I'm done with Sport Mode until they make some MASSIVE CHANGES.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Need4Speed685
  • 37 comments
  • 2,641 views
Messages
874
Australia
Australia
I had driver & sportsmanship ratings of up to B recently and was slowly working my way up with those ratings, up until the last few races.

Due to a combination of poor driving & lack of respect from the majority of competitors, I have been sunk down to a SR of E.

This makes it almost impossible to progress up to cleaner & more professional races every time. Consider myself done with Sport Mode unless PD make some MAJOR changes to the system.

Either make SR easier to improve, merger SR with the overall DR, or get rid of it for good. I can't have fun online with these flawed systems, and if it is like it is right now, the FIA pre-season series are going to be a cluster:censored:.
 
Just take a few hours to race cleann and get rated into s and you won't have any problems. If you see someone trying to dive bomb you, just delay your turn in and they'll fly past you. You may lose a second, but you won't lose sr or get penalty time. Just do your best to get through all the clowns and then you can have some good races...

When I first got the game, I drank for the first two days and got pretty inebriated, still wasn't too hard to get into s
 
Just take a few hours to race cleann and get rated into s and you won't have any problems. If you see someone trying to dive bomb you, just delay your turn in and they'll fly past you. You may lose a second, but you won't lose sr or get penalty time. Just do your best to get through all the clowns and then you can have some good races...

When I first got the game, I drank for the first two days and got pretty inebriated, still wasn't too hard to get into s

I also drink heavily when playing. Due to family/work constraints, I only get out the G29 a couple times a week. So I have only played three times since release. But I am already rank "S" in SR. From "B" on up the races are generally very clean, besides normal racing incidents.

What is worrying me is what seems to be a low player count. I am DR "B" and last night I was getting matched with lots of "A" and "S" drivers. It got progressively worse as the night wore on. I'm two hours ahead of EST so I guess lots of people in the midwest and eastern North America were heading to bed. The last couple races had 1/3 of the field "S" DR rank, and went all the way down to "E". There was a 10-second qualifying spread on Kyoto Gr. 4, which is like a 41-second lap! Everyone was, however, SR "S", so at least things were clean.
 
Just take a few hours to race cleann and get rated into s and you won't have any problems. If you see someone trying to dive bomb you, just delay your turn in and they'll fly past you. You may lose a second, but you won't lose sr or get penalty time. Just do your best to get through all the clowns and then you can have some good races...

When I first got the game, I drank for the first two days and got pretty inebriated, still wasn't too hard to get into s
This is what I've done on the Kyoto Driving Park Audi TT OMR Daily Race, I'm going out of the first corner on the track due to late-breaking after getting a pole position grid at finals to avoid being rear-ended, dropping my position to 3rd place yet still keeping my SR intact, but after some hard determination luckily I recovered my position and finished 1st without any SR penalties.
 
Last night on the driving Park, we had a couple races where there was only .5 seconds difference between first and last place. Some of the best racing I've ever been in real or virtual.
 
It isn't hard to increase the sportsmanship rating at all. I went from E to S in a few races but did fall to A since a few days. But most of the races are fair. I believe the guys who complain most are aggressive drivers themselves. If you hit people , they will hit you back.
 
After reading many frustrations in various threads of the GTS SR system, I can’t hardly believe that the suggested way to overcome it’s pitfalls is not to race to win but to lay back and come in last. What a joke... now isn’t that original. I ask you, how is that considered a real racing sim ?
 
Only one thing comes to my mind after reading OP


Exaggerated Rant.


You can easily Rank SR Up. You need to drive more carefully. Just back off if you think any trouble. Watch the mirrors.

Seriously such complaints are really annoying to read when the actual scenario is completely different. Forums are filled with such not necessary threads. You could have easily posted in the rants thread than creating a whole thread.
 
I don‘t believe no one anymore....When somebody Say, i am done with sportsmans Thing...without a Video.

Today was My worst day at gts.

My Sportsman went down from S to B, because it was the mistake from others......

Fairly it‘s Not true....

