If you woke up as the President of Polyphony Digital..?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stigsblkcousin
  • 109 comments
  • 7,017 views
I'd hire the idea guy from Turn 10 and hand him over to the aikido guys in the accounting dept if he mentioned AWD swaps.
 
Last edited:
I just thought of something that could easily be corrected in an update.

PD obviously intended to make make head tracking an integral part of the driving experience BUT it didn't pan out perfectly because of the hardware issues.

OK heres a great compromise. Simply rip Shift 2's idea of automating the driver's head looking into the apex on turns which is what they were doing with the head tracking anyway. At least make it an option.
 
I would realise that GT5 isn't really as bad as it is being made out to be. Then I would get the team together for some serious "let's fix this" time...

Ok guys, so let's take a step back for a second:

We've nailed the graphics and physics. No need for any changes there.

Standard cars are awful. Let's make the important ones Premium and just remove the rest.

A-Spec is far too brief. We'll add a few hundred more races and events, and we'll double the length of races, triple it in some cases.

The XP idea was stupid, and nobody likes it. What were we thinking? We're Gran Turismo, not Need For Speed! Let's remove that, and activate the licenses again, and make it thus:

License B: required for Beginner Series
License A: required for Amateur Series
License iC: required for Professional Series
License iB: required for Expert Series
License iA: required for Extreme Series
License S: required for Endurance Series


Now, we're getting there but we've some way to go yet. Stay awake at the back!
B-Spec; we've got this all wrong. Bob isn't good enough. Whoever programmed him is fired. What do you mean "You programmed him, sir"? Oh well, I can't fire myself. Let's just make Bob more aggressive, more assertive. And let's amalgamate A and B-Spec, just like it was in GT4, so those happy to let Bob do entire races can carry on doing so, whereas those who hate it can leave it out altogether. On the other hand (that's three; I'm deformed), the rest can switch between A and B-Spec in single races and/or Championships. Sorted.

We're going to add saving abilities mid-endurance, so players need not worry about frying their PS3s that they've spent a week's wages on.

We're going to improve the damage model so it is apparent across ALL modes, especially in GT Life where it is most important. You will have to pay to fix damage you cause to your car by poor driving during a race, but an engine rebuild will no longer cost you squillions of credits.

Finally, we are going to totally re-design the menus from the ground up. No more unnecessary flicking between countless different screens to get from one place to another, and that bizarre final extra long wait after clicking on the 'home icon' will be removed. All relevant sections will be available right away, one click from a single user interface.

Actually, this is the final thing I want to change folks (it just came to me): GT Auto is to be no more. It is totally irrelevant, and if I hear "The Entertainer" once more I'm going to put my fist through my TV. All GT Auto options are available from now on in the tuning section, which now includes a customisation sub-section so vast it will make 'Turn 10' green with envy. Also includes brakes.

That wasn't so hard now, was it? I think we're going to get away with this.


Thank you for your time.

RikkiGT-R, President. Polyphony Digital 👍

Excellent summary of the many issues that could do with being addressed. I agree with you, like many others here.
 
+1 I'm impressed, you managed to sum up all of my thoughts exactly. If GT5 did all of the things you mentioned it would be the incredible game we all hoped it would be.

Have you considered applying for the Presidents role?
 
Buy copies of FM3 for everyone including the secretaries and janitors. Send them home for 2 weeks to get to level 30. Fire those who don't make it. Then tell them to copy EVERYTHING and try to make it better.

lol:) sad but so true...
 
1) Hire more devs. 2) Release the game on PC, forget about consoles.

I would make a horrible president XD
 
Honestly? I wouldn't waste any more time with GT5, apart from any minor DLC/patches/seasonal events, etc. that have already been planned or are currently in the works. I'd "cut my losses", as they say (although I'm perfectly content with GT5 as it is) and start focusing my energy on the next release, observing the current discourse and critiques surrounding GT5 and using them to meaningfully guide development...because it certainly is clear what people want from Gran Turismo games...or more importantly, what people DO NOT want.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, GT5 is beyond repair.

They need to start with a clean sheet for GT6 and start now, incorporating all of the changes listed before.

Every second PD waste developing GT anywhere etc. is time that could be going towards developing GT6 the way it should be. Then we can sweep GT5 under the rug and pretend it never happened
 
Photocopy my butt and email the image to Dan Greenawalt.:)

Then promptly get to work on sorting out the major issues of GT5.
 
Yeah, GT5 is beyond repair.

They need to start with a clean sheet for GT6 and start now, incorporating all of the changes listed before.

Every second PD waste developing GT anywhere etc. is time that could be going towards developing GT6 the way it should be. Then we can sweep GT5 under the rug and pretend it never happened

Giving up so easy?!

400 A-Spec events and a better AI, this game is FIXED!

But leave GT5 in the mess it is now, who in their right minds is going to trust PD another time? As long as GT6 is going to take (you think Kaz is going to STOP wasting his time racing cars?), while its competitors add the very features we have all clamored for, who's going to come back to a franchise so epically ruined? When others have ALREADY given us what we want?

If I were the Prez, fixing it NOW would be the only way I would consider it even WORTH working on the NEXT GT.
 
I'd have ALL the GT4 tracks available in 3-6 months if not sooner as DLC.
 
If I were the president of PD, I'll do following things on GT 5.

1. I'll combine both A-spec and B-spec into one like GT 3, so that player can choose how he wants to play not only from the beginning but also during the race. During the license tests with all kinds of cars and tracks, A.I will memorize your driving ability as close as possible and will apply that for B-spec mode. There will have to be a lot of improvements on A.I for this to happen.

2. In order for the right balance, I will get rid of excessive and repeatitive Japanese cars and will add more of American and European cars, especially Porsches.

3. Less concept cars.

4. X2010 has got to go. It belongs to a different game.

5. F1 and Nascar will also go away, because I'm not seeing myself going back to play them again. As well, there are different games totally dedicated for each of them.

6. Simpler menus. New and used cars will be merged into one dealership. GT auto shop and parts shop will be consolidated.

7. When you get prize cars, you can choose colors.

8. Real Top Gear events to beat the Stig.

9. More tracks.
 
If I were the president of PD, I'll do following things on GT 5.

8. Real Top Gear events to beat the Stig.

The Stig has been killed off?
 
The Stig has been killed off?
Stig 1 was killed off, Stig 2 just disappeared, Stig 3 is alive and well in the current series.

If I was President of PD I would put Kaz in a room with a copy of GT5, a PS3 + DS3 controller and tell him he is not being paid any more salary until he is at 100% and all golds.
 
The Stig has been killed off?

Not so many knows that before the white stig there was black stig. So if the white stig gets killed off, then the next one. Maybe this time, pinky stig with Vicky Butler in it. That would be hot.
 
If I was President of PD I would put Kaz in a room with a copy of GT5, a PS3 + DS3 controller and tell him he is not being paid any more salary until he is at 100% and all golds.

I wish your dream come true.
 
There's a lot of things I would do, and not a single one of them has anything at all to do with video games.
 
There's a lot of things I would do, and not a single one of them has anything at all to do with video games.

Lolol, same here - a lot of naked women come to mind :D
 
Change the name of the company to T11 lol
 
Back