Igor Fraga Wins McLaren Shadow Project, Earns Spot on Official Esport Development Program

Igor should be nerfed in the next BOP update ;) /jk

Seriously though, this guy's a beast. I always respect people who are fast in a multitude of conditions, be it cars/tracks/games, rather than being dominant in just one particular combo. To be that consistently dominant amongst aliens is just unreal. I agree with someone else saying that there should be a separate category if you have real life racing experience. The amount of preparation and mental strength real life racing confers is just on a whole other level than just someone focusing on esports. Not taking anything away from Igor of course as he fully deserved the win. But it would be nice to see someone coming "pure" from simracing background winning things like this and the GT FIA Finals.

As for the game selection, I always lol'ed at the mobile title. Last year they didn't even have a sim (it was Gear.Club :lol:). This year with RR3 it's better but in my view the mobile qualifier is just there to get easy numbers on the participation front.

If I'm making WFG, the game lineup would be:
-AC/ACC
-PCARS 2
-rFactor 2
-Raceroom Racing Experience
-iRacing
-GTS
-FM7
-Automobilista
-Dirt Rally (might exclude this one if they feel it's not relevant to the McLaren programme, but still a good test of adaptability IMO)
-F1 2018
-Live For Speed

Igor should be nerfed in the next BOP update ;) /jk

Seriously though, this guy's a beast. I always respect people who are fast in a multitude of conditions, be it cars/tracks/games, rather than being dominant in just one particular combo. To be that consistently dominant amongst aliens is just unreal. I agree with someone else saying that there should be a separate category if you have real life racing experience. The amount of preparation and mental strength real life racing confers is just on a whole other level than just someone focusing on esports. Not taking anything away from Igor of course as he fully deserved the win. But it would be nice to see someone coming "pure" from simracing background winning things like this and the GT FIA Finals.

As for the game selection, I always lol'ed at the mobile title. Last year they didn't even have a sim (it was Gear.Club :lol:). This year with RR3 it's better but in my view the mobile qualifier is just there to get easy numbers on the participation front.

If I'm making WFG, the game lineup would be:
-AC/ACC
-PCARS 2
-rFactor 2
-Raceroom Racing Experience
-iRacing
-GTS
-FM7
-Automobilista
-Dirt Rally (might exclude this one if they feel it's not relevant to the McLaren programme, but still a good test of adaptability IMO)
-F1 2018
-Live For Speed

One thing i like about the Mclaren events is that it feels like a big celebration of SimRacing everyone's favorite sims are there,it's my favourite thing about this event.

Perhaps the reason why GT Sport wasn't present was simply because there wasn't any reason to have it. You can already do one make races for the 650s GT3, P1 GT-R and F1 in Project CARS 2. Plus PC2 has a much deeper connection to McLaren than GT ever had, with the 720s being the feature car of that game.

So I feel that the lack of Sport wasn't because of Sony or PD, but because the event organizers simply didn't consider it or didn't desire to feature it.

Well the title of the event itself is World's Fastest Gamer, so if they really want to find out they need to include all racing games ever created and go from there. More realistically every sim from the last 2-3 years should be included. I agree it's not always possible though because of licensing issues etc et al.

Would be cool as well if we get a RoC style sim racing event where the winners of all the major esports tournaments (GT FIA, F1, WFG, Forza, iRacing, PCARS) race together in various games, including not so serious titles like Mario Kart :lol:

Back