I'm at it again with the weird paint effects.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquarelle
  • 32 comments
  • 2,395 views

Aquarelle

Pick up the pace, let’s go!
Premium
Messages
3,454
Australia
Brisbane
Messages
Uriehusky
Messages
Uriehusky
With how often I come across weird stuff like this, I should just make 1 thread dedicated to it :lol:

Most of y'all don't care but I like sharing this stuff

775276_596034063745710_1738198729_o.jpg


773640_596034187079031_657602133_o.jpg


778670_596034203745696_1885021823_o.jpg


Anyone else come across this? I thought it was quite funny so I don't want to risk losing this paint job by respraying it :lol:
 
Last edited:
I missed it. What is the bug there?
 
Is that just how it looks? I've never seen a GTR with that effect in any room and this was my first time painting it haha

It looks more like a visual bug than how it's meant to be
 
Sorry, can you describe the bug Mr Huskie?
 
The areas where it keeps its original paint colour are in really bizarre places, but maybe it's just how it normally is?

Like I said I've never painted one before but the GTR TCs in lobbies I've been in don't appear to look like that.

That's why I was wondering if it's just how it normally is, because I didn't want to lose the paint job experimenting to see if that was the case
 
Do you mean the bits that look like oil? They're part of the car's livery.

And if you mean the paler blue bits in the main paint job, that's just the light.

If you don't mean either of those then . . . I'm confused.
 
Yeah that sort of wibbly wobbly titanium effect

is that seriously just the livery? it looks more like my graphics card is failing in very specific areas :lol:
 
Yeah that sort of wibbly wobbly titanium effect

is that seriously just the livery? it looks more like my graphics card is failing in very specific areas :lol:

:lol: No, Urie that's completely normal. I've never painted it in a light coloured paintjob, so never noticed it as such, but yes it's just part of the livery. 👍
 
That is seriously weird..

It would make sense if those parts were black like on the R32 but it just looks bizarre with that effect
 
That is seriously weird..

It would make sense if those parts were black like on the R32 but it just looks bizarre with that effect

Couldn't agree more. I don't find any paint chip suitable for this ugly-livery R35...
 
Couldn't agree more. I don't find any paint chip suitable for this ugly-livery R35...

I have a colorshift purple one, a lime green one and a raspberry red pearl one. I just try to match one of the colors in the color changing section of the decal. Then I make the wheels match as best I can.
 
That does look pretty mad! 👍
 
Yeah, I guess that's why I never saw this before I painted it a stupid colour :lol:
 
Couldn't agree more. I don't find any paint chip suitable for this ugly-livery R35...

I tried to find a shade of dark blue that matches the start of the fade on the nose livery.

Looks good IMO.
 
Midnight Purple III from Nissan makes that effect even more intense.👍 Also as stated the DLC polarized paints add to that effect too.

But yea even a stock R35 does have that oily look.👍
 
Wanna see another bats--t stupid paint glitch?

1: Paint a Shelby GT350R in any shade of red.
2: Look at the bumpers.
3: Apply palm to face.
4: Curse PD for copying and pasting cars from GT4/GTPSP.
 
Maybe it's that colour shift paint that is making the effect?
 
No it's not...It's just the car.👍 Those panels always have that look.

Oh I better buy that car then because to me it looks pretty kewl.
 
Oh I better buy that car then because to me it looks pretty kewl.

This is just a GTR right? but with the racing modification? Or did the car came with all those decals.
 
This is just a GTR right? but with the racing modification? Or did the car came with all those decals.



It's DLC..It comes with the purchase of DLC car pack one.👍 It comes with everything you see, minus paint.
 
It's DLC..It comes with the purchase of DLC car pack one.👍 It comes with everything you see, minus paint.

Oh -.-' that will probably wait because I'm buying the Course pack DLC.

Offtopic-------> PD Should seperate Course Pack so I can buy Kart Space I/II separately.
 
Thank you, people who continue to state that "it's not a bug" when we have already established that.
You're really contributing to the discussion 👍
 
Thank you, people who continue to state that "it's not a bug" when we have already established that.
You're really contributing to the discussion 👍

I was trying to help out someone else.👍 Not telling you the obvious about a year old car.👍

Sorry man.
 
Wasn't talking to you :lol: should of made it clearer with a quote.
I was speaking to liampage123 who merely repeated what had already been established.
 
UrieHusky
Wasn't talking to you :lol: should of made it clearer with a quote.
I was speaking to liampage123 who merely repeated what had already been established.

Some people are too lazy too read what others have posted.
 
dem that R35 TC got some odd paint effect,i wonder why PD did that?
 
Back