Im not an environmental nut but...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESCUDO 1800hp
  • 38 comments
  • 2,773 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I turn my lights off when I'm not home. I'm all for entertainment, but "Gran Turismo anywhere" is unethical. Yes, It's morally wrong.

Older PS3's use about 200 watts, newer ones around 100 watts or so. "Gran Turismo anywhere" will mean thousands more PS3s on at any given time, and will be designed ONLY in an effort for patching up a botched gametype, B-spec. This really isn't a form of entertainment, it's just a way of acquiring artificial rewards without any sort of accomplishment.

...On the other hand, I think this guy just make an argument for duping and other exploits being "unethical."

Too bad it's a nearly merit-less argument.
 
I want to trash B-Spec but it's like:
"I'll try B-spec mode out"
"It's really boring"
"(checks prize car list) Oh crap I almost got the Furai! I saw that on Top Gear and it's sweet."
"Alright almost done with B-spec for good, just want the Zonda R!"

And now I'm at the point where I just want the Toyota 7, and I think I'll be done but I honestly don't know.

If B-spec had no rewards no one would play it, whereas if A-spec had no rewards it would still be great.

I started BobSpec when I was A-Spec 30 and realized it'd be a long, long time before I passed the Vettel challenge. Just got to 35 a few days ago and ran Le Mans for the first time last night and got my Toyota GT-One. Luckily the last remaining car prize is a McLaren MP4-12C so I don't think I'll be running BobSpec for much longer but you're not kidding around, there are some great prize cars to be had.
 
But with trading these days, I can get most of the Bspec prize cars and the x1. Running Bspec endurance races makes no sense to me anymore.
 
If you turn off your PS3 when you go out then the terrorists win. Remember man made global warming is a scam, and the whole conservation thing is just a miserable way of living oh yes lets all take 2 minute showers and turn off the lights and play less playstation and rail against plastic bags and ride bikes. Environmentalists just want us to go backwards, if you want to live an Indian fine, just don't force that rubbish on the rest of us.
 
Hey im an Indian and I really dont think were Environmentalists.
 
Hey im an Indian and I really dont think were Environmentalists.

He meant native american indian. This whole tread is trolls trolling trolls though.
 
He meant native american indian. This whole tread is trolls trolling trolls though.

Completely true, but you can't argue with the entertainment!
 
No I meant Kwik I Mart Indians as opposed to Casino Indians.
Enviromentalists hate freedom, and freedom is the ultimate cause of mankind, when you stand for freedom, the United States stands with you
 
We already have a thread for GT Anywhere... one with a subdiscussion on power consumption, to boot.

I don't see this one going anywhere or doing anything but wasting electricity and bandwidth on the GTP servers.

If you want to continue a discussion on the ethicality of even using your PS3, at all, there's always the Opinions and Current Events subforum, which used to generate all the hot air needed to run the the steam generators powering this site. :dopey:

Save electricity, turn off the lights when you lock a thread. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back