First Race, somebody Hit me, in the last corner, was Not a mistake was only because He want to be at the First Place....
Same guy, Other Race. Same Situation, but because of My frustation i did the Same with him.

So My fault....i do a lot of more races, where i was also the agressor. Only because of the first race.
No, I am back on B, I decide to power off, and wait until my feelings getting better.

But please show me videos, all that videos where the guys bombing you, only to show how fair you are playing.
 
Just take a few hours to race cleann and get rated into s and you won't have any problems. If you see someone trying to dive bomb you, just delay your turn in and they'll fly past you. You may lose a second, but you won't lose sr or get penalty time. Just do your best to get through all the clowns and then you can have some good races...

When I first got the game, I drank for the first two days and got pretty inebriated, still wasn't too hard to get into s

Any problems? Not my experience. I've been SR S since day one (from the demo) and I've been bumped and used as a brake several times, getting 10 second penalties and pushed off track. Sure, it happens less than in lower rankings but dirty drivers and the occasional unprepared driver also appear on SR S races. Especially now with daily races where people can't prepare themselves and just go to the track without a decent knowledge of the circuit.

I did one race today (Gr.3). Luckily started first and won but I had to lap 3 guys and it as a bit messy because 1 didn't give me space and another one went off track and came back to the racing line precisely when I was about to lap him.

I used to do about 5 or 6 races a day. Since the change to daily races, I've done 5 races in 4 days. One of them, even with S SR drivers sent me back to around 40% of DR A (I was around 60%). And if you know how hard it is to progress on DR A you'll know how frustrating that can be. This is one of the reasons I'm not doing more races, because the likelihood of dropping my DR is higher than before, and that's not related to me but to others on track.
 
After reading many frustrations in various threads of the GTS SR system, I can’t hardly believe that the suggested way to overcome it’s pitfalls is not to race to win but to lay back and come in last. What a joke... now isn’t that original. I ask you, how is that considered a real racing sim ?
Not race to win is not the same as coming last. If Vettel wasn't overaggressive he might have better chances to win the world championship. Someone who is steadily collecting points might become the champion instead of the guy who wins all of his races but doesn't finish in half of them.
 
How many topics must be made about this?

Giving up is your loss, have for 2 weeks now only awsome races sometimes in the bavk sometimes in the front. So dont know why people raging so bad because something went wrong in the race. Look on youtube to Forza 7 races and see that GT Sport isnt that bad!

Just had a race where i won (3 time since release, feels so special then) nr 2 was 0.222 behind me on the finish! Awsome race awsome feeling! And before that i got crashed of the track by someone who forget to brake rest of the race i had a awsome fight for 15th place, i lost and finished 16th what also was the last place haha, but hell yeah i had fun with that guy!!!

O and now for 2 weeks S rating with more then 5 races per day...... so maybe i dont know, you guys yourself do something wrong? ;)
 
Easy to said when just doing clean races and avoid all crash. But in reality not easier than done, people on C and B is the worse tbh. Like just now, other races brake checking at you and you to close and hit them (can't brake too since back will hit you) : SR down, they suddenly spun out and you doesn't have way to move and touch them little bit: SR down, get shunt from back: SR down, they slam at you: SR down. Ah yeah the result my SR sunk from B to E lolololol

WTF man this is not sport this is destruction derby raw, for me PD need better system for this SR system. I'd rather get penalty time than SR down, SR down doesn't make you more safer but penalty at least hold you down on track.

we need merge thread anyway lol.
 
I hate Sport mode but i'm just going to get on with it over 100 races now and 26 wins
 
I also drink heavily when playing. Due to family/work constraints, I only get out the G29 a couple times a week. So I have only played three times since release. But I am already rank "S" in SR. From "B" on up the races are generally very clean, besides normal racing incidents.

What is worrying me is what seems to be a low player count. I am DR "B" and last night I was getting matched with lots of "A" and "S" drivers. It got progressively worse as the night wore on. I'm two hours ahead of EST so I guess lots of people in the midwest and eastern North America were heading to bed. The last couple races had 1/3 of the field "S" DR rank, and went all the way down to "E". There was a 10-second qualifying spread on Kyoto Gr. 4, which is like a 41-second lap! Everyone was, however, SR "S", so at least things were clean.

