i'm confused about grip drifting...

• Thread starter TunerFocus
  • 90 comments
TunerFocus / GTP_TunerFocus
Ok, call me a noob, but what's wrong with drifting for the fun of it on comfort hards? I entered a Project D. room early this morning & went to pull out my DB9 & drift as usual, but HP was restricted to 395, so i said "What give's guys? Can't you raise the HP to 560, my car weighs 1710 kg, that's not asking too much, is it?" They said detune it or pick another car. I picked an Infinity G35 sedan, 335 HP, 1610 kg, comfort hards. I go out & start drifting.
By the way, is there a big war between people who drift for the fun of it & "Grip Drifters?"
They ask me why i don't just detune my DB9, I say "Because it won't handle the way i like it if i detune it" Then they start criticising my lap times, which i couldn't care less about. I then ask them what "Grip Drifting" is, & they can't give me a straight answer & start criticising my style of drifting. So, I'm like what the heck guys, I drift in tandem or drift trains for maximum angle, time means nothing to me, plus, i like how the cars drive on comfort hards, & how it requires much more skill & precision.
So, if anyone can answer this for me, i would really appreciate it. What is "Grip Drifting?"

What is grip drifting indeed? Is it that kind of touge racing I hear so much about?

Yeah, when the guys in the room said it, i thought it was a joke at 1st, but when they challenged me to one of there so called "Grip Drifting?" races, they accused me of gripping too much. I don't get it, I race or I drift, I figure you can't do both, but then again, that's why I'm asking.

Grip drifting is what online noobs do to get to the next corner as quickly as possible or to just go faster than everyone else so they feel better about themselves to make up for their bad drifting.
Don't do it and don't listen to them.

The Project D kids are just a bunch of noobs. Don't ever listen to them, they don't even know drifting by heart. Watch some drift bible just to know little bit of drifting(not to mean your dumb or anything) and I'm not too sure about Grip Drifting, probably it's Zero Counter Drifting.

Ahahaha yeah these project d kids are a joke, I had the same problem with them and I run CS. Its funny when they joined my room and I had restrictions set to CS and they didn't know how to drift anymore.

Ahahaha yeah these project d kids are a joke, I had the same problem with them and I run CS. Its funny when they joined my room and I had restrictions set to CS and they didn't know how to drift anymore.
Hahahaha I wanna find one of their rooms just to troll them :P

That is actually kinda sad, how can you have a drift team and not know how to drift properly. What's even more sad is that CS tires make the car a lot controllable

tazj_7
That is actually kinda sad, how can you have a drift team and not know how to drift properly. What's even more sad is that CS tires make the car a lot controllable

Yeah more control equals more responsibility. Lol the project d kids even said that im a noob because they can here my wheels force feed back, and if they can hear my wheel than that means I suck.

OK, that makes me feel a lot better now, I love drifting, & I was just wondering if I had missed some other drifting sub-culture. & about the Drift Bible, I've watched it a few times, & still need to by it, I must say... that video is by far one of the best drifting aids out ther for beginners, weather you're on Gran Turismo or drifting in real life.

Yeah more control equals more responsibility. Lol the project d kids even said that im a noob because they can here my wheels force feed back, and if they can hear my wheel than that means I suck.

Sounds like they have never used a DFGT lol, those guys are funny hope I don't run into them by mistake

I think u guys are confused.....Just the fact that you think your tire selection really matters to anyone but the Individual is Laughable in itself. I never heard the term Grip/Drift unless they meant Drift racing. Also I Never heard of Low speed drifting which is what most Comfort tires guys do. Just to let you know, Most Noobs use Comfort level tires because they can't break traction to drift without it. I can only Drift Comforts with a Stock car, but fully Tuned its sports for me. PD is well respected around here though.

grip drifting? TOUGE!!!

check the links in my sig for some awesome touge related stuff, for those that aren't familiar with it

OK, that makes me feel a lot better now, I love drifting, & I was just wondering if I had missed some other drifting sub-culture. & about the Drift Bible, I've watched it a few times, & still need to by it, I must say... that video is by far one of the best drifting aids out ther for beginners, weather you're on Gran Turismo or drifting in real life.

