If You Think Your Day's Bad, At Least You Weren't Just Fired Over Twitter Like Kris Meeke...

Your right, here goes:

Since 2001 Citroen has been the only factory team to compete within the WRC. That's 17 years. The second longest serving factory team within that time period is Ford with 11 years. So to be in last place and not far off Toyota, (2 years in WRC), isnt positive for them.

And to say they could do better with a more consistent driver, perhaps but despite this Meeke has scored more points than any of his teammates so far.

With all their experience Citroen should be right at the top of the tree, the team to beat.
I agree it doesn't help but it's not all down to Meekes crashes.

Citroen as a manufacturer are used to dominating in the WRC so I'm sure the upper management are losing patience with the team which leads me to conclude they might be running out of lives.

No that's not true, 2001 they didn't run full time, it was a teething season, 2006 they weren't a factory team and then you have the years before the 2017 rules where they weren't a factory team either so...

God I would hope he has more points then his team mates, considering he is the only full time driver and the others don't have near his number of rallies...

They are use to dominating because they actually invested in the sport, this time around they're on a much tighter budget. To compare the two periods of time is silly. I think they axed him to one, not see a driver die on their dime, and two see development get on without the hiccups they've had due to these wrecks and inconsistent driving.

No that's not true, 2001 they didn't run full time, it was a teething season, 2006 they weren't a factory team and then you have the years before the 2017 rules where they weren't a factory team either so...

God I would hope he has more points then his team mates, considering he is the only full time driver and the others don't have near his number of rallies...

They are use to dominating because they actually invested in the sport, this time around they're on a much tighter budget. To compare the two periods of time is silly. I think they axed him to one, not see a driver die on their dime, and two see development get on without the hiccups they've had due to these wrecks and inconsistent driving.

My bad I meant 2003. They have been around in mostly factory form since then pretty much. So they are on a tighter budget than the other teams ?

My bad I meant 2003. They have been around in mostly factory form since then pretty much. So they are on a tighter budget than the other teams ?

Yes, since their return as an actual manufacture they've been on a tight budget compared to the others.

Last edited:
In rally you have to finish to get points so I'm sure (along with safety issues etc) it's a tough but logical decision plus kinder to Citroen' budget. The post title like many of today's so called journalistic writings is lazy - all superlatives and little relation to the facts.

Deserved firing.

Citroen have had to construct so many new chassis to deal with Meeke, to finish first you must finish. People using the excuse of "well the car was broken / not working properly". Yes it had issues last year but we haven't seen Breen, Loeb or even Khalid firing it off the road have we?

Also agree with @GOTMAXPOWER - silly headline. Does "Citroen fire Kris Meeke" not work as a headline or are we going full-on Carthrottle / Jalopnik now?

Deserved firing.

Citroen have had to construct so many new chassis to deal with Meeke, to finish first you must finish. People using the excuse of "well the car was broken / not working properly". Yes it had issues last year but we haven't seen Breen, Loeb or even Khalid firing it off the road have we?

Also agree with @GOTMAXPOWER - silly headline. Does "Citroen fire Kris Meeke" not work as a headline or are we going full-on Carthrottle / Jalopnik now?

Loeb crashed in Corsica, and in México it was a mistake that caused the puncture.

Breen crashed in Argentina 2017 & 2018 and Australia 2017 off the top of my head. And Wales 2016 in the previous-gen Citroën. Not related to Citroën but Breen lost a co-driver in a crash in 2012.

Khalid is just there for the rush. He's slow and doesn't push. Watch his onboards. I can't imagine it would be possible to bin it when he's 10s per km slower than his teammates.

Lefebvre has also crashed the C3.

Meeke's problem was taking risks with an undriveable car.

Meeke has driven this car way beyond its capabilities over the last few years,its simply not good enough to challenge for victorys,but he has managed to do so on many occasions ,Why! because he,s driving it over the limit,which is what it takes when you r in a non competative car,.His team mates have not been anywhere near scoring victorys because they are not ballsy ,good enough to drive this garbage car to its non existant potential.If Meeke hadnt been in this team what would the last few years have looked like for Citreon?Lets not forget who his mentor was.Its probably why he drives how he does,,but obviously its the only way to get a result out of this crap package..Shafted again Kris by a top team,who will pay the price for not having you.

Why! because he,s driving it over the limit,which is what it takes when you r in a non competative car,.

Nope, the skill is in finding limits that nobody else has looked for and exploiting them. Just driving over the limit will eventually kill you and, quite possibly, somebody else. That's the team's concern. Whatever has gone before if you have a driver who you're convinced is going to kill somebody then it's game over.

Meeke has driven this car way beyond its capabilities over the last few years,its simply not good enough to challenge for victorys,but he has managed to do so on many occasions ,Why! because he,s driving it over the limit,which is what it takes when you r in a non competative car,.His team mates have not been anywhere near scoring victorys because they are not ballsy ,good enough to drive this garbage car to its non existant potential.If Meeke hadnt been in this team what would the last few years have looked like for Citreon?Lets not forget who his mentor was.Its probably why he drives how he does,,but obviously its the only way to get a result out of this crap package..Shafted again Kris by a top team,who will pay the price for not having you.
If Ogier was in the same car he would be winning the championship, WRC isn't a Car dominant series like F1 etc.

Back