I'm going to earn my X2010 like a man....

  • Thread starter Thread starter sid77
  • 35 comments
  • 2,247 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
57
Oh dear, today's gamer wants everything on a plate and they want it now!!

Someone on my friends list is duplicating X2010s and giving them away like candy. He sent me a message asking which colour do I want and I sent one back saying 'thanks but no thanks I want to earn mine'. Seriously where is the challenge nowadays? I'm currently at level 28 + 3 quarters and reckon after the next seasonal update and a few more races I'll be at level 30, ready to earn my own X2010. I went up my mates on Friday and he had been given one so this was my first opportunity to drive it. I rang it round the ring after 10 mins of practice and got a time in the low 4mins. I realise this isn't a god like time but it gave me enough confidence to think I can bronze the Vettel challenge at least and earn my own...

Sigh.................
 
Cool story bro. 👍
 
👍👍👍

i hate when it's too easy and i'll get x1 on my own too
 
No offense but either way, you don't earn it anyway. Your B-spec driver does ^^
 
Oh dear, today's gamer wants everything on a plate and they want it now!!

Someone on my friends list is duplicating X2010s and giving them away like candy. He sent me a message asking which colour do I want and I sent one back saying 'thanks but no thanks I want to earn mine'. Seriously where is the challenge nowadays? I'm currently at level 28 + 3 quarters and reckon after the next seasonal update and a few more races I'll be at level 30, ready to earn my own X2010. I went up my mates on Friday and he had been given one so this was my first opportunity to drive it. I rang it round the ring after 10 mins of practice and got a time in the low 4mins. I realise this isn't a god like time but it gave me enough confidence to think I can bronze the Vettel challenge at least and earn my own...

Sigh.................

Nothing but kudos for you 👍
 
i ve bronzed the vettel challenge and got mine. to be honest after bronze, made some trades to collect some colors of x1
 
No offense but either way, you don't earn it anyway. Your B-spec driver does ^^

Yes but still only at level 35 and you have to put the time in to get there. I understand not everyone has "the time". I'm 33 with a full time job, fiance and 9 month old baby girl so I understand their pain but I refuse to be gifted the most prestigious car in the game because I want to smile when I finally earn it knowing I have truly earned it and to feel a sense of accomplishment. I would feel dirty and grubby if it was just given to me.
 
Last edited:
Oh dear, today's gamer wants everything on a plate and they want it now!!

Someone on my friends list is duplicating X2010s and giving them away like candy. He sent me a message asking which colour do I want and I sent one back saying 'thanks but no thanks I want to earn mine'. Seriously where is the challenge nowadays? I'm currently at level 28 + 3 quarters and reckon after the next seasonal update and a few more races I'll be at level 30, ready to earn my own X2010. I went up my mates on Friday and he had been given one so this was my first opportunity to drive it. I rang it round the ring after 10 mins of practice and got a time in the low 4mins. I realise this isn't a god like time but it gave me enough confidence to think I can bronze the Vettel challenge at least and earn my own...

Sigh.................

Is that really how you define your masculinity? oh dear.....
 
Bronzed last saturday (took me 3 hours)

I think I will never use the X2010 again by my own, maybe Bob, but I rather drive real cars, X2010 is fake and to be honest not fun to me.

If I ever drive it again will be to try silver the challenges just for the XP or maybe Photomode.
 
Wow you are so badass man
 
Yes but still only at level 35 and you have to put the time in to get there. I understand not everyone has "the time". I'm 33 with a full time job, fiance and 9 month old baby girl so I understand their pain.

"Putting in time" in B-Spec involves giving Bob a 1000 bhp car and walking away. Not exactly the ideal way to display masculinity.
 
Yes but still only at level 35 and you have to put the time in to get there. I understand not everyone has "the time". I'm 33 with a full time job, fiance and 9 month old baby girl so I understand their pain.

Come on catch up! I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you with the job/baby/wife/age and I have earnt my Vettel X2010 via level 35 B-Spec, and the coloured ones via level 40 B-Spec. I dont have weeks and weeks to 'earn' a carbon X2010 so now it's time to trade for one - no harm in that as I feel I have put in PLENTY of hard work...
 
Is that really how you define your masculinity? oh dear.....

This ^

I bought my X2010, does that make me a Woman? I don't think so 🤬
 
This ^

I bought my X2010, does that make me a Woman? I don't think so 🤬

lol I was just about the say the original post about my masculinity would be from someone who "bought" their X2010. LOL.

Just saying I don't see the point in buying one/trading one when there are two legitimate ways of earning one within the game. My initial sentence in my first post is so true. Today's gamers are grubby cut throat pirates and the sense of accomplishment is merely a level number (or not) to most people.

EDIT: ^^ And I didn't call anyone a woman!
 
This ^

I bought my X2010, does that make me a Woman? I don't think so 🤬

Bought? as in real life money?
 
This ^

I bought my X2010, does that make me a Woman? I don't think so 🤬

This is just an observation and not directly aimed at you in particular, but...

You know, what I find interesting (well, sort of), is that there's always someone who feels the need to post a reasoning for duping/buying/glitching cars.
Whether it's about not having the time to play the game, the system being stupid anyways or 'earning' an X2010 not being an accomplishment anyways. There's always some kind of 'apology' to be found in such threads.

Frankly, I wonder why people need to justify their actions (or, in some cases, attack the OP in such a thread) whenever someone criticises cheating.
What I find particularily interesting is the idea that getting ahold of an X2010 the legitimate way isn't an accomplishment.
The fact that a lot of players only got theirs due to cheating gives some value to earning one yourself.

