If you'd created GT4 instead of PD, it would have had...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fade to Black
  • 33 comments
  • 1,384 views
Messages
75
1. Decent AI... and lighting/weather effects when racing. Especially 24hr racing!

2. A B-spec driver that doesn't crash into the wall at la sarthe II, no matter what car he was driving, tuned or otherwise!

3. The auto/manual option in the INDIVIDUAL car settings, rather than in options... it's a pain having to keep changing back and forth. I don't WANT all my cars either auto or manual... I want to choose which ones I want what!

4. The "castrated tuned" GT4 cars tuned the way they were in 3 (ESCUDO, RUF BTR, R34 skylines etc. Where'd the horsepower go???)

5. A wider mix of cars in the game. Why only one Triumph, but countless NSX's? Hell even Fiat got 3 different 500's!

6. Car manufacturers added... such as, Bugatti, Maserati, Ariel, Koenisegg, Light Car Comany, Noble, Morgan, Bristol, and many more... though I'd just settle for the first two...c'mon imagine getting your hands on the Bugatti Veyron!

7. Not going to mention Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche being in the ga... damn. ;)

8. Lots more older cars. I don't mean the 1HP 1880's ones either. No, cars like...

1938 Alfa Romeo 8C2900B (eat your heart out, looks wise E-type)
1913 4.5lt Vauxhall 30/98 - Race tuned version.
HRG 1500
MG TC
Jaguar XK 120
Fraser Nash le Mans Replica
Allard J2.
Healy Silverstone.
Aston Martin DB series. (DB1 onwards)
Fiat 8V...

(Not to mention classic Ferraris, Porsches and Lambos... darn, wans't going to mention them, sorry... ;) )

And a good dose of 20's-40's Americana for good measure!

9. Inclusion of more racing tracks (Silverstone springs to mind as an obvious one) rather than half a dozen variations of the same one.

10. Ditch the rallying aspect. Zzzz... replace it with 1/4 mile dragstrip racing cars, or monster trucks, or NASCAR, or ANYthing..!

Okay, that's how I'd make a great game even better...

---------------------------

Doubtless you'll disagree somewhere... so what about you... what would YOU change, tweak, or throw out..?

B4N - FTB.
 
and the product will never deliver.....

not to sound !*#@$*@ but GT4, just like any software development, doesn't have unlimited resource/time to build. There is pressure to market. Scoping is always a tough decisions.
 
Well. If you wanted all that:
1st: You would have to wait at least 3 years
2nd: The cars they put in the game doesn't depend on PD but on the manufacturesrs. They didn't added those cars beacuse the manufacturesrs didn't gave them the authorization
 
Is there anyone that can just enjoy the game without complaining about every aspect of it ?
 
Maybe an odd sugestion but I would like the ability in Arcade mode to choose the 5 cars I will race against.

The real Mini would have been nice too :(

But dude....... You think Rally is a snooze and you want to replace it with a drag strip. Yeah. Press the accelerator and hold the wheel straight. Thats much more fun :dunce:
 
The difference between this thread and the GT5 Wishlist thread is ???
 
Do you have more money than PD, and can you create discs that have more space on them? And can you make the PS2 more capable than it is now?

Oh you can't? That's a shame.
 
yeah. they cant afford all the licensing, and ea has lambo, ferrari, and some others as "exclusives".
 
I'm sorry but, if any of us made GT4, we would be driving things akin to this:

car8hz.jpg

track0zj.jpg
 
standard235
I'm sorry but, if any of us made GT4, we would be driving things akin to this:
killer pics

The track is very nice. But where's the huge racer wing?
 
Didn't have the money. It is white. Can't you see it? It's like 10ft high.
 
i would like all of what fade to black is saying, but i would also like

motorcycles!

i know, i know, its a driving simulator , but how cool would it be if you could rip up Le-mans in a 1975 kawasaki H2? or if you caould have a 50cc class with Honda NSR's, Yamaha YSR's, and other 50cc little crotch rockets.
besides that, i don t really know if there has been a really good motorcycle game (the only thing that really informed was game informer). so if they got the driving and cars right, along with the motorcycles, and if the physics for cars and motorcycles were good, they would be killing 2 birds with one stone.
a good car game,
and a good motorcycle game. 👍 👍

but thats just my two cents :sly:

edit: i didnt really read all of Fade to Blacks post. i would stil like the rallying aspect in the game.
 
standard235
I'm sorry but, if any of us made GT4, we would be driving things akin to this:

car8hz.jpg

track0zj.jpg
Finally a track easy enough for me to race on! 👍 My only complaint would the pit. It looks like an dead end?
 
On the bike tangent. How about another idea. How about PD make a motorcycle racing game along the lines of the GT series. Have hundreds of different bikes avaiable with the ablity to tune them as extensively as the cars in GT.
 
jmillheiser
On the bike tangent. How about another idea. How about PD make a motorcycle racing game along the lines of the GT series. Have hundreds of different bikes avaiable with the ablity to tune them as extensively as the cars in GT.

Cool idea, but tuning of the bikes would be a lot more limited, I think.
 
1. super ai like in star wars racer revenge that makes u wanna kill yourself.

2. paint shops.

3. body shops.

4.online mode(duh)

5. damage

6.custom soundtracks

7.ferrari

8.lambo

9.porsche

10.real time clock and weather.
 
snipersnake
1. super ai like in star wars racer revenge that makes u wanna kill yourself.

2. paint shops.

3. body shops.

