If you play with motion controls make sure you have vibration off

• Thread starter jp_footy
  • 4 comments
It's not April 1 :). Or were you being serious?

I haven't noticed anything after around a month with motion controls, and frequently driving in cockpit view.

Motion controls in Project Cars on the other hand turns the virtual steering wheel into a jittering mess.

I'm not joking, the vibration makes the controller move, which affects the steering. Try vibration off and then vibration high and get back to me.:D

I'll do that. Although even if it should happen to marginally improve my times I doubt I'll want to keep it turned off. A patch or two ago Project Cars had a bug with motion controls that caused constant vibration, so I had to turn it off. The game felt a lot more lifeless to me without any vibration feedback. Rumble effects are a far cry from the force feedback of a wheel, but they definitely still impact the overall experience for me.

I'll do that. Although even if it should happen to marginally improve my times I doubt I'll want to keep it turned off. A patch or two ago Project Cars had a bug with motion controls that caused constant vibration, so I had to turn it off. The game felt a lot more lifeless to me without any vibration feedback. Rumble effects are a far cry from the force feedback of a wheel, but they definitely still impact the overall experience for me.

No worries, but you really want the controller (or should I say wheel?) as steady as possible. It never entered my mind before as the vibration doesn't affect the buttons, but it DOES affect the motion controls.

Back