Haha yeah, I think I found the drift bible on YT once and it was a full hour version but I think it's the Japanese dub(Luckily you get to hear Dori Dori Keiichi Tsuchiya's voice). I don't mind the English version but could of been better if we heard Keiichi's Voice :) There should be a full video of it in English on YT

I honestly hate the term Touge on GT5. Mostly because you can't get a true touge track. A real touge is a mountain pass full of tight hairpin turns. Drifting got big on touges because skilled drivers could clear turns smoother and faster while drifting (plus it looks cool of course) The closest you can get in GT5 is either Nurburgring Nordeschliefe, or a complex Toscana (Tarmac) course. But to get back on topic, judging by the members of Project D, they probably don't even know what a touge is, despite their namesake coming from a touge racing anime lol. They probably just meant drifting on sports tires. Just noobs, nothing more.

I honestly hate the term Touge on GT5. Mostly because you can't get a true touge track. A real touge is a mountain pass full of tight hairpin turns. Drifting got big on touges because skilled drivers could clear turns smoother and faster while drifting (plus it looks cool of course) The closest you can get in GT5 is either Nurburgring Nordeschliefe, or a complex Toscana (Tarmac) course. But to get back on topic, judging by the members of Project D, they probably don't even know what a touge is, despite their namesake coming from a touge racing anime lol. They probably just meant drifting on sports tires. Just noobs, nothing more.

They said "We're like the real Initial D Project D. Team" one time XD even though there pretty bad skills, there more of the Akina Speed Star dudes

Yeah it gets on my nerves, they should make some touge tracks for GT6 haha :)

Yeah it gets on my nerves, they should make some touge tracks for GT6 haha :)

Yep! Y'know Gunsai Touge btw? If not, watch some Hot Version Touge Showdown, that's the road they use. I like using the term Touge on some certain roads but I think it more of a Touge with Circuit elements.

I ran into one of them before, hosting his own room. Everyone else in the room was on CH and he was on RH. I criticised him because he wasnt drifting, He then criticised me because I was in an AWD (High end Performance G37, WTF???) He tried claiming that ABS is for n00bs and that I sucked as a drifter (Ok, I do run ABS on 1, Buts thats the way I drift) and that the best drifters are the fastest ones. He kept on starting races and flying ahead of everyone else, mostly crashing or ending up in the grass. I left, He started PM'ing me, so I blocked him. Thats been about My only experience with a "Project D" and I can already tell they are a bunch of kids who think they're cool 'cause they can drift on RH and be faster than anyone else.

I ran into one of them before, hosting his own room. Everyone else in the room was on CH and he was on RH. I criticised him because he wasnt drifting, He then criticised me because I was in an AWD (High end Performance G37, WTF???) He tried claiming that ABS is for n00bs and that I sucked as a drifter (Ok, I do run ABS on 1, Buts thats the way I drift) and that the best drifters are the fastest ones. He kept on starting races and flying ahead of everyone else, mostly crashing or ending up in the grass. I left, He started PM'ing me, so I blocked him. Thats been about My only experience with a "Project D" and I can already tell they are a bunch of kids who think they're cool 'cause they can drift on RH and be faster than anyone else.

