I'm in a bit of a quandry here...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 34 comments
  • 1,227 views
You have a sunroof and a CD changer?
 
M5Power
You have a sunroof and a CD changer?
Why, yes, yes I do.
The changer is the bomb, though the manual didn't tell me I had to find the proper FM channel to be able to hear the music. (I have now set my first selection button on FM2 to the proper station.)
Before you say anything about my smugness remember I'm still saddled with the four-banger.:D
It also smells just a bit like cherry pipe-tobacco in the little guy.

I also asked the lady at the DMV about a personalized plate. (I want one that says "TONKA") But KS is changing to a new style personalized plate. You order in January and get the plate the next time you register the car. My registration month is October!:irked:
I am not waiting 10 months for a personalized plate. I may change my mind. But I don't think so.:irked:
 
Can't you personalize K-State or KU plates? Or Veteran plates? Actually, thinking about it, I've never seen one personalized, so probably not. You definitely should be able to.

You really should personalize though - the current design with the state capitol is one of the uglier things ever made. I'd bet you "TONKA" is taken though.

Gil
Before you say anything about my smugness remember I'm still saddled with the four-banger.

But it seems like the only drawback. I've never driven a four Ranger or B-series, but you may have lucked out - I've driven plenty of sixes, four and three liters, and they're among the roughest engines I've ever handled. The same engine was used in the Explorer, but even it didn't seem as rough as the Ranger and B-series. Nevertheless, acceleration isn't snappy, as you've surely found out. Still - it's a great truck. And don't remove the running boards; they look damn good. 👍
 
The four is eerily quiet.
It's hard to hear with the radio off.
Radio on, it's only wind noise from the Sun roof.
 
Gil
The four is eerily quiet.
It's hard to hear with the radio off.
Radio on, it's only wind noise from the Sun roof.
The Tonka looks very very clean Gil !.... Congrats !..
 
Back