• Thread starter peterjford
  • 34 comments

peterjford

I <3 GT Kitty!
Premium
United States
Orange County C
GTP_Im_Sorry
If you live in Southern California, and can get gold on the cone missions, I will get you food, beverages of your choice (depending on age) and $150 cash if you can get gold on the cone missions. I have a PS4 and just the controller, so if you need a wheel to do them you will have to bring your own.

I might be able to do these with a wheel, but I don't know if I want to get a wheel and then have to get a new one when I upgrade to a PS5, and those are the most frustrating missions I have ever tried.

What if I don’t live in So Cal but am willing to drive there for this? Also, I’ve golded these myself with controller on PS5 so I’m assuming I can on PS4 as well, but if I only manager silver, despite my best efforts, what is the payout/reward for that? Do you validate parking?

You could always pay for my tickets too, I'll gladly take what will be left.
If you can get tickets for less than $150, come on over. You'll get a free meal, and maybe I will take you to Disneyland.

What if I don’t live in So Cal but am willing to drive there for this? Also, I’ve golded these myself with controller on PS5 so I’m assuming I can on PS4 as well, but if I only manager silver, despite my best efforts, what is the payout/reward for that? Do you validate parking?
If you dirve I'll fill your tank with fuel (within reason, ~15 gallons, unless its electric, in which case you can plug in). If you only get silver, you still get a free meal and a tank of fuel. I have gotten silver on the 3rd one, but can't even get bronze on the first.

Have you tried watching the Trophy Tom guides for these cone missions? I think I struggled a bit on them but got it pretty quickly after watching how he did it.

Have you tried watching the Trophy Tom guides for these cone missions? I think I struggled a bit on them but got it pretty quickly after watching how he did it.
I'll have to check those out.
EARN IT!!!! Learn how to do it yourself and gain the respect you deserve
I could probably get them with a wheel, I have big fat hands. And for anything else, I agree, but knocking down cones?

Beep boop, my detector is unable to detect a sense of humor.
i do have a great sense of humuor (not in spellinig tho)
I'll have to check those out.

I could probably get them with a wheel, I have big fat hands. And for anything else, I agree, but knocking down cones?
i am 60 with some dexterity issues and with a controller / PS4 and i was able to do it, was not easy but i did it myself...

Which one's giving you grief? Cone Knockdown 2? Blue MX-5?
Don't try and go fast or drift, the counter-intuitive but very easy way to get gold is to drive with hardly any throttle in a gentle square.

If you live in Southern California, and can get gold on the cone missions, I will get you food, beverages of your choice (depending on age) and $150 cash if you can get gold on the cone missions. I have a PS4 and just the controller, so if you need a wheel to do them you will have to bring your own.

I might be able to do these with a wheel, but I don't know if I want to get a wheel and then have to get a new one when I upgrade to a PS5, and those are the most frustrating missions I have ever tried.

I'm not that far from you and if I could gold mine I would. We have felt like that with something in the Gran Turismo franchise. For me it was those Red Bull Races in ether GT5 or Sport. Ended up having my son do them. But, he liked the car.

I cant decide which missions I hate the most. The cone missions, the silly drift missions or the pointless ones where you have to drive as far as you can with almost no petrol.

I love all the other missions though. Why did they include these silly ones that depart completely from the core of the game?

I cant decide which missions I hate the most. The cone missions, the silly drift missions or the pointless ones where you have to drive as far as you can with almost no petrol.

I love all the other missions though. Why did they include these silly ones that depart completely from the core of the game?
`I quite enjoy the drift missions, as well as those that involve economy and slipstreaming.

As for the cone challenges, they tend to be my least favourite. I only really found the MX5/Miata one difficult. Even though I use a wheel normally, I found it easier with a controller. Skip around to the left to hit the first cone, and then try to find a smooth (and slowish) drive around the hit the rest. Once I got the line, I kept chipping away until I eventually got gold.

Keep going, in one session, and I think most players will get it in an hour or two. (I am not even close to being a fast or consistent player)

I'm global top 10 in the Aqua Cone Mission. I will therefore be taking a premium payment of $250 with additional flight payments (UK -> US with return) for a full gold clearing. Take it or leave it.
1689258021493.png

Honestly ... I'll never ever understand why anyone is struggling with cone missions ! 🤷‍♂️
Actually, that first cone challenge with the orange Prius (sorry, Aqua) was pretty difficult on a controller. On a wheel it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
I'm global top 10 in the Aqua Cone Mission. I will therefore be taking a premium payment of $250 with additional flight payments (UK -> US with return) for a full gold clearing. Take it or leave it.
View attachment 1272574
Oh ... and I'm 8th. Didn't even think of that. :lol: Aren't they fun, these cone missions ? :D
And btw you can tell me at times how you achieved that blistering runtime.

:bowdown:

@Tommy_D

I never had a wheel so I sure can't tell any difference.
To me this just about hitting that tightest but still fluent line. And of course you miss a cone every second attempt and need some patience for a really fast run.

Last edited:
You could always pay for my tickets too, I'll gladly take what will be left.
Nooo, don't do it brother. Just use a wheel instead of a controller. GT is easy (God mode activated) with even a basic rig, controller players torture themselves into hating the driving, even little things like trail breaking become stressful with a controller. Two hands controlling everything in the car is taxing, four limbs controlling the car is easy. Save the money for a rig.

Nooo, don't do it brother. Just use a wheel instead of a controller. GT is easy (God mode activated) with even a basic rig, controller players torture themselves into hating the driving, even little things like trail breaking become stressful with a controller. Two hands controlling everything in the car is taxing, four limbs controlling the car is easy. Save the money for a rig.
?

Got any suggestions for a rig that is PS4 and PS5 (and PS3 and PS2?) compatible and costs less than $500?

Last edited:
Back