Does it make the car more special? Nope. Not at all. But some people might take pride in getting one without cheating.
 
This is just an observation and not directly aimed at you in particular, but...

You know, what I find interesting (well, sort of), is that there's always someone who feels the need to post a reasoning for duping/buying/glitching cars.
Whether it's about not having the time to play the game, the system being stupid anyways or 'earning' an X2010 not being an accomplishment anyways. There's always some kind of 'apology' to be found in such threads.

Frankly, I wonder why people need to justify their actions (or, in some cases, attack the OP in such a thread) whenever someone criticises cheating.
What I find particularily interesting is the idea that getting ahold of an X2010 the legitimate way isn't an accomplishment.
The fact that a lot of players only got theirs due to cheating gives some value to earning one yourself.

Does it make the car more special? Nope. Not at all. But some people might take pride in getting one without cheating.

You sir, I take my hat off to you. Thank you. 👍

I wasn't calling anyone a cheat or a woman. Just stating the fact the in todays age people want the quick route/easy buck and forgot what a sense of accomplishment is.
 
of course if defines your masculinity, we are the hunters! we hunt our X1's

not receive them as a donation like p***ies
 
That's the way to go. Earn it. And it's not that hard, especially bronze. For some will be quite easy, for some hard, but everybody can do it and get his share of satisfaction.
 
The Vettel and Coloured X2010's are easily achieveable by completing b-spec. The Carbon X2010 I would say only one in 100,000 people will be able to achieve as all golds on the Vettel challenge as it is very VERY hard to do - especially if you have a job/life :) So the carbon is the only car in the game that I wouldn't ever be able to experience without trading (a hard to get prize that I earned myself). I agree trading it for peanuts is not in the spirit of the game though.
 
Obviously gaming = real life so you shall be immensely rewarded for your efforts. They will bring you great fortunes and make you the envy of your friends and neighbors...

/sarcasm
 
Cant blame people for exploiting the system. After all it was made easy.

Hats off to players who earned x1, got more respect for bronze x1 drivers than anyone with duped carbon. Cant blame them, they know their limit might as well dupe what you can now while its still available.

I earned mine back when the save data was locked, took me 5 hours (no dosnt make me awsome 5 hours i could have been doing other races). I got the WOW factor when I entered games. Now its just another "everyone got one" car.

Totaly agree on one point though people want everything for nothing now, too bad things dont work this way in rl and many will learn this the hard way.
 
Oh dear, today's gamer wants everything on a plate and they want it now!!

Someone on my friends list is duplicating X2010s and giving them away like candy. He sent me a message asking which colour do I want and I sent one back saying 'thanks but no thanks I want to earn mine'. Seriously where is the challenge nowadays? I'm currently at level 28 + 3 quarters and reckon after the next seasonal update and a few more races I'll be at level 30, ready to earn my own X2010. I went up my mates on Friday and he had been given one so this was my first opportunity to drive it. I rang it round the ring after 10 mins of practice and got a time in the low 4mins. I realise this isn't a god like time but it gave me enough confidence to think I can bronze the Vettel challenge at least and earn my own...

Sigh.................

I'm with you mate. Its a shame all that stuff we are seeing. I got my vettel challenge x2010 last week, its really hard to bronze it, but in the future i will try to gold it on my own. I have no rush for this. If you want add me on your psn mate. beb_str
 
I sometimes use cheat codes/walkthroughs in some of my games that I don't really care about. But games like this, my favourites, I'll earn everything purely because its what the game is about for me. Earning cars and driving them and the personal satisfaction that comes from it.

Personally don't find anything wrong with cheats/dupes etc, if you want the cars quicker then go for it.
 
Obviously gaming = real life so you shall be immensely rewarded for your efforts. They will bring you great fortunes and make you the envy of your friends and neighbors...

/sarcasm

True, nobody gifted me any of my cars in my real life supercar garage! I had to work my backside off for them :sly:
 
lol I was just about the say the original post about my masculinity would be from someone who "bought" their X2010. LOL.

Just saying I don't see the point in buying one/trading one when there are two legitimate ways of earning one within the game. My initial sentence in my first post is so true. Today's gamers are grubby cut throat pirates and the sense of accomplishment is merely a level number (or not) to most people.

EDIT: ^^ And I didn't call anyone a woman!

I don't see why you felt the need to start a thread bemoaning how other people (stupid as they may seem) play their £40 computer game. I love Gran Turismo because I love cars and I don't care how other people complete the game. I play for me and you should do the same, obviously when you get your x1 it will be quite an achievement, not denying that but why give people who don't take it as seriously as you hassle?

Let's all get along people. I don't dupe either but I don't consider it a cardinal sin!!

p.s - I traded for my x1 - it's badboy!
 
Last edited:
Obviously gaming = real life so you shall be immensely rewarded for your efforts. They will bring you great fortunes and make you the envy of your friends and neighbors...

/sarcasm

👍

This elitism over a game needs to stop.
 
I'm actually glad I just traded for mine and didn't "earn" it considering I have only used it once. Not really that awesome of a machine.
 
👍

This elitism over a game needs to stop.

What's elitism about?
This is one guy confessing that he's not going to do it the easy way. That's all.

I guess as soon as someone puts more effort than you into something and voices his decision to do so, that's elitism, right?
Guess what, posts like this just seem like someone's got butthurt. Over someone putting a little more effort into a video game.

"Oh, he's not doing it the same easy way as me, that elitist scum!" Yeah, right... :ouch:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back