back. Such as the very first circuit de la sarthe. Both the F1 Spa and the old massive Spa Francorchamps circuit.

And im stoked BigJoe mentioned the Mille Milgia!! That would be the most insane track ever! And PS3 could probably stream the whole thing in one go!
 
Team666
All turns seem tighter in GT4. I used to love that track in GT3, and used it to test every car, but in GT4, I don´t anymore, since the flow of the track has been more or less destroyed. I really miss the full-throttle s-curves from GT3!


right, the s-curve in GT4 Midfield is kinda slow unlike the GT3 version it's fast...
 
Out
All dirt and snow tracks, If i wanted to do rallying Id play WRC or Colin McCrae, When I want to play Gran Turismo I want to race Grand Tourers.
NY and Hong Kong, niether has a decent flow.
All the Fuji tracks except for the 80s and 90s.

In
Midfield GT3 Id like both tracks in
SSR11 or whatever it was called from GT1, not the cruddy GT3 version
Grindenwald and Red Rock Valley from GT2
Spa, old and circa 1998
Variations of Monza, including the banked version, pre chicanes and current
 
Out:
All of the Fuji's except the 90's one
Hong Kong
Tsukaba
Opera Paris

In:
Hockenheim (the long version)
Silverstone
A1 Ring
Brands Hatch
Magny Cours
 
Outgoers:

1. Seoul (too straightforward)
2. El Capitan Reverse (why cant't we just run it the right way?)
3. Twin Ring Motegi Short Courses (one Motegi is enough)

Incomers:

1. Spa-Francorchamps (both versions)
2. Targa Florio, the ultimate race track in the world!
3. Some of the 50's and 60's F1 tracks
 
OUT:
Fuji 2005 F1
Fuji 2005 GT
Fuji (enter version here)

IN:
Spa
Bathurst
SSR11

Also replace the midfield and laguna seca with the gt3 versions.
 
in addition to my earlier post, does anybody remember one of the Australian tracks in TOCA Race Driver? The one with very many rolling hills ang tight corners? That would be great too.
 
I really hate two of the French circuits: Opera and the F1 one (dont know the exact name)
 
My changes would be...

Out:
Seoul Central

In:
Spa Francorchamps
The old Osterreichring
Monza
Wet versions of all the race tracks.
Red Rock Valley
Grindewald (from GT2)
 
i dont see what everyone has against Tsukuba...
tsukuba_165x168.gif

looks great to me. mildly chanenging and not too long. I do 15 lappers there all the time.

out:
all fuji circuts
the ring
both of these are too long for my liking. I know that I wouldnt go there to view a race in RL as you'd see the cars about 5 times in one race and that'd be it... :yuck:

in:
the new midfield rocks....
maybe bathurst's mt panaorama. or a few tight ones where you actually have to pick your OT spots...
 
Out: super oval.

In: Rome circuits, more real-life tracks(Brands hatch, Imola, monza, etc.), and the old test track(The new ones are weak).
 
i agree with ving, tsukuba is a cool track for drifting, but out with the ring? if it aint in gt5 i aint buying it!

also out, infineon, its more a rollercoaster than a track.
also agree with whoever said cleveland airport raceway
and how about a hill climb? ie the one used in the goodwood festival of speed?
 
Back