Lmao! Don't worry about ABS, I use ABS just for most cars that came with it but I turn it off when it's for cars that didn't come with it(only car I know that as no ABS is the AE86) and How the hell is the G37 a AWD when it's FR? These Project D kids are like some Initial D people where they buy a AE86 and you ask them "Why you buy the AE86?" and they reply "Because it's the fastest car in the series! XD" and no there's actually more faster cars in the series and you ask them "What kind of 4AGE(AE86 Engine) does it have?" and they reply "What's a 4AG?" The AE86 story was just from my friend from YT "AE86TougeRacer"

Wow,that's just retarded... Looks like when i see a Project D room,i'm ain't joining it

About the OP:
Regardless of your main car choice (the DB9) instead a JDM inside their specifications, i think that is completly acceptable to stay inside the rom´s rules. If the deal is touge, then is not drift, so you can even troll using a Lancer Evo or any EK9... but any non-JDM car wouldn´t be a wise choice.

About the "Project D kids":
I don´t know nothing about them in the game, but if they are the kind of fanboy who think that Initial D is about drifting, they are going to the wrong way and its more normal than we think. I even think that all "touge races" should not be tagged as drift rooms.

About the "grip drifting":
Pro Tougeists try not ever lose the grip, with all their effort. Same as they try not to overheat any car part, like tires, brakes and so on... otherhand, the so called "GT5 drift racing" is a plague that must be exterminated by any cost. If you´re in the chased position and start to low your angles and use racing lines by the apexes all the time, youre doing wrong. Good tandems depends of the "magic triangle" and thats where the chaser should fit. No angle, no tandem, no fun. If youre chasing and must reach more, ok - do some racing lines, decrease ur angle, but never interrupt the oversters.

And again, races are for replays, not for some super small ammount of money. If u need cash, go to sazionals...

About the OP:
Regardless of your main car choice (the DB9) instead a JDM inside their specifications, i think that is completly acceptable to stay inside the rom´s rules. If the deal is touge, then is not drift, so you can even troll using a Lancer Evo or any EK9... but any non-JDM car wouldn´t be a wise choice.

About the "Project D kids":
I don´t know nothing about them in the game, but if they are the kind of fanboy who think that Initial D is about drifting, they are going to the wrong way and its more normal than we think. I even think that all "touge races" should not be tagged as drift rooms.

About the "grip drifting":
Pro Tougeists try not ever lose the grip, with all their effort. Same as they try not to overheat any car part, like tires, brakes and so on... otherhand, the so called "GT5 drift racing" is a plague that must be exterminated by any cost. If you´re in the chased position and start to low your angles and use racing lines by the apexes all the time, youre doing wrong. Good tandems depends of the "magic triangle" and thats where the chaser should fit. No angle, no tandem, no fun. If youre chasing and must reach more, ok - do some racing lines, decrease ur angle, but never interrupt the oversters.

And again, races are for replays, not for some super small ammount of money. If u need cash, go to sazionals...

This 👍

Okay i am from project do and this is all i have to say. 1. Tunerfocus all you was using was awd raly cars. 2. White smoke gang you joined our room and started laughing and trolling because we was using Sports soft.An on the abs thing we have never said abs is for noobs because i know for a fact. Some of project d's drivers have their abs turned up more than 1, but i personally run it at 1 or off. So have a good day and bye.

Okay I am from Project D and this is all I have to say. 1. Tunerfocus all you were using was AWD Rally cars. 2. White Smoke Gang you joined our room and started laughing and trolling because we were using Sports soft. And on the ABS thing we have never said ABS is for noobs because I know for a fact some of Project D's drivers have their ABS turned up more than 1 but I personally run it at 1 or off. So have a good day and bye.

So have a good day and bye. Oh and don't forget to read the AUP, proper spelling and grammar is a requirement at all times.

Okay i am from project do and this is all i have to say. 1. Tunerfocus all you was using was awd raly cars. 2. White smoke gang you joined our room and started laughing and trolling because we was using Sports soft.An on the abs thing we have never said abs is for noobs because i know for a fact. Some of project d's drivers have their abs turned up more than 1, but i personally run it at 1 or off. So have a good day and bye.

Well at least we've clarified Project D are all under 10 years old, judging by the grammar.

:dunce:

Okay... So I will use propper grammer and corrections. Didn't know all the people on here would get so butt hurt over it.

Back