It gets worse the later the night gets.
I'm only DR:B but I qualified with a 40.5 yesterday and by the time I did my last race (2:15 am EST) I was matched with mostly DR:C and lower (I'm SR:A), the qualifying spread and difference in pace was so drastic that I lapped the last placed driver and was about 6 seconds ahead of 2nd place.
 
You're not the guy who got hit by this madman in my latest race are you?

 
Another thing they need to do, is to stop defaulting to sunrises and sunsets.....it just makes seeing the track unnecessarily difficult with the ensuing errors. It isn't cool, it isn't nice, it isn't romantic. It's just impractical. Half the time, you can't predict what the car is going to do because you cannot sight half the points of reference. Surely there must be some decent drivers at PD who recognise this necessity for crying out loud....
 
You're not the guy who got hit by this madman in my latest race are you?


Sum up my race in two day so far, getting hit and slam like this hahahaha

Just if we can have in game chat (or we have?) I'd just shouting at them
 
I am out of Sport mode too for now. Just no point.

With the daily races there are loads of people who do not know the track so getting rammed from behind seems almost compulsory. At least with the weekly races most people learned the tracks.

Just been racing and some bell-end in a Lambo steamrolled through about 5 of us from the back of the grid. Not only do I end up punched offline and in the gravel, but then get a 10 second penalty (which I serve) and then at the end my SR has dropped...

Frankly ridiculous. They need to sort this ASAP.

I am off to play Fifa18 Will pop back in a week or 2 to see if they are getting on top of this.
 
You can improve your SR very quickly if you stay clean... I've only done 6 races on line and I'm SR S.

#problemsolved


Jerome
 
After reading many frustrations in various threads of the GTS SR system, I can’t hardly believe that the suggested way to overcome it’s pitfalls is not to race to win but to lay back and come in last. What a joke... now isn’t that original. I ask you, how is that considered a real racing sim ?
Absolutely agree , i dont go online to toddle at the back end of the field and a be a good little boy, this system is teaching the reverse of what it should, they need to sort it out, i got back ended out of a race got a 10 s penalty and at the finish i see the guy who took me off won with no penalty, Pathetic!
 
I had driver & sportsmanship ratings of up to B recently and was slowly working my way up with those ratings, up until the last few races.

Due to a combination of poor driving & lack of respect from the majority of competitors, I have been sunk down to a SR of E.

This makes it almost impossible to progress up to cleaner & more professional races every time. Consider myself done with Sport Mode unless PD make some MAJOR changes to the system.

Either make SR easier to improve, merger SR with the overall DR, or get rid of it for good. I can't have fun online with these flawed systems, and if it is like it is right now, the FIA pre-season series are going to be a cluster:censored:.


Have you tried what SCCAdeanRX-7 suggested?

Just take a few hours to race cleann and get rated into s and you won't have any problems. If you see someone trying to dive bomb you, just delay your turn in and they'll fly past you. You may lose a second, but you won't lose sr or get penalty time. Just do your best to get through all the clowns and then you can have some good races...
 
If they turned on realistic damage it would force people to drive safer or risk being out of the race.

Yeah that, and more drastic effects on your speed if you go out on the grass or gravel. There's an option for it but it's not even on "weak" most of the time.
 
After reading many frustrations in various threads of the GTS SR system, I can’t hardly believe that the suggested way to overcome it’s pitfalls is not to race to win but to lay back and come in last. What a joke... now isn’t that original. I ask you, how is that considered a real racing sim ?
The idea is to get your SR up so you get with the good guys and then you can race hard . Even at high SR levels there are incidents and you will drop some SR but the races are amazing !
 
The idea is to get your SR up so you get with the good guys and then you can race hard . Even at high SR levels there are incidents and you will drop some SR but the races are amazing !

>Even at high SR levels there are incidents and you will drop some SR

Yeah, happened to me three times!
 
Back