4.online mode(duh)

5. damage

6.custom soundtracks

7.ferrari

8.lambo

9.porsche

10.real time clock and weather.
Besides #10 and #8, you just summed up Forza.
 
i know....scary!!
 
snipersnake
i know....scary!!
Except, I'd reverse the AI.

First racing game I've played where the actual opponent has done a pit manevour on me. :ouch:
 
if i made GT4:

TOTAL CAR CUSTOMIZATION (engine swaps, turbos/blowers, hp related, decals, wheels!!!!) but absolutely NO "JDM" conversions, thats total rice to me.
3 f'n skylines (r32-r34) and a couple JGTC 1's
2 f'n nsx's (old-new) and a couple JGTC 1's
Ferraris
Porsches
Lamborghinis
Venturis
Mosler
Mclaren
Koenigsegg
MORE SIGNIFICANT CARS ADDED:
Audis
Bentleys
Aston Martins
Rufs
Jaguars
Bmws
Mercedes Benzs
Fords
Gms
Nissans
Toyotas
Better used car lots, with more cars to choose from
REAL F1 cars
EVERY SINGLE LE MANS race car
BTCC, DTM, JGTC, Grand-Am, etc (no rolex, there prototypes are ugly as F!)
cars that have actually WON races, (not fricken trucks, carriages, 2022 bs concepts, etc)
random/selectable weather
advanced/selectable AI
real drag race competition w/ car handicaps
pick your opponents option/ and how many cars on the grid
fuel weight/tire endurance/pit crew predictions
selectable (on/off) body damage
better soundtrack

& last but not least an upload to be able to update whenever I (since i made gt4) :sly: feel there is a need to update a car/add a car/ update a track/add a track/add songs/add parts.

my post should be a sticky! :dopey:
 
I would be happy with some real tracks, in fact, i would even be happy with just the grand prix tracks, no fake tracks. also, I understand that porsche etc couldn't be included because they don't have the rights to them, but 50 different skylines is just rediculous. other than that, an ai that doesn't drive like it's just had a few beers :-P
 
slo-car
Is there anyone that can just enjoy the game without complaining about every aspect of it ?

I like what you are saying, but I would like the game to get better.

Do you think that PD have some guys on this forum right now trying to get new ideas and find out what people want for GT5?

I think they do! 👍
 
If I had made gt4 it would have been really crappy.... I cant program for the life of me, nor do I have the money and backing to get ppl to do it for me.

maybe someone here does... actually judging by all the whinging there seems to be alot of ppl here who can do better and have the time to do so.... I CANT WAIT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!
 
By God Sake. Let the PD guys make the game as they want. If you don't like the game don't buy it. For them it's compleatly indifferent selling more 10 copies or less 10 copies. Be happy with what you got. If you all lived 50 years agoe we wouldn't even have a computer or a game console. The PD guys make the game with the features they think that should be in the game. About the damage and body kits:
Damage: Stop dreaming. You'll never get this. The GT producer said 2 years ago three main reasons for that.
Body Kits: If you want them, buy this:

Stop making a list of what features you want on GT5 and be happy with what they give to you for $50: Hours and hours of diversion.

Sorry for any typing mistake... :D
 
ving
If I had made gt4 it would have been really crappy.... I cant program for the life of me, nor do I have the money and backing to get ppl to do it for me.

maybe someone here does... actually judging by all the whinging there seems to be alot of ppl here who can do better and have the time to do so.... I CANT WAIT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice one dude!!!!!!!

Yeah this is seriously the best racing game out right now and it amazes me that people still complain. I guess when a game has this much hype and buildup around it, expectations get high. Whith some people unrealistically high. They don't understand that nothing is perfect and nothing ever will be. All you can do is get as close as possible and this game is as close as it gets in my opinion. Sure I would like to have physics like those of Enthusia Pro Racing, and more GOOD cars like the TOYOTA SOARER, the Ferrari's, and Lamborgini's, etc. And less crapola like the Vitz. But this is what we got and I like it. ALOT!
 
I would like to see for GT5.

changing weather/time (24hr races where it gets dark, and rains in the middle of a race).

Better AI

Realistic tire wear/fuel consumption in endurance races.

more real tracks and less fake ones. I wanna see Road America, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Willow Springs, maybe Indianapolis for S & G. I will add that GT4 is soo much better track wise than 3, sarthe, the ring, and sazuka were perfect additions.

more realistic starting fields i.e. get competition on a par with what your driving.

Online racing

Custom soundtracking ability (I figure GT5 will be a PS3 title)

I wholly expect GT5 to be one of the early titles for the PS3 kinda like how GT3 was an early title for the PS2 (probably helped to sell a lot of PS2s, I went with PS2 instead of XBox because of GT3).
 
Honestly, I wonder if GT4 isn't a toned down version of GT5. I feel almost certain that it is. I expect to see SKID MARKS a full field, a slightly better tuned though very similar physics engine, a few more cars, better graphics, DAMAGE, BODY MODS, and finally A TRUE IN CAR CAM

I believe all of this would be on GT4 if it were for PS3 instead of 2. I doubt the in car cam but other than that I think it'll come out a few months after the PS3 debute (sp?)
 
Yeah the task of modeling 700 car interiors for an in car cam would quite the task.

They stopped doing it for the NFS games for that reason. I loved the older NFS titles that had real in car cams.
 
wrc2 has a real in car cam.... its directly from the drivers head!!!
:cool:

of course this is superceeded now
 
sorry i heard the best racing game is Forza.
gt4 sucks simply because they put a ton of the same car, and the only thing really new is B-Spec.
now they better wise up on gt5 and have engine swaps/body damage/more significant cars/racecars.
 
Back